Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Bryan O'Hara. Father of Mountain Thunder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Bryan O'Hara. Father of Mountain Thunder.

Here's some stuff I've brought in from elsewhere I hope it travels well. I never met Bryan but he was a very good friend of a friend of mine

Originally posted by munch View Post
    My old friend and possibly the youngest 86 year old I have ever had the pleasure to meet, become friends and race against passed away last night. Bryan O'Hara will be sadly missed by all that have had the pleasure to have known him.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100098...7651773944642/
    Bryan was the man that came up with the idea for the Methven 'Mountain Thunder', Street Race in his home town. If not for Bryan 's idea hitting a brick wall from our club committee, I would not have hijacked the committee and club and made some big changes and the subsequent waves of reaction. He certainly had a large part in where the next seven years of my life went. He was no slug on his BSA, when he could get it jetted right or whatever the classic plague was for the day. A year back he dropped his Yamaha and bloody nearly took all the skin off his forearm, sleeved by the arm of his leathers. Before he got back to his own pits he walked around the whole pits , apologising for dropping fluid on the track. I rang him later that evening to see how he was, and at about 80 then I was a bit concerned.

"Good as gold, thanks.", was his cherry reply, "thanks for ringing"

This was his vision for the race and he got what he wanted. This clip is of a good mates son, Dan, who is a fast boy in NZ. Very fast around our little Methven track

Then we have a video from munch's bike at Methven.

An R1 makes even big tracks tight, I wasn't too keen on just any bunny with a liter race bike turning up so we have an invite only rule for that class. Cool track for our smaller machines though. Like my CB350F...

Sorry about the music but my mic on my camera broke when it fell off with the rider at a previous street race

See next post for this video
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

This is the next video.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Comment

Working...
    X