#66's eastern adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #66's eastern adventures

Most of you know me from my racing exploits in WA, many of you I have ridden with on the streets, and some I have only met as an online persona, but however you may know me, this thread can be a place for you to keep to date with my racing, now that I am based in Victoria.

This year, I will be riding a Yamaha R6.
    The rules I will be racing under do not allow for the same level of modification to the bikes, as some might expect. Between the air filter, and the exhaust, must remain standard. Full system exhausts are ok, but can not be titanium. Rear shocks can be valved and sprung, but not changed for another brand. Fork Cartridges are allowed. Fuel control units, such as power commanders or bazzaz units, are allowed. On top of this, the usual bars, leavers, pegs etc can also be changed.

I still need to get the suspension set up to suit me, and sort out a few minor things, but this is how the bike stands, yet to be painted for 2014.

The bike will be raced in the Australasian superbike championship, in the Supersport class. Many of you will know this as "Formula Xtreme", and it is indeed the same series, with one championship running on Saturday's races, and one championship based around Sunday's races. A total of 6 races each weekend.

On top of these, I will be competing in the Australian support races for the WSBK round at Phillip island, the Barry Sheene festival of speed held at Eastern creek aboard the '72 Triumph trident I rode to a race win at last years historic nationals, and there may even be further events I end up racing. I would like to be at the MotoGP support races, and a return to WA to ride the Kings of Wanneroo would be fantastic.

In here, i will endeavour to put up links, videos, results, pictures, and just some general chit chat on how things are going for me this year.
    Don't be afraid to leave a comment, ask a question, or do whatever you feel like.

(formerly, 96, aka Aaiden Coote)
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

I rode the bike for the first time for only 4 session, at Broadford raceway, last weekend.
    Old tyres, old brakes, and very soft suspension, so I didn't expect much in the way of times, none the less, the bike felt strong, and very tight.

This coming weekend I will get my first attempt at Phillip island, for the Australian support races at the WSBK event.
    I'll have new tires, new brake pads and fluid, and hope to have the suspension at the very least sprung, but may even have new cartridges to run.

Again on a new track, I cant expect miracles, but hope to see a constant improvement over the weekend.
    I have my goals, and will be aiming for those, but I think any result will see me grinning.

That's all for now, ill update as things unfold.

The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Good luck, we'll be following with interest!
      1199s, HP4 and a very forgiving wife.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,Rage, rage against the dying of the light."Dylan Thomas

Comment

You'll have an awesome time over there! Enjoy!
        SP RACINGis supported by:
        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Good luck this year mate ! Will be keeping a keen eye on things.

Comment

Good luck mate.. Wish you all the best

Comment

Good luck Aaiden...

You've got the skills and a smart head on your shoulders...

Use them and you will go far...

Comment

Go for it!!!
                "Offerings to the god of speed"

Comment

Good luck, have fun!

Comment

Yep good luck Aiden. Sad to see 96 go but small sacrifice to be racing on all the awesome tracks your going to get to.
                    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

All the best for the season. Go get 'em.

Cheers
                      Rod and Sam

Comment

Good luck, will keep an eye out for your results.

Comment

Subscribed.

Best of luck mate. Keep the updates coming.
                          Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Do us (and of course, yourself) proud :aus-salute:

Comment

Originally posted by [URL=http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=66
                              #66[/URL]3019432]I rode the bike for the first time for only 4 session, at Broadford raceway, last weekend.
                              Old tyres, old brakes, and very soft suspension, so I didn't expect much in the way of times, none the less, the bike felt strong, and very tight.

This coming weekend I will get my first attempt at Phillip island, for the Australian support races at the WSBK event.
                              I'll have new tires, new brake pads and fluid, and hope to have the suspension at the very least sprung, but may even have new cartridges to run.

Again on a new track, I cant expect miracles, but hope to see a constant improvement over the weekend.
                              I have my goals, and will be aiming for those, but I think any result will see me grinning.

That's all for now, ill update as things unfold.

Hey, if running supercorsas at pi be VERY careful of delamination. Remember that pic you posted of Masons tyre? I had two rears do similar wear, without heat build up and only 3 sessions on one. Only when I got home did I notice the "tear" is infact the tread seperating from the carcus. Nasty. Awesome track, so smoothe now and unbelievable grip. Let us know your apex speeds for t1 :-D
                              yes, i am ignorant
                              yes, i am a prick
                              no, i don't care
                              you make me sick

Comment

Working...
                              X