Thinking of racing but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of racing but....

Guys been away from road racing for many years although still doing some supermoto and trail riding. Was up a the historic racing and got that itch again. Question is there any place that hires out track bikes so I could do one track day to see how much I enjoy it before I go fork out for a bike etc etc...? Thanks

champions ride days have cbr600rr to hire

Home - Champion's Ride Days
    Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Comment

Tee-hee, another victim...

Comment

Spoil yourself - Phillip Island:

MEGA - Motorcycling Events Group Australia

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Why not race Supermoto?
          A lot cheaper!

Supermoto WA
          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
          . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
            Spoil yourself - Phillip Island:

MEGA - Motorcycling Events Group Australia

S.
            WHS!!!

Perhaps if you know barbs do one here with Champions first if not head straight for the island. For not much more than $1000 extra ( Hire car, accommodation and slightly hire track fees ) you can say you've ridden one of the most awesome tracks you will ever get the chance to ride. Chances of a crash at PI are considerably less than at Barbs ( unless your really mental or just plain stupid ) and they almost always have 2 or 3 days together so you can make the most of the trip.
            The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
              WHS!!!

Perhaps if you know barbs do one here with Champions first if not head straight for the island. For not much more than $1000 extra ( Hire car, accommodation and slightly hire track fees ) you can say you've ridden one of the most awesome tracks you will ever get the chance to ride. Chances of a crash at PI are considerably less than at Barbs ( unless your really mental or just plain stupid ) and they almost always have 2 or 3 days together so you can make the most of the trip.
              Sorry, noob side question - why are the chances of a crash considerably less at PI, or rather why are they more likely at Barbs?
              1199s, HP4 and a very forgiving wife.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,Rage, rage against the dying of the light."Dylan Thomas

Comment

Heaps more track offline and you will find it almost impossible to go fast enough to need to use it unless your racing or completely fearless.

Barbs your pretty late on brakes into 3 corners to make lap time and makes a lot more potential for cock ups.

Last time I went I think only 2 bikes got bent in two days ( 160 riders a day ). Without having stats I'd reckon an average day at barbs ( all providers lets not argue about that one ) you probably loose 4-6 bikes out of 100 - 130 bikes.
                The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Well I met the tyre wall on t12 so that makes me stupid and fearless then...

Comment

Originally posted by Spina View Post
                    Well I met the tyre wall on t12 so that makes me stupid and fearless then...

Spina.... just fearless mate

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, Shady 7/8 I have been and have raced supermoto for around 12 years and considering a change, will still try and race some events if i do go road racing. Looks like the easiest way is to go with Champions at Barbagello first then take it from there. Not to worried about the track its as good as many in britian and europe. Just want to see how ring rusty I am and if I get that 'feeling' again on a full tarmac track. So all being well hope to see some of you January.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
                        Heaps more track offline and you will find it almost impossible to go fast enough to need to use it unless your racing or completely fearless.
                        I Nearly Highsided T11 on the Hire bikes at PI...

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                          I Nearly Highsided T11 on the Hire bikes at PI...
                          Nearly doesn't count

Yes there is a chance you could crash anywhere. All I can say is for two days I felt a lot further from crashing than every single day at Barbs and the crash rate on the two days would appear to support that. Did not have one session cut short on either day. Have only had a couple of days like that at Barbs.
                          The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

True, barbs is much more hard braking and hard accelerating, which is where things tend to go wrong. PI was much more about being smooth, maintaining proper race lines and the track is generally more 'flowing'. You can slide mid corner and control it as it happens much slower than on the tighter corners at barbs (yep sliding the hire bike!) Barbs if you start the slide you are usually at the place where you are hard on the gas, rather than in a place where you are maintaining throttle position too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch199 View Post
                              Guys been away from road racing for many years although still doing some supermoto and trail riding. Was up a the historic racing and got that itch again. Question is there any place that hires out track bikes so I could do one track day to see how much I enjoy it before I go fork out for a bike etc etc...? Thanks
                              what category did you race and where?
                              DERP

Comment

Working...
                              X