DZUS fasteners - which type is best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DZUS fasteners - which type is best

Hi all, this may be a silly question, but I am planning on getting some DZUS fasteners for my track bike and was wondering which type is the best. I don't care how hard they are to install, I just want the ones that work the best so that when I am at the track stripping my bike it requires the least effort possible (this may be fairly often as it is a 2 stroke ). So a few questions:

- Clip on or rivet on - is there any difference in function? Do the clips move around and cause trouble, or do they clip well enough to not cause any problems?
    - DZUS pro (spring type) or normal DZUS - Is one better than the other? Spring type seems to cost more as well as being harder to install??
    - I would prefer D ring, are there any disadvantages (I can't think of any atm)?

As I said, it may be a silly question as they may all work just fine but there seems to be a large number of different types, so I just want to make sure I don't buy crappy ones. ^_^

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

The style usually depends on your Glass,the racers edge glass i had ,it used rivet style ones where as ones for my factory duke panels use clips ,i buy all mine from Ebay site kurvygurl good prices ,to buy the rivet style ones here are bout $15 ea
    Always found good service from her

kurveygirl | eBay

Comment

If you really don't want your panels moving, use anchor nuts and screws. Its the most solid form of attachment.

Dzus, Camloc, Aeroloc etc tend to let the panels fret and wear over time and enlargening fastener holes.
      A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        If you really don't want your panels moving, use anchor nuts and screws. Its the most solid form of attachment.

Dzus, Camloc, Aeroloc etc tend to let the panels fret and wear over time and enlargening fastener holes.
        +1 for something solid, hence my 916 having korean ABS fairings in place of the OEM they wore through to the point of not being repairable.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by thugsfatboy464 View Post
          The style usually depends on your Glass,the racers edge glass i had ,it used rivet style ones where as ones for my factory duke panels use clips ,i buy all mine from Ebay site kurvygurl good prices ,to buy the rivet style ones here are bout $15 ea
          Always found good service from her

kurveygirl | eBay
          Yeah, I have racers edge glass as well, at the moment it has anchor nuts and screws. I have also heard of kurveygirl stuff before, that is what I was planning on buying.

I don't really mind if the panels move a little and eventually wear out, the main thing is getting the ease of removal/replacement because I can see myself doing quite a bit of maintenance. My brother has some Dzus spring type fasteners and they are very solid, but I think that is mainly to do with the length of the fastener and spring, his clip together very tightly because they only just fit. I might just try getting this type for now and see how I go.

Comment

Bumping an old thread. I am looking for the D-ring fasteners preferably in black. Anyone know where I can order these? I need 8 6x14, 2 6x16 and 2 6x22.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I ended up getting mine from here: KurveyGirl - Motorcycle Stuff: Dzus Fasteners, angled valve stems, Vesrah and More

They have kits of all different sizes and clip types and they have black ones. Probolt also sells them including ally and titanium but they are quite a bit more expensive.

Comment

I am still yet to find te type I want.

I am looking for the bolt piece to suit the rivet:spring type fasteners, but I want the head to be a flat blade screw, not a D-ring.

I already have these in my bike, but want new/spare ones... any one else know where to find these???
                The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Try Go Gear is osb park Aiiden. They have the slot head fasteners in ali.

Comment

As bad as it sounds... I was hoping to avoid aus prices.

Will have to try them though. Awesome little shop, made me some brake lines while I waited.
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

CAMLOC 2700 STUDS from Aircraft Spruce
                      A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

I found ProBolt to be great for bits and pieces. Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminium Fasteners & Motorcycle Bolts | ProBolt
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Ebay also has a bunch of them, just make sure you get the right length to suit the fairing thickness.

Slotted ones:

Dzus / Zues / D-Ring Clips for Race Fairings - x 8 | eBay
                          Small 5/16 Dzus Self Ejecting Springs Back Plates Dzues | eBay

Comment

Working...
                          X