Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions vs trackdayz vs mcrc

Originally posted by mattDC5R View Post

champions are a good provider but they dont have any instructors on track to help keep you poinitng in the right direction, unless you pay extra.
    I havent been able to make a racecraft yet, but they have on track instructors i believe.
    i did a search. maybe not good enough but i didn't find anything apart from this quote above.

i need to know from your experiences of champion having less instruction compared with trackdayz? i am under the impression trackdayz level 2 onward is with less instruction, and that on champion you can pay extra 150 for tuition for any level, which is what i have done. but i was told today that they don't give much instruction. that or the tuition is with the 150 extra?

i'm booked in for champions, 125 for spot and 150 for tuition. does this mean that even with the tuition i will get less supervision compared with trackdayz? reason i ask this is that everyone i know that has done trackdayz gets full supervision at level 1, and opt to have less supervision as they progress to higher levels.

not to bag any organisation, but i'd just like to know what i'm up for when i sign up for a track day. currently i plan to go with champion because the dates suits me but it seems more expensive. trackdayz level 1 is for 200, level 2 is for 170 etc.. whereas champion level i with tuition is 275.

also what does an mcrc race craft consist of? the website isn't very clear. brochure has some information and 8 by 15 minute track sessions. does this mean we get a lecture between track time? a bit of one on one supervision on track?

Trackdayz coach are always available to give advice no matter what group you are in...

Ask for help or advice and they are happy to help...

Racecraft is what is required to get a race licence...

More race focussed, lines, braking points, etc...

I have never done a Champions day, but have done heaps of trackdayz and have completed racecraft and have a race license...

I reccommend Trackdayz as the best starting point...

Comment

Originally posted by FEARLEZ5 View Post
      also what does an mcrc race craft consist of? the website isn't very clear. brochure has some information and 8 by 15 minute track sessions. does this mean we get a lecture between track time? a bit of one on one supervision on track?
      in the first level you have a group chat in the pits with your coaches after each session, not as full on as trackdayz level 1 coaching.
      they will watch you in the sessions and talk to you in the breaks if anything is really sticking out, but it helps to talk to them and ask them specific advice if thats what your interested in.

i would go trackdayz unless you are interested in racing.
      Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
      Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Racecraft for me, coaching between each session and instructors on the track.
        There are two questions in life.
        1:Which way do I go
        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

ahh ok so racecraft is out for me then.. unless i plan to challenge Rossi

trackdayz vs champions... at the moment more people say good things about trackdayz, i.e. supervision, level of detail, coming out of level 1 with more confidence, and people that don't mind repearing level 1 again ..

general consensus is to do trackdayz.. and if i feel like racing i'd go racecradt after doing some trackdayz?

Comment

Trakdayz has coaching available through all the Levels
            Racecraft has coaching and although its probably working towards Racing it is still a good thing,Lvl1 is a bit between Trakdayz Grp1 & Grp2
            Champions is cheaper and you pay for coaching not sure how full on the Instruction is

Starting out Trakdayz is probably the best way to start from that you will have the basicsand all your questions will be answered on the day and then be able to go to Champions with some knowledge of the Track and the lines which will give you some confidence

I think AHG do something but i have never done their course

Comment

Originally posted by FEARLEZ5 View Post
              ahh ok so racecraft is out for me then.. unless i plan to challenge Rossi
              No, is for track riding improvement not just racing, I found it better than trackdayz..
              There are two questions in life.
              1:Which way do I go
              2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Racecraft if you want to go racing or become a serious track day junky.

Trakdayz if you want to improve bike control, knowledge and general skill levels. Trakdayz have full on training in level 1 and coaches in all the other groups who are approachable.

Champions if you just want ride the track.

I prefer track days that are run with a some level of grading and coaching. It helps limit people doing crazy shit on the track...like slowing down suddenly on the fast line or weaving down the straights.

Comment

I've done trackdays 1, 2, and 3, and Racecraft 1, booked in for 2. All the coaches that I have had in all groups at both establishments have been very helpful and very approachable. There's no stuck-up snobbery or airs and graces bullshit, they just want everyone to enjoy themselves and learn something along the way.

The same goes for the people there that aren't instructors. I've asked a couple of racer dudes from Group 4 a couple of things one time and they were only too happy to help me and give advice.

It's a lot more friendly and open than some other forms of racing I have done.
                  BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

RAC: Grogan road. excellent coaches and great intro to first track (240 then $80 tuning: with some companies, cheaper insurance)
                    CHAMPIONS: once you have the theory and some practice and you just want tracktime to improve-(discount for group bookings)
                    TRACKDAYZ/ and RACECRAFT: I found both extremely helpful in their coaching and advice (racecraft: once you get your licence, $80 tuning sessions....

Comment

Originally posted by thugsfatboy464 View Post
                      Champions is cheaper and you pay for coaching not sure how full on the Instruction is
                      you are not the first person to say this. however going onto the websites, trackdayz is cheaper (200 bucks) compared to champion (125 for the spot + 150 for tuition) or am i missing something here?

hence why i mention in first thread because a few people have said that champion doesn't have as much instruction, it's less value?

Originally posted by nevr2old View Post
                      Champions if you just want ride the track.
                      yeh i heard this before too. gee... the most obvious choice for me is trackdayz now.. but they're always so fully booked for this reason.

Comment

There is a risk with the 'just ride the track' approach. People riding without on track coaching and intervention, seems to push the crash rate up. Honda use to run ride days without grading riders and no instruction or follow up after sessions. The number of crashes on a day was frightening. In the end I decided it was not worth the risk doing those style days.

Comment

I'm a fan of Trakdayz. Four levels with Grp 4 mostly populated with current and past road racers or fast track day riders... plenty of encouragement and coaching in Grps 1, 2 & 3
                          I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                          2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Originally posted by nevr2old View Post
                            There is a risk with the 'just ride the track' approach. People riding without on track coaching and intervention, seems to push the crash rate up. Honda use to run ride days without grading riders and no instruction or follow up after sessions. The number of crashes on a day was frightening. In the end I decided it was not worth the risk doing those style days.
                            Originally posted by Scott52 View Post
                            I'm a fan of Trakdayz. Four levels with Grp 4 mostly populated with current and past road racers or fast track day riders... plenty of encouragement and coaching in Grps 1, 2 & 3
                            WTS^^^^ +++

Although I am no slouch nor inexperienced, I find the "false bravado" demonstrated by the actions of some untrained, uncontrolled bike riders on a track day rather scary. Similarly I find lack of proper grading/grouping according to skill level somewhat tetchy when corner speed differential is quite large. Riding with gp4 in Trakdayz is generally great fun with the regular crowd of fast geriatrics and young guns. Champions fastest group can be similar but sometimes contains some "inappropriate" riders who really should be dropped back (inconsistent lines, lack of corner entry speed etc). Don't think I 've seen this actually enforced by the organisers.

FWIW
                            q
                            bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                            -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                            __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
                              WTS^^^^ +++

Although I am no slouch nor inexperienced, I find the "false bravado" demonstrated by the actions of some untrained, uncontrolled bike riders on a track day rather scary. Similarly I find lack of proper grading/grouping according to skill level somewhat tetchy when corner speed differential is quite large. Riding with gp4 in Trakdayz is generally great fun with the regular crowd of fast geriatrics and young guns. Champions fastest group can be similar but sometimes contains some "inappropriate" riders who really should be dropped back (inconsistent lines, lack of corner entry speed etc). Don't think I 've seen this actually enforced by the organisers.

FWIW
                              q
                              I agree with Q's sentiments. I think some riders front up for group 4 a bit too soon. There are plenty of entrants doing low 60 second laps. If you're experienced you'll know that dropping lap times gets harder and takes more experience the faster you go ... in other words it's easier to go from a +70 second lap to a 66/65 lap compared to going from 65 sec to 61 sec ... and getting to 58 sec from 60 sec is much harder again.

If you're a fast street rider, punting a motorcycle around a race track for the first time is a big attack on your self esteem. It's a lot harder than it looks. It requires patience and a persistent attitude to gradually work your times down safely ... not to mention bike setup, tyres etc. It's possible some fellows feel peer pressure to go fast quickly and they out ride themselves.
                              I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                              2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Working...
                              X