Sunday 3rd - Round Six

August: Wanneroo
    Sunday 24th - Round Seven

September: Collie
    Saturday 20th - Tuning Day
    Sunday 21st - South West Challenge

October: Collie
    18th/19th - State HRRC Championships 2014

Note: There have been some changes/deletions in race classes with the HCMCWA.
    See link for details: index

Cool ! Although I have never ridden collie it's something I plan to do this year.

Just need my numbers ! I must send off this week
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Other class info isn't up on the website yet,

GENERAL COMMITTEE CHANGES TO CLASSES FOR 2104 SEASON
      RULE 20
      The general committee has decided that Rule 20 as a specific class will not be supported in 2014. Owners
      of bikes that are pre 31 December 1990 and previously raced as Rule 20 should endeavour to have them
      log booked as period 6 historic race bikes and race them in the appropriate period 6 class.
      Owners of bikes previously raced as Rule 20 who choose not to obtain an historic logbook can still enter
      their bikes in the races for modern bikes.
      SPORTSLITES
      The general committee has decided that sportslites as a specific class will not be supported in 2014, so
      the race program will no longer provide races for sportslites. The three practice sessions and races that
      will become available will be used to separate some of the massively over-combined historic classes.
      REGULARITY EVENTS
      Regularity has been suggested for periods 2 and 3 and perhaps period 4 and pre 1972 road bikes, for
      those who don’t want to race but still want to have a spirited ride on their old bike. Bikes being ridden in
      regularity events would not require a log book.
      What is regularity? Well bikes set a lap time in practice and then endeavour to regularly lap at that speed
      and the bike that regularly laps at that speed or the closest to it wins. The chequered flag falls when the
      last bike completes the designated number of laps. No speedos or timing devices allowed on bikes.
      It has been suggested that we trial this type of event at a Saturday tuning day at Collie provided timing
      can be arranged. However before the committee commits to running regularity it is seeking expressions
      of interest from riders interested in competing in this type of event. If you are interested email the
      [email protected]
      MODERN RACE BIKES AT HCMC RACE MEETINGS
      As we all know the number of bikes allowed to start a race (bikes on the starting grid) is controlled by the
      track licence issued by MA. The number of bikes allowed on the start grid at Collie is slightly less than
      at Wanneroo.
      The point here is that at least on one occasion recently we were only a couple of bikes short of the maximum
      number of bikes allowed on the starting grid. In the event that we receive more entries than positions on
      the start grid it will be necessary to either decline entries or allocate grid positions based on qualifying times.
      Riders should ensure that they read the 2014 Supplementary Regulations to find out which method of grid
      number management will be adopted.

Comment

What's the current situation with the Moderns?

I raced in the Moderns class in 2011 and 2012 but sat it out this year as I decided it was too dangerous. We ended up with everything thrown in together ... 125 GP's, 250GP's, Motards, Moto3, 250 Production and sports bikes from 400cc to 1000cc and riders from 15 to 60 and everything in between. It was often chaos after a several laps and the differences in closing speeds, cornering lines and braking made it too risky for my liking.

I'm will sit it out again if that's still the situation. Our sport is dangerous and is about managing risks and using risk mitigation strategies. We must not fall into the flawed logic trap, that because the sport is dangerous in the first place it doesn't matter if we make it more dangerous ... which is the direction the Moderns was going in when it become almost an anything goes class. I'm not saying the HCMCC were deliberately trying to make it more dangerous. It's just that it did become more dangerous in my view because of the anything goes entry list.
        I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
        2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

The way that it was run this year was, Moderns and thunderbikes with 125gp starting 10secconds behind as a staggered start, worked well imo, there was often a 125 to lap but the blue flag was used well and it was rarely an issue.

Next season should be good lots of rounds lots of riding and fingers crossed for no clashes with the mcrc!
          Bring on the Collie TT

Comment

Probably a stupid question but what is the collie TT?

Comment

Like the isle of mann with stonehenges drains and white lines

In no way at all... one can only dream!
              Its an event which has happened for the past few years and usually draws a good crowd and provides some good racing

Comment

That's a lot of dates! Better not get too fat over summer.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

lots of racing !!and its gunna be hard to top the season just gone but ya got to be in it to win it and good mix of the two tracks looking forward to getting some more laps of barbs on the motoplast Suzuki !!!!

Comment

Looks like i picked the right time to buy an RGV then, 9 events in the season, 2 tracks, bloody awesome, just need to get my membership and race license sorted oh and probably a log book by the look of it. talk about busting with excitement.

Comment

Pencil me in to Flag for you guys at Wanneroo (I live in the next suburb) and maybe Collie if I can score a Lift
                      Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by twiz View Post
                        The way that it was run this year was, Moderns and thunderbikes with 125gp starting 10secconds behind as a staggered start, worked well imo, there was often a 125 to lap but the blue flag was used well and it was rarely an issue.

Next season should be good lots of rounds lots of riding and fingers crossed for no clashes with the mcrc!
                        Bring on the Collie TT
                        Twiz that sounds like a more sensible approach. What about Motards and 250GP's ... were they still in the mix?
                        I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                        2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Originally posted by Scott52 View Post
                          Twiz that sounds like a more sensible approach. What about Motards and 250GP's ... were they still in the mix?
                          Wasnt many out this year to be honest. Can only think of a couple of occasions and the 250 gps cleared off

Comment

It's curtains for the motards, Scott. Their interest and support, always cyclical, dwindled as it has previously and in spite of repeated prompting from the Collie circuit manager, they failed to display any interest in repairing/maintaining/reviving their infield track layout down there, so that will be bulldozed as well. They seem to be operating after a fashion at Midvale and Wanneroo but they failed to attend the Midvale track inspection and certainly didn't comply with the requirements of their track licence so they really need to start operating in something resembling a responsible and sincere manner or they will crumble again as they have in several previous guises.

Comment

I realise that the HCMC objectives are to cater for older racing motor cycles in Western Australia and to promote historic motor sport,
                              but its curtains for everyone on a Rule 20 and the end of Sportslights

The 125,250GP/ Modern 250 production/ Supermoto/ Rule 20/ Supersport/ Superbike race sounds like a clusterfuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X