Michelin road/track tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin road/track tyres

Looks like I can't get a new power pure for the cbr rear and the option is a power super sport.
    Anyone used these? My bike does 90% of its miles on the road.

Wouldnt pilot power 2 or 3 be a better option?
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I have the Super Sports on the SXV...

Two thumbs up from me and I'll be going back for more...

Very confidence inspiring tyre...

Grips long and hard with plenty of warning that you are coming to the limit...

Comment

My bike does 90% of its miles on the road.
        Pilot Power 3 is the replacement for Power Pures

Comment

Seriously Michelin need to get a new tyre naming person. Pilot pure, power pure, pilot power, pure pilot penis power, WTF?
          Last edited by Tim the PM; 02-01-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Power 3s are good.

If you do less than 10,000km / year or so (i.e., you're replacing tyres less often than once a year), maybe consider something stickier.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

So the power pures have been updated? Just picked one up for $60 only done 1000Ks.

Comment

Yep apparently power pures are no more.
                The pilot power seems to be about half the price of the super sport?

Comment

The Pilot Power 3 is priced similar to the Pures (which they replace).
                  The Supersport is grippier and more track oriented.

edit: I've used the Pures (a few years ago)...I've not used the others.

Michelin Race Tire Overview from SportbikeTrackGear.com - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYJIFcO2l0

Comment

Supersports are the shit! Fkn love them as a road tyre! Quick warm up, reasonable feel and grip in the cold (unlike pures, ggrrrr), very similar to the bridgestone r10. Much like. Also, the cup versions are quite good on the road and as sticky as supercorsa sc's on track.
                    yes, i am ignorant
                    yes, i am a prick
                    no, i don't care
                    you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                      Supersports are the shit! Fkn love them as a road tyre! Quick warm up, reasonable feel and grip in the cold (unlike pures, ggrrrr), very similar to the bridgestone r10. Much like. Also, the cup versions are quite good on the road and as sticky as supercorsa sc's on track.
                      So I went to the Michelin website, apparently the Power Supersport is not compatible with 2005+ R6???

Anyone has some experience with tread life on these? (road usage)
                      look where you want to go~

Comment

Yeah, get an easy 4000km out of them on the road if you don't just freeway commute.
                        yes, i am ignorant
                        yes, i am a prick
                        no, i don't care
                        you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                          Yeah, get an easy 4000km out of them on the road if you don't just freeway commute.
                          There's a brand new Bridgestone RS10 available for litre bikes (190/55 or 200/55 rear only i think) - supposedly a little more road biased version of it.

Was going to get some for the 600 but press release only shows 190 or 200 rear.

I'll confirm with Pete about them tomorrow at T4B (getting some more S20s on the blade). He has them available.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

200/55 hmmmmm

Comment

Dropped into t4b for new tyres on the 1000, pete confirmed RS10s are available in 180/55.

Will chuck some on the 600 next fortnight (PP3 on the 1000 this time).

Comment

Working...
                              X