No announcement yet.

MA Track Guidelines Document ... Run Off Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit I am curious to this 'latest software'. Would be interesting to know what it is and have a play! Probably something bespoke though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott52 View Post
      The straight ahead run off distances calculated appear to be about right.
      With Calcs, Bullsh%t in equals bullsh$t out...If I understood your post you are saying some walls are far enough away even though deaths have happened on those corners?

Theory may say its okay (base on the guidelines) but clearly its not and the guidelines should be updated to increase the distances the walls need to be from the track.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
        With Calcs, Bullsh%t in equals bullsh$t out...If I understood your post you are saying some walls are far enough away even though deaths have happened on those corners?

Theory may say its okay (base on the guidelines) but clearly its not and the guidelines should be updated to increase the distances the walls need to be from the track.
        You'll have much higher chance of success arguing that something doesn't meet the guidelines it should than arguing that the guidelines are inadequate.
        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post

I'm sorry you've misread and maybe I didn't articulate very well.

The calculated straight ahead run off distances show the distances are inadequate and deaths have occurred in those corners. The calculated run offs at the exit of turn 1 are inadequate and death and injury have occurred.

The formula is outdated but even that shows run off is inadequate if you check the white lines on the attached drawing. The consultant who's likely to undertake the safety review has developed in house software built from scratch with the basic physics formulae. He said it's been shown to be better than the outdated formula.
          I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
          2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
            I have to admit I am curious to this 'latest software'. Would be interesting to know what it is and have a play! Probably something bespoke though.
            I spoke with Chris Hall about the software they use. You guessed correctly. They developed their own in house software using a little known discipline called PHYSICS!

It sounded pretty good to me as it's been tested in real life situations and gives decent results.
            I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
            2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Hi Scott, I see the death toll...there has also been catastrophic injuries sustained at this track..

I am not assuming that they have , in turn been added to the costs of repatriation..as it should be. I am , in no way. cheapening your ...and others loss of loved ones.

Non life threatening injuries are also a matter for concern. As all may have been prevented or at least have had reduced recovery times due to only being hit/come into contact with ground/bike/other riders.

I am certain the way forward is to have ongoing track improvement. At all and any track that is deficient for the new higher speed vehicles available for race/recreation.

The Government has implemented a new fee in registration..$99 in fact for repatriation/lifelong care for massively injured drivers.

It can't be that hard to see that the increase in permanent injury is on the Fed Gov. agenda. as well.? As the WA implementation... is only a step away from the eastern states new policies.

My question is aside to this... Is there an already existing road safety "slush fund".? If so why is it not being spent to improve the safety of all road/recreation area users.? ( not just vehicle users...)

I have many more questions ... yet I don't wish to get too far from the OP.

I commend your persistence..and hope the near future will be a reflection of your hard work.
              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Working...
              X