Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboR1
    replied
    Yep, unless you are able to push these to the limit you won't notice much difference in performance between the two.

The SC2 will have a larger operating range, with the SC1 only really coming on song in warmer conditions when you really push it.

You'll find pretty much the bulk of the C-grade riders using SC1 fronts and SC2 rears in almost all conditions, with the fast C riders, B and A graders moving to SC1 front and rear.

Leave a comment:

• HPfour
    replied
    Thanks guys, so it seems that's it partially a personal preference based on performance. Based on the that I'm probably going to start with SC1 front and SC2 rear and see how I go, given I'm not chasing tenths of a second (yet). My biggest challenge will be juggling all the paraphernalia on the day and making sure I have the right tyre pressures

Leave a comment:

• OptiC
    replied
    First time out you probably wont notice the difference between the compounds, once you start to get quicker thats when it really matters!

As Pottz has said SC1 SC1 will work.

You know what pressures you are going to run? As you will find that makes a massive difference in tyre wear and handling.

Leave a comment:

• pottz
    replied
    When it's hot we go harder in the front and softer in the rear so I'd suggest sc2 front and sc1 rear.
    Although sc1's all round should work ok too the only drama really is using the sc2 when it's too warm on the rear as you loose a lot of grip

If your not chasing every tenth it won't really matter too much.

Leave a comment:

• HPfour
    started a topic First time on slicks 22/12

First time on slicks 22/12

Hey guys, I'm going to be using slicks for the first time on 22nd (champions) and 28th (mcrcwa) on my track bike and I'm wondering about what compounds to run given its likely it will be 35+ on both days. It was originally suggested SC1 front SC2 but im wondering whether super hot conditions require something different?

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Working...
X