HM Quickshifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM Quickshifters

I have an S1000rr with OEM quickshifter currently, I find it is quite hard to change and have heard this is problem with them. Im looking at changing it out with a HM quickshifter as I have heard these are much more friendly on the left foot!!
    Any of you guys using them all the time have any thoughts or know of any faults or any other brand out there?
    I have heard on the S1000rr the HM kills the fuel side and not the spark as the OEM one does are there any advantages /disadvantages with this?
    No road to rough no muff to tough.

From what I hear, the ignition kill is much friendlier on the engine, with no excess fuel burns that can come from a fuel cut.

The HM ones cost $600ish? You can get the Power-commander version for about $530 (ignition QSM module + sensor) or the Annitori version for $330USD - however I am not sure if you can adjust the cut out time on either.

If you want a powercommander anyway, you can get the PCV + Quickshift module + Sensor for $645 (fuel cut)
    Or if you want more adjustability get the PCV + Secondary fuel module + Sensor for about $770 (fuel cut)
    (all prices from Sport bike track gear or Powercommander.com (cant remember which - I am looking at my wish list) in USD - postage will also need to be added)

With a PCV you will also want to add tuning to the price from a local place.

Edit: Also Bazzaz make them, but they are a bit more expensive from memory.
    Last edited by out_in_front; 17-01-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

If you want to have on fitted and tuned, approach a local dyno first, you will be surprised how competitive the total cost will.

If you turn up with gear bought overseas, don't be surprised when it can't be tuned here.
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I have one that was localy fitted to my s1000r that you can try see if you likeit. I do not realy want it now I do not use the s100 on the track, make me an offer if you like it.
        sigpic

Comment

I had one on mine but the real issue was the Gear selector spring ,fitted a Pro Spring and chain tension needs to be correct
          Have removed it and using the factory one without any issues for a while

Comment

Is this the factory pro spring, where am I able to get these from and do you need the dealer to fit?
            Originally posted by thugsfatboy464 View Post
            I had one on mine but the real issue was the Gear selector spring ,fitted a Pro Spring and chain tension needs to be correct
            Have removed it and using the factory one without any issues for a while

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit View Post
              I have one that was localy fitted to my s1000r that you can try see if you likeit. I do not realy want it now I do not use the s100 on the track, make me an offer if you like it.
              Cheers Rabbit, do you think it made any difference? I may have a problem with the shift spring as thugsfatboy464 did with his. I might try that first then if no luck try a different quickshift set up.

Comment

Working...
              X