Trakdayz gear and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trakdayz gear and stuff

Hey guys I'm enrolled for a level 1 trakdayz on 24th April and was just wondering what level of standard does your gear need to be up to?

I have a hole in my jeans and scratching on my jacket and helmet. Will I need to buy new gear?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Natski.
    Originally posted by Barfrangipani
    It says a lot about you as a person that you can fuck up so often and so catastrophically, and everyone still 's you

Go hear Protective Gear depends on the severity of the damage. I will leave it to some of the experienced guys to comment on that
    "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

I would say you will need new jeans and possibly a new helmet.

Comment

jacket will be fine new jeans definitly. i recomend getting some leather pants or a full suit but draggin jeans will be fine if its you first time out, an dont plan on trying to be the fastest out there. helmet depends on the scratching ive gotten through loads of times with a bit of a battered helmet from drops and crashes but it never had any huge grazes on it, thats my spare now though, remember helmets are built to survive i drop/hit/crash.

Comment

Originally posted by natski View Post
          Hey guys I'm enrolled for a level 1 trakdayz on 24th April and was just wondering what level of standard does your gear need to be up to?

I have a hole in my jeans and scratching on my jacket and helmet. Will I need to buy new gear?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Natski.
          As Kenny Roberts Snr once said when asked about safety gear "If you think you've got a ten dollar head then wear a ten dollar helmet!"
          I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
          2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

If your helmet has anything other than a very minor chip (from a rock etc), it won't pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID View Post
              Go hear Protective Gear depends on the severity of the damage. I will leave it to some of the experienced guys to comment on that
              Cheers I have already been there. More looking at what level of damage is acceptable :-/

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk
              It says a lot about you as a person that you can fuck up so often and so catastrophically, and everyone still 's you

Comment

Thanx guys looks like I might be better off getting a new helmet and maybe seeing if I can rent a set of their leathers on the day.

Appreciate the feedback from all of you. Being the first time I'm super excited and a little nervous.

Comment

Thanx guys looks like I might be better off getting a new helmet and maybe seeing if I can rent a set of their leathers on the day.

Appreciate the feedback from all of you. Being the first time I'm super excited and a little nervous.
                  there's no pressure to go faster than you are comfortable with, it's more about improving your pace without the distractions of cars and roadside hazards.

you'd probably be better off getting a new set of kevlar jeans than renting leathers.
                  Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                  Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Sounds good rent some leathers ,fully enjoy the day its fun and ride to your ability

Comment

Motorcycle Pitstop do a leather hire service. Talk to Craig or Karen.
                      [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Grin View Post
                        Motorcycle Pitstop do a leather hire service. Talk to Craig or Karen.
                        Is this at barbs?

Comment

Get leathers, you are going faster than you do on the street, and if anything goes wrong it will be worthwhile having them.

Comment

don't think Trackdayz rent leathers, racecraft do..
                            There are two questions in life.
                            1:Which way do I go
                            2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Is this at barbs?

No, its a shop in Angove St, North Perth
                              The dream had vanished, Unfortunately the lifestyle remained.

Comment

Working...
                              X