Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart 6/12

Howdy

Havent seen a thread on this 'track time' so thought id post up...
    Bart i believe stands for barbagello advanced rider training...
    Think a few people went last month, and i heard some good feedback... Akin to what the RAC ARD used to be, with a bit more of track time...

Hoping to be back from site on 6/12 when the next one is on...

Who else is in?
    "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Bart 6/12

Edit. Never mind I found the website. It doesn't really say too much about what's involved.

Hope it's worth the $250. I might book in.
    Last edited by HAGG!S; 13-11-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

From what i understand its being run by the same people who used to do RAC, [MENTION=7160]vale46[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6841]HIHO[/MENTION] i respect them imensly, so ill give it a go...
      For me its more about learning how to ride, rather than just ride fast..,

Comment

I did their first session last month, it is the same guys who used to do the ARD and it was an awesome course.

Highly recommend it to all!
        I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

Almost same as ARD @ RAC, but better.....!!!
          you get a presentation, demonstrations, slamon,braking, counter steering, corner braking, evasive manouvre, (so far -similar) but then we take you up to 'Jacks hill' for a good hour.....(have a look at the small hill climb circuit on Google maps.) It's just up from the main circuit on top of the hill. Very twisty and with great elevation changes. Smaller, nimble bikes love it....= no 'flat chat' straights so it's not too intimidating. It's included so that you can practise all the stuff we've talked about and have fun. We try and run both both directions so you get two circuits for the price of one. We finish with a small barby and feedback....
          ........and you've got 3 very keen and very experienced coaches (Cert IV's/ race coaches and Bike instructors) and its at Barbagallo (!) on the infield.!

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what is the minimum gear required to participate?

Comment

I believe is the usual: helmet, jacket, kevlar jeans, boots and gloves
              MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
              DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
              Cert IV in Training and Assessment
              WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
              WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

Sounds interesting, so what is the website address?

Comment

Originally posted by gpacker View Post
                  Sounds interesting, so what is the website address?
                  BART

Comment

Woho, told the boss to stick it, having that week off, so in! looking forward to it...

Wo else is booked in on the 6th?

Comment

...Me ;-) ahah
                      MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
                      DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
                      Cert IV in Training and Assessment
                      WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
                      WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

Jacks Hill !
                        [IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

And the team...

Comment

Excited camera charged, chain lubed will be on my way shortly!

Comment

How was it?

Comment

Really good!!

It was a smaller than usual group due to a crash the day before and a few people wanting to do it at the same time.
                              Their loss, our gain! :p

Its the sort of training you dont need leathers for, definitely kevlar only (i got a little cooked in my full leathers).
                              The first part of the day was in the classroom running through the rider basics, cornering technique, gear etc.
                              Then it was time to go out on the purpose designed course.
                              Lots of cones, and slow speed control. May sound boring, but most of us forget to do the basics. The cones also arent at the same distance between, so its even more trickier than you first think... Lots of figure 8s, left handed u turn (gsxrs may have a wee bit of an issue with those *whistles*).

Then back yo the classroom for a break... And e stop practice after that... Also braking on corners practice... Which i personally found very useful... The e brake in straight went as fast as 80kmh so really good practice and reminder.
                              While others are having their chats/training you can keep going around the course which i thoroughly recommend.

We then went to the tight jack hills circuit which really is great fun, even on the 600. Up hill corners, down hill corners, baby skyline etc... Lots of corners basically!
                              Good in reverse too !

So, who do i think should do BART?
                              1) new riders... People who have passed their test but dont have much experience. Will show what the bike can do and identify any issues, like cornering, estops etc and give them confidence...
                              2) experienced riders who have just got a new bike. Will help them get more familiar with bike's quirks, cornering abilities, full lock etc.
                              3) riders who have crashed and want to build the confidence up
                              4) returning riders... Ie mid life crisis guys who havent ridden for a few years and have got that new shiny bike... And a sense of self preservation... Definitely great pressie for mum/dad who have just gotten back into riding..

It isnt a racing prep day, its rider training... And a good training session at that! Well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X