Jan 19th Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 19th Champions

Can't find a thread so here one is for the inevitable tall tails from tomorrow.

Tomorrows mission for me. Try out a gearing change. Gone up 2 more teeth on the rear ( -1+4 ) to try get a little better drive out of turn 7 and the basin and move 6th gear shift point back up to the top of the hill so its not an early shift to keep the front planted.

Dam its going to be hot Fingers oh so crossed Potts you got all the right bits at bunnings this afternoon for the secret weapon

Don't forget that snail on the block of wood rabbit. I'll be chasing
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Jan 19th Champions

Well that was a good day. Didn't do a lot of laps ( cos it was just so dam hot ) but gearing change was a huge win and had fun playing with [MENTION=7912]pottz[/MENTION] & [MENTION=6151]rabbit[/MENTION]

[MENTION=7912]pottz[/MENTION] was kind enough to provide thiswith built in misting spray so at least it was rather a lot more comfortable in the pit bay than anywhere else.

Big win for the day though was bringing myself and the gixxer home in one bit ready to go to Eastern Creek and Phillip Island in 6 weeks time. Man it's going to be a long 6 weeks.

Good to see you out and about [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION]. Just a shame you weren't cooking with the rest of us
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Yeah good day, great to get out after a little time off had fun just cruising around sedately and getting the feel for it again.

Found a leaking valve on the same front wheel and tyre that I crashed on last time. Didn't think to check the pressure after I crashed but that could possibly go some way to explaining why I randomly lost the front mid corner if it was leaking and lost pressure. No way of really knowing if that was the cause but maybe. Moral of the story check your shit then double check it.

Was a bit warm on track but hey it's summer. That Fan was a lifesaver and made a huge difference in between sessions.
      Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

Super big thanks Potts for getting me (reluctently ) to try your bike. Your bike is very nicely set up.

and even bigger thanks for helping with the suspension set up so #666 handled a bit more like #68
        sigpic

Comment

easky , lots of ice
          A face washer , life saver .
          Yes i caved and did a champions , track time is hard to get .
          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit View Post
            Super big thanks Potts for getting me (reluctently ) to try your bike. Your bike is very nicely set up.

and even bigger thanks for helping with the suspension set up so #666 handled a bit more like #68
            HEHE. He went back to #205 after a brief but unsuccessful flirtation with #68. Guess it didn't help he didn't crack the whip on the painter to put the numbers on when he finished

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by shan View Post
            easky , lots of ice
            A face washer , life saver .
            Yes i caved and did a champions , track time is hard to get .
            Be a slut ride them all. Can't be picky when your week about ( or shudder to think longer )
            The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Rabbit I'm not sure what to say about how your bike was but...... Wow.
              I'm usually a fan of 'just ride the hell out of it' but anyone who says don't worry about adjusting the suspension should ride those two bikes of identical model side by side and they will think again.

Check what disk is stuffed, I have a good second hand right one if that's the side but it may be worth a new set if you want. But please fix that before you go out again, we don't want to see them fail on you. Not to mention you will actually be able to use them!!

Your suspension should be hopefully at least in the ballpark now, have a play with front preload. Go a turn or two either way and see what you like. The rest I imagine shouldn't be too bad for a while. If it's doing anything you don't like tell me and I'll help if I can. I warn you I don't know a lot though and there are surely people better at it than me.

Comment

Well I had a pretty good day. Was my first time back on the track in about 5 months so took a session or two to blow the cobwebs out. Managed to nudge the PB down again by a fraction by the end of the day too.

My shift lever gave me troubles though. The hinge bolt unscrewed itself 2 laps into the second session, went to grab 4th into turn 2 and got nothing but fresh air. Luckily the bolt stayed in the lever and I was able to screw it all back together. Third session I wasn't so lucky, even though I'd torqued it up as much as I could, the same bolt unscrewed itself again 6 or 7 laps in, this time I looked down just in time to see the bolt slip out and go skittering into the dirt.

Fortunately the gent pitted next to me had a matching bolt and nut I was able to use as a locking nut, that fixed it properly. If you're on here, thank you again good sir!

Comment

I had some fun out there is the yellow group. It was fun trying some new lines into all the corners. Sorry if i surprised anyone when entering the corners from the outside, but i don't believe i took anyones line in the process.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                    I had some fun out there is the yellow group. It was fun trying some new lines into all the corners. Sorry if i surprised anyone when entering the corners from the outside, but i don't believe i took anyones line in the process.
                    had a great morning out there feeling much more in tune with the bike for once and new boots meant that I can walk today

and as usual nothing like feeling like you're going OK till [MENTION=4980]Arwon[/MENTION] smokes you everywhere on the track ^_^

and thanks for the advice on the brakes but used the other bit of advice you'd given me which was just use em less to go quicker
                    Last edited by wheresmybadger; 20-01-2014, 04:01 PM.
                    Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Comment

You pulled a great move on me Arwon. 2nd or 3rd session? T4 I planned to go round the outside of a bike who then ran wide, whilst I was stuck outside wondering what he was doing and being a little cautious ZOOM up the inside of both of us you went. It was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                        No chance of that. You check out so quick every time you go past that you could stop for a Muzz Buzz and still not take my line on the next corner
                        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pottz View Post
                          You pulled a great move on me Arwon. 2nd or 3rd session? T4 I planned to go round the outside of a bike who then ran wide, whilst I was stuck outside wondering what he was doing and being a little cautious ZOOM up the inside of both of us you went. It was pretty cool.
                          I was going to go around you but we were both getting hung out to dry so I lifted and shot underneath. Felt pretty cool actually

Comment

Was good to see the bikes go around... Still get the itch to want to be out there so that's good.
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                              Was good to see the bikes go around... Still get the itch to want to be out there so that's good.
                              Was great to see you up there mate

Comment

Working...
                              X