Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

helmet standard for motorplex

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • helmet standard for motorplex

    Hi
    Does Perth motorplex allow the use of helmets with only AS/NZS1698 ??
    there webpage asks for helmets to comply with AS/NZS1698:2006

    None of my helmets purchased in 2013 have this current sticker, So can I use them at the Motorplex??

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by westy74 View Post
    Hi
    Does Perth motorplex allow the use of helmets with only AS/NZS1698 ??
    there webpage asks for helmets to comply with AS/NZS1698:2006

    None of my helmets purchased in 2013 have this current sticker, So can I use them at the Motorplex??

    Thanks
    Can you prove that your helmets comply with AS/NZS 1698:2006?

    A sticker indicates that it does.

    No sticker doesn't indicate that it doesn't, just that it hasn't been sold in Australia. Motorplex have the right to say its not acceptable based solely on the presence of the sticker. It is up to you to decide whether you wish to go, however arguing with them will not help your cause, or even endear yourself to them with any future interactions.
    Sponsored by:

    Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
      Can you prove that your helmets comply with AS/NZS 1698:2006?

      A sticker indicates that it does.

      No sticker doesn't indicate that it doesn't, just that it hasn't been sold in Australia. Motorplex have the right to say its not acceptable based solely on the presence of the sticker. It is up to you to decide whether you wish to go, however arguing with them will not help your cause, or even endear yourself to them with any future interactions.
      All helmets bought From shops here in Perth, NONE have the :2006 part on the sticker.. all 5x of my helmets ( most 2013)
      So, where/how do I get a helmet with this AS/NZS1698:2006 ???

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by westy74 View Post
        All helmets bought From shops here in Perth, NONE have the :2006 part on the sticker.. all 5x of my helmets ( most 2013)
        So, where/how do I get a helmet with this AS/NZS1698:2006 ???
        I'll make a couple of assumptions here. For a helmet to be issued with a sticker after 2006 it would need to comply with AS/NZS 1698:2006. So if you can show that your helmets were found to be compliant after 2006 then they are AS/NZS 1698:2006 compliant even if it doesn’t clearly say so on the sticker. Manufacturing date and batch should be marked in the helmet.
        I think they also accept current Snell helmets if you have one.
        Last edited by AliastheJester; 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          2006 is just the year it was published - as long as the helmets were made / imported / batch tested etc after that year that is the std they will have complied with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
            2006 is just the year it was published - as long as the helmets were made / imported / batch tested etc after that year that is the std they will have complied with.
            Motorplex requires helmets to have a 2006 sticker. Last I heard, No sticker, no run.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi people,

              Just butting in here to help with any confusion - we get asked this stuff all the time - even from the car guys...

              NOTE We are not experts in drag racing rules but we rely on ANDRA publications such as the (see bottom) from July 2013.

              Here's an extract:

              [IMG][/IMG]


              The reference to 2006 is just the year of standard - amended. Stickers may be important but also see labels inside. There are concerns that helmets not be older than 10 years hence the mention of dates etc.



              Please also note / be aware of different requirements depending on how quick your times are.

              SNELL is a US Safety organisation - many premium motorbike helmets have the "M..." certification such as Shoei and Arai. SNELL "S..." Certification relates to cars - / fire rating, hans posts and so-on.

              Full regs should be here - see page 243:





              Cheers

              HH
              Last edited by Helmet House; 04-12-2013, 04:54 PM.



              Come see us for a professional fitting or just to browse at:

              911A Albany Highway, East Victoria Park, Western Australia, 6101
              OPEN 'til 6pm weekdays (8pm Thurs) plus 9-3pm Sat and 9-1pm Sun

              Phone Adam, Natalie or AJ on: (08) 9362 1758

              Email: [email protected]
              Web: www.helmethouse.com.au
              (New Website Never Coming Soon - We thrive on personal service.)


              Join us on Facebook
              www.facebook.com/helmethousewa

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for all the info
                No problems with using a helmet with AS/NZS 1698 at the Motorplex..

                Did a 10.3sec just to top off a GREAT night..

                Comment


                • #9
                  All this helmet BS I hear about at the drags lately means that I just do light to light on the street instead. With my supposedly super dangerous, baby killing non-ANZ complied (supplied to MotoGP riders until the X12 came out) Shoei X11.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X