Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raceglass - What should I look out for and any recommendations in term of brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceglass - What should I look out for and any recommendations in term of brands?

Hi there,

I'm chasing a set of raceglass for the cibby. Is there anything i should look out for such as materials, kevlar lining, mounting holes etc. and what brand would you guys recommend?

Cheers,
    Rane

Raceglass will not come with pre-drilled holes. I'd suggest as a minimum fibreglass, with reinforced mounting points (generally kevlar)

Raceglass suppliers in Australia -
    Zaks
    Racers Edge
    Dr Glass (?)
    Ozzy Race Fairings

Other well recommended Race Glass Suppliers;
    Attack Performance
    Catalyst Composites
    Sharkskinz
    Armour Bodies
    Pro Fiber

Having tried a few, I've currently got 2 sets of Pro Fiber (Available online or through JB Performance a PSB Sponsor), as they are very good value for money, good quality and very easy to fit. My last set took only 45 minutes by myself, and required only minimal grinding purely for asthetics rather than to get a correct fit.
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

thanks tim exactly what i was looking for

Comment

Has anyone had Sharkskinz shipped to WA?

'Thank you for your enquiry
        The Parts would be PACKAGE DEAL - $479
        The bodywork requires a very large box to ship safely.
        Unfortunately, shipping a Very Large Box, 1/2 way around the Globe in an Airplane is very expensive.
        Shipping costs runs approx - $550'

That was the reply I got direct from manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post

Unfortunately, shipping a Very Large Box, 1/2 way around the Globe in an Airplane is very expensive.

Was part of a group buy on some lower fairings for VTR1000's a few year back and that was one way to keep the shipping costs down, but a single item can be prohibitive. The stuff I got from Sharkskins was top quality though.
          [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

I might be able to source a second hand set, if it's for the 05 CBR. Would need repainting thought...It is a bit of a mixed colour scheme.... Let me know if you are interested...
            SP RACINGis supported by:
            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
              I might be able to source a second hand set, if it's for the 05 CBR. Would need repainting thought...It is a bit of a mixed colour scheme.... Let me know if you are interested...
              He's sold that bike now

I'm on the lookout for track fairings for an 2011 GSXR-600. Doesn't seem they're being made by many companies at the moment cos they're pretty new, but I have seen 2011 gixxerthou fairings. I will start searching the companies BlackFZR listed. I know hotbodies does a set but postage is pretty up there. Don't know how long I can last without tracking the new beasty () so I may have to shell out for a set pretty soon. If anyone has seen any being made by reputable companies, feel free to post away.

Last set for the R1 was SFA from Tyga fairings - fitted really well and postage was next to nothing. Please, Tyga fairings hurry up and make a set!
              Last edited by Kristy; 24-03-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post

They sent me an email saying flat out that they wouldn't ship my ZX9 fairings to australia, no matter the cost.
                Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                Originally posted by filbert
                it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

Oh...note to self...check the date of the op first...ah well....
                  SP RACINGis supported by:
                  MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                  Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                  Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Yeah that be half my fault for bumping an old thread, saved making a new one which is very frowned upon by those with 35,000 posts haha.

Tyga will ship a tail from Thailand but not from the USA.
                    SuperbikeToystore will ship Sharkskinz to OZ.. soon to find out freight costs.

Comment

Just mounted a set or Armorbodies on the R6, they seem to be pretty decent quality and fitted well, no blood lost!

Got them from SBK toystore, they filled in the gaps with all the other crap I bought to keep the shipping dimensions down.

On the subject of raceglass, is there anywhere in Perth to source a couple of those rubber bungs for the bottom fairing???
                      Giggity.

Comment

Originally posted by MMiikkee View Post
                        Just mounted a set or Armorbodies on the R6, they seem to be pretty decent quality and fitted well, no blood lost!

Got them from SBK toystore, they filled in the gaps with all the other crap I bought to keep the shipping dimensions down.

On the subject of raceglass, is there anywhere in Perth to source a couple of those rubber bungs for the bottom fairing???
                        Any of the auto parts stores, ask for sealing grommets.
                        [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

Brilliant, thanks Grin!
                          Giggity.

Comment

While we are here...

Got a 10% discount code good until the 31st only, for pro fiber.
                            You'd probably have them delivered for $600 or less.

Mine just fitted up nicely. Very, very light. Surface was good, smooth, and ready to paint.
                            The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Make sure you know what you are getting for your money Submit, I bought Pro fiber fairings for ~ $600 and didn't get a tank cover, the side farings were also cut too short where they should join the tank cover, so they just flap about in the breeze.
                              07 MV F41000R
                              09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                              07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                              sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X