2011 Racing Sponsor List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Racing Sponsor List

I've had a quick search and can’t find a thread containing a current list of sponsors for the racers that are members of PSB. I'm interested in getting an idea of who is funding who out there and then possibly being able to use this list to convince prospective sponsors that they should be involved in a road racing sponsorship.

Personally I’m chasing mining and peripheral industries including earthworks and engineering contractors as I already have affiliations to such companies. So list away if you are interested, as I see it as more exposure for those giving you their hard earned dollars, and a help to those still chasing a sponsorship.
    DERP

Sponsors are few and far in between, most racers are sponsored by the companies that they are employed in, are friends with the owners or for the lucky few who are genuinely fast get approached.

Many racers are employees in the resource sector and as such you will see the CAT and Steel Blue connection, for which I, as well as the whole racing community are very grateful (without them we wouldn't have a racing season at all).

I have a blank bike and am basically sponsored by MasterCard's lending policy, and my own self policed level of debt.

Sponsors will rarely advertise their own hard earned cash for others to enjoy their hobby and sport, especially in these post "global financial crisis" days. Sadly we are an even smaller minority in the racing community than we are in the streets, and the exposure offered by road racing in WA is not all it could be. (TV - None, radio - none, barely a column in The West)
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Good point.
      It is very sad that the local media doesnt get on board.
      West Tv should be up there with a heap of media studies students filming and broadcasting.
      Wouldnt hurt if it was mentioned in the sport section of the news, I mean like 30 second piece once a month...
      Local companies would then get on board, with exposure for their advertising investment.
      All in all their needs to be a big game lifting......

Comment

Originally posted by Gangus View Post
        All in all their needs to be a big game lifting......
        so i take it that is your way of volunteering to help do something about it the, you are going to lift the game..........

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
          Sponsors are few and far in between, most racers are sponsored by the companies that they are employed in, are friends with the owners
          This is usually the case. Its very rare that racers get approached with sponsorship packages. All my sponsors are people I know or work for and looks like its gonna stasy that way.
          A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Well I'm trying.
            I'm getting my arse up their and having a go, in a class that has nearly no competitors.

Comment

Working...
            X