Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs to be amended for accuracy now though....

"Move to the Eastern States"

/thread.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• MODERATORS - I can't edit the original post, so can you please add the paragraph below to my starter post in this thread to cover 'risk' given events over the last year. It would fit under the section on 'cost'.

RISK

Motorcycling is dangerous. Race and you will crash. Understand the risks, make your decision and accept the consequences.

You sign an indemnity before you race that says you may be injured or killed. Don’t be sidetracked by arguments on the legality of an indemnity. The real issue is that you personally understand the risks in what you are doing. If you don’t understand, or don’t want to accept the risk, don’t ride. Understanding the risks will allow you personally to take steps to minimise them. You have primary responsibility for your own safety.

Recently there have been inaccurate claims about the cause of fatalities at Barbagallo. Do not be mislead into thinking it is only walls that makes racing dangerous. History tells us otherwise.

Comment

• Bit late for that shit.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Maybe, but I started the original thread and it never really occurred to me that people would take such a narrow view of the hazards of sitting on 170 kg flying into corners at 230 kph +. At least I've covered it now.

Comments I've read by people saying just get down to Collie or head over to Sepang make me shake my head. I am more comfortable riding Barbagallo than Collie in their current form. I've run low 49's at Collie and managed a 48. The walls are too close, there are no sand traps and the surface is unpredictable. If you are happy to ride Collie, go for it. But if you think Barbagallo was so dangerous it had to be closed and you ride Collie, re-think your personal risk assessment.

Sepang may be FIM spec, but there are other risks. I've seen comments on Sepang's state of the art medical centre, but that means nothing when it isn't open or staffed. I spoke with a local racer who competed in Malaysia, but stopped following deaths. He tried to get changes to the way events were run, but no go. We are bloody lucky to have MCRC running our local events with the professionalism they maintain. His advice was don't ride Sepang. I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't ride there, just think first.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
            Needs to be amended for accuracy now though....

"Move to the Eastern States"

/thread.

Or maybe earn a million $ a year and build own track
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
              Or maybe earn a million $ a year and build own track

Maybe Forrester Gump can throw some millions at a moto track - he hasn't got a WA rugby (team) to worry about now.

*kidding*

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil-51 View Post
                Sepang may be FIM spec, but there are other risks. I've seen comments on Sepang's state of the art medical centre, but that means nothing when it isn't open or staffed. I spoke with a local racer who competed in Malaysia, but stopped following deaths. He tried to get changes to the way events were run, but no go. We are bloody lucky to have MCRC running our local events with the professionalism they maintain. His advice was don't ride Sepang. I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't ride there, just think first.
                I rode at Circuit Johor back in 2010 on a borrowed R6, the outfield had foot high grass in marshland with about 2-3 guys slowly cutting down with whipper snippers. There were cobras, wild pigs and lizards the size of alligators walking around, and crossing the track all while I shot past at 200kph+. The med centre was box of bandaids and some out of date panadol. The surface had not been redone, since the 500GP days...

I'd go there again immediately, in my eyes there is no such thing as a dangerous circuit.

It's just a ribbon of tarmac... how you interact with it determines how dangerous it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                  I'd go there again immediately, in my eyes there is no such thing as a dangerous circuit.

It's just a ribbon of tarmac... how you interact with it determines how dangerous it is.
                  There's a fair amount of truth in this, but you also need to consider the way those you are sharing the track with are interacting as well.
                  Getting run over tends to have a fairly detrimental effect on the outcome of your day.
                  Originally posted by mekon
                  Why are pirates called pirates?
                  Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                  X