Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race/track tyre thread. 2nd hand or new tyre trade.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race/track tyre thread. 2nd hand or new tyre trade.

Putting this out here so that racers can sell and exchange used tyres that they no longer wish to use for racing but want to pass on to racers starting out or just track day punters that would like something a bit stickier but can't justify the outlay of $600 for a new set of slicks for the sake of a track day.

In my first season of racing I relied almost entirely on second hand slicks and hand-me-downs (ranging in price) from the faster riders that would use a set of slicks per meeting then discard them, it's through the actions of these racers that allowed my first season of racing to not only be far more affordable but also much more enjoyable. I have done a much the same to shift some tyres out of the shed in the past.

So there is, if you have some second hand tyres that still have some life in them, post them up in here and get them shifted from your shed and into the hands of those that need them, It's also a good way to get some cash back on your old tyres.
    Last edited by TurboR1; 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

I too have only been able to race over the last few years by the generocity of others and some hand me down tyres.
    I would like to keep this tradition going too so if anyone has any decent superbike slicks I am interested.
    RR VRT #100
    Sponsors Wanted.
    Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
    A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

No idea if this could/would work but if any guys running 160 rears at barbs want to swap tyres with me @ ~50% life let me know. The motard tracks are all left handers, my last rear had 50% on one side and belts on the other.
      Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
      SupermotoWA on Bookface
      You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

I'll also put it out there, that it is perfectly ok to run a slick in reverse to get more life out of the tyre... have been doing it ever since I started racing.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Last time I had a tyre on backwards i crashed
          Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
          SupermotoWA on Bookface
          You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

Any motard slicks, let me know. The 250's run the same tyres, and there are a few of us now I spent last year on street tyres as I couldn't scrape up enough at the time.
            Racing as a sport is very pricey unfortunately, any help is appreciated and goes a long way

Comment

Originally posted by Gangus View Post
              Any motard slicks, let me know. The 250's run the same tyres, and there are a few of us now I spent last year on street tyres as I couldn't scrape up enough at the time.
              Racing as a sport is very pricey unfortunately, any help is appreciated and goes a long way
              I can possibly spare a tire or two... Maxxis pressa brand new 165/56/17 for $100ea. Hard compound. They are a few years old, but have been stored.

I haven't fitted this batch to a bike as yet, I've only run their mediums before so can't give feedback on how they run.
              I have a stack of them here
              Last edited by Shady7/8; 15-08-2012, 07:26 PM.
              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
              . .

Comment

I have my set of bridgestones 120 front and 190 rear from last two track tuning days. $50 for the set, also will have more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by deano68er View Post
                  I have my set of bridgestones 120 front and 190 rear from last two track tuning days. $50 for the set, also will have more to come.
                  Hi mate ill take them....thanks
                  Join RAM Motosport's Facebook page to follow our progress: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAM-M...5324753?ref=hl

Raj Sarin #180; Bike: ZX6R; Class: SSPT; Titles: AMCC Clubmans Champion #1 (1000+cc) [NZ 2011], Taupo Three Hour Endurance Race #2 (NZ 2011), Paeroa BOTS street race #9 in Kings (NZ 2012). Tracks raced: Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Manfield, Taupo, Barbagello (PB 60.3 on ZX6R), Collie (PB 47.4090 on ZX6R), Paeroa BOTS
                  Sponsors: Motorlegal www.motorlegal.com.au United Oils

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiBiker View Post
                    Hi mate ill take them....thanks
                    Gone to the man from the long white cloud,PM me for pickup time & place

Comment

Pirelli SC's - 3 sets of 180/60 and one set of 180/55's. the fronts are in top condition, two have completed only one track day/race round until they were retired.

bout $50 to a $100 a set? PM for deets.
                      DERP

Comment

Originally posted by OneEighty View Post
                        Pirelli SC's - 3 sets of 180/60 and one set of 180/55's. the fronts are in top condition, two have completed only one track day/race round until they were retired.

I might as well buy a set off you as well mate. I'll take a good front and good rear. 180/60 thanks a ton.

Great thread thanks Robin.
                        Join RAM Motosport's Facebook page to follow our progress: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAM-M...5324753?ref=hl

Raj Sarin #180; Bike: ZX6R; Class: SSPT; Titles: AMCC Clubmans Champion #1 (1000+cc) [NZ 2011], Taupo Three Hour Endurance Race #2 (NZ 2011), Paeroa BOTS street race #9 in Kings (NZ 2012). Tracks raced: Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Manfield, Taupo, Barbagello (PB 60.3 on ZX6R), Collie (PB 47.4090 on ZX6R), Paeroa BOTS

Comment

i too would love a nice set of 180/60's (I think, is that normal R6 size?). done 2 x sessions on a set of cast offs and they feel a bit average now
                          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Could I get a set too, not fussed between the 55 or 60, whichever is in better condition.
                            Thanks

Comment

Hi OneEighty

Whats your addy?
                              I'll pop around this weekend to get a set or two.
                              Il probably run close to 66s on my road bike so would need some descent rubber!
                              Your inbox is full btw.

Cheers Raj
                              KiwiBiker

Comment

Working...
                              X