TrakDayz Rule Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrakDayz Rule Change

For the last few Trakdayz days, there has been a frenzy of trading of places/tickets/whatever you like to call them in the days before the actual day. This got beyond ridiculous for the September 29 day with people trading spots after 5 pm on the night before the actual day. This created an unmanageable nightmare creating the paperwork for licensing of riders for the da,y as MWA (who create the licenses) close for business at 4pm Friday and we have to have the licensing list in to them at least 2 days prior to that so they can produce them.

As a result, the following rules will apply as of right now!

No trades, sales, swaps or giveaways of places/tickets/or whatever you call them, will be accepted or honoured after 12 Midday on the Wednesday before the actual Trakdayz day. All trades, sales, swaps or giveaways must be submitted by email (not Facebook) to: [email protected] no later than 12 Midday on the Wednesday before the actual Trakdayz date and the person filling the place/ticket/etc MUST produce a copy of that email from the previous occupant of that spot to Trakdayz at sign in on the actual Trakdayz day (the person who is vacating the spot emails Trakdayz and CC's the new place holder). If the email is not produced at sign in, the person will not ride.

Anyone discovered on-selling a Trakdayz place/spot/ticket/ etc for more than the website list price of that place/spot/ticket/etc, will be immediately life banned from purchasing any Trakdayz products and attending any Trakdayz days or events.

Thanks and regards

Trakdayz Crew
    Seems as if the trakdayz guys are getting the shits with us lot. so who was it?????
    DERP

Umm around 5 people on the facebook page

Some had binned their ride, some were afraid of the rain.. Most were group 3 funnily enough

Edit: Some were genuine and could not go.. They were giving their spots away!

Comment

I think its a good thing. Nothing worse than trying to get a spot that sells out in 2 min only to have some people just change there mind or better yet try and sell their spot for more than they paid.

Comment

Yeah if someone has binned their shit on a trackday 2 days before I understand trying to either give it away or selling at purchase price. But I also undersytand the frustrations of having stuff organised for a particular person and then having to change everything short notice.

If people are afraid of the rain then they should just make sure they go on the same day as [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION]...

Comment

Originally posted by ADD!CT View Post
          Yeah if someone has binned their shit on a trackday 2 days before I understand trying to either give it away or selling at purchase price. But I also undersytand the frustrations of having stuff organised for a particular person and then having to change everything short notice.

If people are afraid of the rain then they should just make sure they go on the same day as TurboR1...
          like scott52?

wimp
          q
          bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
          -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
          __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

I've suggested a few changes to the way places are allocated but I guess the easiest way is as is.

Maybe Trakdayz need to operate a wait list and any tickets have to be reallocated through them?

Comment

Originally posted by tim the pool man View Post
              I've suggested a few changes to the way places are allocated but I guess the easiest way is as is.

Maybe Trakdayz need to operate a wait list and any tickets have to be reallocated through them?
              It used to be done like that IIRC, but trakdayz just isn't on the ball with contactability (if that's even a word ). Their administrative side of things is pretty lack lustre as it is (or it was as of a few years ago).

Comment

In reality this shouldn't apply to those with licences. it's only the MAWA electronic licence issue. of course it can be worked around by holding a hard copy licence book like we do at DOCWA trackdays.
                one size never fits all
                q
                bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by tim the pool man View Post

What where the changes to the allocations that you suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
                    In reality this shouldn't apply to those with licences. it's only the MAWA electronic licence issue. of course it can be worked around by holding a hard copy licence book like we do at DOCWA trackdays.
                    one size never fits all
                    q
                    That was mentioned in the FB page but apparently Trakdayz need to provide a list of participants to Motorcycling WA before the event. It's a headache for them anyway.

As for the doing two Trackdays close together it is a risk you take. Been there done that. Take it easy on the first day to ensure myself an bike are fit to do the second.

If you take a ski trip and get a 4 day lift ticket then break your leg on the first day you'll have buckley's of getting a refund on your lift pass or accommodation.

If your really that concerned about loosing what you paid for the day then perhaps booking two days together may not be the best idea for you.
                    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

It makes sense what they are doing, they are doing us all a great service and don't deserve to be fucked around as much as they are sometimes.
                      Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                      Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Should be policy to never sell a ticket for money.
                        Swaps only with other bookings if its possible, or returned to the waiting list before the week leading up to the day.

Might weed out the people are rushing to purchase without fully committing rain hail or shine,
                        and (More importantly) stop those that let their booking outweigh their talent and they are in group 3 or 4 way out of their depth which is dangerous for everyone,
                        and the early session crashers.

Trakdayz run a good show, they do their best but they cant wipe our asses.

Comment

it all seems fair enough. i was supprised how many places are resold in the last few days, its all over their facebook.

i thaught it was a joke when somebody was trying to sell a place for $550! guess not. that is fucking rude.

Comment

^ for srs? that's seriously poor form. I hope they got the shit embarrassed out of them. Even if I were desperate for a spot I wouldn't pay $550 for it (not even ever so slightly more than the asking price) - purely because he/she would profit from something they shouldn't.

Comment

Got to agree, We were helping sign people in first thing and there we so many people that had swapped, changed and sold it became unmanageable for the licenses.

As for people buying up "just in case". perhaps they should let the people that want to go get a ticket rather than causing chaos the day before. I also get that shit happens and it is inevitable that someone will need to sell as they can't attend, just not 1/4 of the people.
                              having said that, I already missed the 2nd of November but have already paid someone else for their ticket as they can't go. This person has done the right thing and advised the crew by email well in advance of the license allocations.
                              Perhaps it should be done via the web site and the waiting list can be used.
                              I'm a big fan of the crew as they try to cater for everyone but at times it must be a pain in the arse a couple of days out with everyone swapping names etc.

Cheers all

Comment

Working...
                              X