Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QSTARZ LT-Q6000 Lap Timer - help needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QSTARZ LT-Q6000 Lap Timer - help needed

    Does anyone out there use one of these that is willing to give me a run down on exporting the data to the Q Racing software?

    I can see the data files on the unit in the history menu. All files have data and lap times. When trying to transfer to the computer the file names come across but there is no data attached. The tutorial videos and user manual is not much help.

    Any help appreciated.

    Cheers
    DD
    Last edited by dane_dude; 06-01-2014, 08:00 PM.

  • #2
    did you choose - circuit racing "qualify"?
    DERP

    Comment


    • #3
      Over an hour period I used all the circuit racing choices with the same result. Bit frustrating as I can see the data on the lap timer. I know I am doing something wrong but the destructions don't help much.

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you turn it on while connected to your computer?
        “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

        Comment


        • #5
          set it to 1hz for transfer, it seems to work better.

          connect to compuiter once software is started and unit turned on, this should start the automatic download.

          We can try it on my laptop as most of the ones that have had issues have been with either the USB drivers on the laptop or device drivers loaded from Qstars not being the latedt ones.
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

          Comment


          • #6
            [MENTION=9516]dane_dude[/MENTION] Make sure the unit is turned off. Start up the software on your pc/laptop, when theat has loaded, plug the usb cable in to laptop and qstarz unit, do not turn q starz on, let it connect. qstarz screen will light up with usb access mode. You should then get a screen pop up on qracing that says read log from gps, click yes. A screen will then pop up, please choose a type, I always select circuit race/sprint, on qstarz because thats what we are doing, you will have laptimes all over the place if thats what you selected on the day, so pick one from the list that you know there are lap times in. click ok. A list will come up of all the times stored in that section, click in the check boxes beside the ones you want to transfer across. Click OK. Once that has done, disconnect qstarz, on the left side of the qracing screen, below analysis, you should see circuit racing, with a number in brackets beside it, thats the number of sessions you have stored, below that is a list of the types of sessions, qualify, sprint etc that have sessions stored in them (if they also have a number in brackets beside them, something is stored in there) click on circuit race, will bring up a list of all the sessions you have stored on the main screen. Select one of those sessions by clicking once on it, then hit the analysis button, this will bring up a screen showing the breakdowns of the lap times. If you then click the track button, it will show you the layout of the track and the the fastest lap you did that session. If you want to overlay another lap from that session, look at the screen above the track map, you will see an orange block with no lap selected beside it, click the drop down arrow and select another lap from the session, that will automatically overlay on the first lap that was in there for comparison. When you get a few different days stored in there, you can click the comparison button, that lets you select sessions from other days or other sessions from same day and over lay up to 3 different laps from 3 different sessions to compare. Hope this helps. Ps, not proof reading, any missed words, try and fill in the blanks haha

            Comment


            • #7
              try a paragraph Sean lol
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

              Comment


              • #8
                I thought of that, but i wanted to appear younger than I am. Next time i will leave out punctuation as well, and mention desmo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                  set it to 1hz for transfer, it seems to work better.

                  connect to compuiter once software is started and unit turned on, this should start the automatic download.

                  We can try it on my laptop as most of the ones that have had issues have been with either the USB drivers on the laptop or device drivers loaded from Qstars not being the latedt ones.
                  Thanks Glen

                  Will try [MENTION=5760]Sean'o[/MENTION] block of instruction and if that doesn't work we can try it on the laptop. I have updated all the drivers from the web site so not sure where to find newer ones.. Laptop does automata updates so not sure whet I need for that.

                  Cheers
                  Rod

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                    dane_dude Make sure the unit is turned off. Start up the software on your pc/laptop, when theat has loaded, plug the usb cable in to laptop and qstarz unit, do not turn q starz on, let it connect. qstarz screen will light up with usb access mode. You should then get a screen pop up on qracing that says read log from gps, click yes. A screen will then pop up, please choose a type, I always select circuit race/sprint, on qstarz because thats what we are doing, you will have laptimes all over the place if thats what you selected on the day, so pick one from the list that you know there are lap times in. click ok. A list will come up of all the times stored in that section, click in the check boxes beside the ones you want to transfer across. Click OK. Once that has done, disconnect qstarz, on the left side of the qracing screen, below analysis, you should see circuit racing, with a number in brackets beside it, thats the number of sessions you have stored, below that is a list of the types of sessions, qualify, sprint etc that have sessions stored in them (if they also have a number in brackets beside them, something is stored in there) click on circuit race, will bring up a list of all the sessions you have stored on the main screen. Select one of those sessions by clicking once on it, then hit the analysis button, this will bring up a screen showing the breakdowns of the lap times. If you then click the track button, it will show you the layout of the track and the the fastest lap you did that session. If you want to overlay another lap from that session, look at the screen above the track map, you will see an orange block with no lap selected beside it, click the drop down arrow and select another lap from the session, that will automatically overlay on the first lap that was in there for comparison. When you get a few different days stored in there, you can click the comparison button, that lets you select sessions from other days or other sessions from same day and over lay up to 3 different laps from 3 different sessions to compare. Hope this helps. Ps, not proof reading, any missed words, try and fill in the blanks haha
                    [MENTION=5760]Sean'o[/MENTION], thanks mate. Will try what you have suggested although it is very close to what I have been doing. I'm getting the stored number of sessions but no data. Will try again.

                    cheers

                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    Did you turn it on while connected to your computer?

                    First time No, after that I did try turning it on to see if that worked.

                    Cheers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I had problems with mine when i first got it, had to set the security setting to low, then it all worked ok.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                        I had problems with mine when i first got it, had to wait till I was sober had to set the security setting to low, then it all worked ok.
                        Fixed that for you haha
                        “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sorry for the thread revival, but i have bought a 2nd hand BTq1000ex and am unable to get any of the software/driver downloads from their site to open on my laptop to run it??
                          I have windows 7 on my laptop but can only get the user manual to download, i have tried them all from the qstarz site to suit the above unit..
                          Also will i need the units pin/id?
                          Any help appreciated. Cheers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here we are again.

                            I have data which I can see giving sessions, lap times etc.

                            However I do not have a aus-bar.bcn file to import Barbs into the QRacing software.

                            Yes, I have downloaded the RAR file from QStarz which only contains the .bin file (all other Aust circuits have both types but not Barbs).

                            Anyone got the .bcn version they can email me please.

                            PM and I will provide email details.

                            Cheers

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X