Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a "cheap" trackday bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a "cheap" trackday bike?

Just got my SV1000S for the road, and I really want to do some trackdays, mainly just to improve my skillz, have no intention to race.

Thinking the SV prolly isn't ideal, maybe a 600 sports bike would be good... any suggestions? Ideas on budget required?

Wouldn't need to be licenced, I have a van (or trailer) and an ex racer in track glass would prob be ideal?

The sv will do just fine if all you want is to learn about bike handling and other techniques

Comment

If you want a dedicated track bike, then here might be a good place to start looking.
      Pick your budget first.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...2007-a-104821/
        Buy it so I don't :|

Comment

I'd forgotten about that one.
          $5K, that is an utter bargain.

Comment

Geez that ZX6 is a steal!

If it's already sold I may still be willing to part with mine, it's got the new fairings on it now, just need some new rubber and i'll be back up at the track

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...k-bike-121550/
            Giggity.

Comment

lols, this will quickly turn into a "buy my bike thread".

So yeah, buy my bike.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...245700-120305/
              Originally posted by Ferris
              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

No such thing as a cheap track bike. Sure the initial purchase may be 'cheap' but its all downhill for your bank balance after that I assure you
                Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                  No such thing as a cheap track bike. Sure the initial purchase may be 'cheap' but its all downhill for your bank balance after that I assure you
                  Bit like buying a boat then eh? haha

(I haven't actually done much on it yet, waiting until work slows down... soon)

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                    lols, this will quickly turn into a "buy my bike thread".

So yeah, buy my bike...
                    Or mine! LOL
                    2002 Honda CBR 600F4i - approx 20k on the clock. Been drilled/lockwired for track but not raced.
                    White respray as it has been down the road (full details of crash and repair available).
                    Road registered. Yoshi zorst. PCIII. $5,995.
                    Last edited by Ice; 25-04-2011, 12:10 AM.
                    "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

^ Buy a 600 to start on. An F4i would be an excellent starting bike. They are absolutely bullet proof and are very forgiving to ride. They also go a hell of a lot quicker than the specs would suggest. I ran flat 64's on mine and couldn't go as fast on an 06 R6.

Dizzy Dave ran 61's on his and was competitive against current model bikes. Of course DD is mad as underpants.

Comment

Working...
                      X