Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping you from coming to watch a Supermoto Race round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats stopping you from coming to watch a Supermoto Race round?

For those that dont know Supermoto is a cross between road racing and motocross done on dirt bikes with road tyres. There is a supermoto race series in Perth with the races held at the Wanneroo International Kart track right next door to Barbagello Raceway. Some of our guys have just come back from the nationals with one winning his class.

I personally think supermoto racing is fantastic to watch, it has
    • Fast racing with guys backing it in at the corners
    • MX style jumps and table tops
    • A smaller track so all the action can be seen from any viewing point
    • exciting crashes
    • Free entry

Im interested in trying to work out how to increase the spectators at these events and as a motorcycle forum I was wondering what it would take to get people down to watch.

The final round for this year is October 20 and it should be some very exciting racing. A thread for the event will be posted up later.

Supermoto WA

https://www.facebook.com/groups/supermotowa/

Great video from Marc of the last round
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Some footage from the nationals

Comment

I never come to watch because I only just found out it was on by reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
        I never come to watch because I only just found out it was on by reading this thread.
        Cheers for the reply, thats the kind of information we are looking to find out.

Comment

I'm tempted to watch or take part if my new bike will be good enough

Comment

Originally posted by doogle View Post
            I'm tempted to watch or take part if my new bike will be good enough
            Come on down to the next round and check it out. Dont worry about how good your bike is as we have people racing of all levels.

Comment

I won't have the bike until next season but if I see a post for the next race I will probably come have a look.

Doug

Comment

1) Never came to watch because I don't know whats happening there. Always been 'kinda interested' and I know it's supermoto racing.. But never really found out how many races/classes/competitors and whether or not its worth making a day out of. Now, since you're wanting to find out so you can increase your spectator size, I'll tell you exactly why I don't know these things - because they're not shoved in my face enough. I could probably find out if I wanted to, but at the moment I have no real interest in going so am not going to bother finding out what the day includes. However, if the fact that there was a bunch of stuff to see and do was made obvious to me, I'd probably be more inclined to go.

2) Have toyed with the idea of racing a pocket rocket bike or minimoto there as it'll probably be a cheap way of getting a racing buzz. But once again, I don't really know what's involved. I'm more likely to get a race bike as all the info is here int eh 'Track Time' section and there's a thread detailing exactly what is needed.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                  1) Never came to watch because I don't know whats happening there. Always been 'kinda interested' and I know it's supermoto racing.. But never really found out how many races/classes/competitors and whether or not its worth making a day out of. Now, since you're wanting to find out so you can increase your spectator size, I'll tell you exactly why I don't know these things - because they're not shoved in my face enough. I could probably find out if I wanted to, but at the moment I have no real interest in going so am not going to bother finding out what the day includes. However, if the fact that there was a bunch of stuff to see and do was made obvious to me, I'd probably be more inclined to go.

2) Have toyed with the idea of racing a pocket rocket bike or minimoto there as it'll probably be a cheap way of getting a racing buzz. But once again, I don't really know what's involved. I'm more likely to get a race bike as all the info is here int eh 'Track Time' section and there's a thread detailing exactly what is needed.

Hope that helps
                  It does

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post

Hope that helps

I find it interesting that you say this when we post up a thread for each race and practice event that sees modest traffic. We also have a several how to threads of people doing builds on their bikes getting ready for street tard or race tard.

Obviously we're not getting enough info into them, can you let us know what we've missed?
                    What info would you like to know? How can we fill the gaps to get people like yourself there?

Is it cheaper than a sports bike? Yes. A bike can be bought already set up for $5-$10k. Crash it, and kick the bark buster back into place and get back to riding. Crash a sports bike and spend a few hundred to a few thousand, and several weeks waiting for parts.

Lot's more info here: Supermoto WA
                    Also on our Facebook group, here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/supermotowa/
                    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                    . .

Comment

I would if most of my spare time wasn't taken up with road racing.

Thoroughly enjoyed the race at Barbs some years ago and another event at Collie.

Again advertising is the key, Facebook and other sites may help, mainstream media is a waste of time and money for any form of motorcycle sport in this neck of the woods.

Post up Spectator facilities and entrance fees if any?

Comment

I say this purely as an unbiased potential consumer.

I see the threads and have only ever looked at them quickly.. Do they mention what the day consists of? (they may do, like i said i only ever look quickly)..

I've seen the build threads they're more off a convert dirt to moto, is there much more to track/race them?

For me, it was only the fact that I don't know what the day consisted of & what was required of potential race bikes.. Even after browsing your website for a couple of moment, I don't really know what to expect of a race day.. How many classes are there? How many races does each class have? What do i need to do to take part in the lowest/cheapest level in racing there?? (cos thats one major selling to me atm)

I know you're probably thinking 'well fuck if you wanted to find that out you could look here or call there', but the people that wanted to do that already have. Everyone that is super keen on racing & watching is already there.. You need to target the fence sitters now by throwing all the info you can at them without them realising IMO..

Comment

Comment

For me - its generally on on the sme weekend as a trackday or raceday - meaning I have no time!

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                              For me - its generally on on the sme weekend as a trackday or raceday - meaning I have no time!
                              Thats a fair call with so many racing events on and so few week ends. We have a few MCRCWA guys racing with us when it doesnt conflict with their state rounds. Have you ever considered giving it a go? Its one of the cheapest forms of racing and extremely forgiving on both the bike and body when you crash.

Comment

Working...
                              X