Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCRCWA 2019 Calendar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MCRCWA 2019 Calendar

    Signing up for my membership, found this - from couple days ago : https://mcrcwa.com.au/cms/index.php/...19-provisional
    Back to Barbs!

    [MENTION=6799]BlackFZR[/MENTION] - confirmed?

    I'm gonna be broke again ....

    (figured it new-thread worthy, as all the others are clusterfucks)

  • #2
    Back to Barbs and Collie Long track. Two new track records up for grabs

    New membership prices this year as well, $100 competitive membership and all others are $25!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd like to attend a ride day for Level 1 training. Excuse my naivety but what are the costs involved for this assuming I have gear ?
      Do I need MA membership (besides supporting our local crowd) or just the recreational track license for the day? MCRCWA mentions RideDays discount - is this worthwhile?

      Please edumacate me

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tron View Post
        I'd like to attend a ride day for Level 1 training. Excuse my naivety but what are the costs involved for this assuming I have gear ?
        Do I need MA membership (besides supporting our local crowd) or just the recreational track license for the day? MCRCWA mentions RideDays discount - is this worthwhile?

        Please edumacate me
        You pick a track, find a provider.

        Rough cost is ~$250

        They'll include a one day license if required.

        Prep your bike.

        Check things like brake pads and tyres. Lube your chain.



        Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you do a number of days, it works out cheaper to get a MA recreational licence ($125?), and sign up for MCRCWA membership ($100)
          I think if you do 4 its worth the saving when you include the member discount, and no need for day licence

          Comment


          • #6
            Costs for member track days are due to be released soon, previously, they were $180-$200 (from memory). I imagine when they are released they will be similar, assuming the track hire contracts/costs don't change.

            For Member track days, if you aren't competing, you only need to be a member of MCRCWA (minimum of an associate membership at $25). If you would like to compete, you would need both an MCRCWA Competitive membership ($100) and the MA competition licence.

            For just the non-competitive track days, a day licence for MA coverage is usually included.

            RideDaysWA, which is only at Collie for the time being, is fully open to the public.

            As part of MCRC membership, members will have access to the same great coaching program at track that RideDaysWA used.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tron View Post
              I'd like to attend a ride day for Level 1 training. Excuse my naivety but what are the costs involved for this assuming I have gear ?
              Do I need MA membership (besides supporting our local crowd) or just the recreational track license for the day? MCRCWA mentions RideDays discount - is this worthwhile?

              Please edumacate me


              Good question +1 for the same info and also what riding is required ?
              Born to ride forced to work

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for this.
                Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                Costs for member track days are due to be released soon, previously, they were $180-$200 (from memory). I imagine when they are released they will be similar, assuming the track hire contracts/costs don't change.

                For Member track days, if you aren't competing, you only need to be a member of MCRCWA (minimum of an associate membership at $25). If you would like to compete, you would need both an MCRCWA Competitive membership ($100) and the MA competition licence.

                For just the non-competitive track days, a day licence for MA coverage is usually included.

                RideDaysWA, which is only at Collie for the time being, is fully open to the public.

                As part of MCRC membership, members will have access to the same great coaching program at track that RideDaysWA used.

                Comment


                • #9
                  [MENTION=56850]Tron[/MENTION] no worries

                  [MENTION=77603]CbrRider81[/MENTION] Did you have any specific questions I can answer? Member track days are open to all skill levels and the clubs coaching program caters to all level members too, not just racers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re great coaching program that RideDaysWA use...
                    You mean as a MCRCWA associate member ($25) this waives the 'day license' for a non-competing track day which also provides a better rate for RideDaysWA specific training..of course, excluding other programs by which I think you mean Championz etc?

                    Sorry just getting my head around this. I'm pretty much there haha

                    And yes i know, i just have to choose one and do it

                    Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                    [MENTION=56850]Tron[/MENTION] no worries

                    [MENTION=77603]CbrRider81[/MENTION] Did you have any specific questions I can answer? Member track days are open to all skill levels and the clubs coaching program caters to all level members too, not just racers.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Day licence is a Motorcycling Australia thing, essentially covering you to a limited extent whilst out on track and it is required for each event. The only way around this is to get a yearly licence from MA/MWA (can be competitive or recreational).

                      MCRC and RideDaysWA are essentially one and the same, I'm not sure what has been arranged regarding member discounts for track days (since we can no longer offer track days to the public, so everyone has to be a member to ride anyway).

                      Trakdayz and champions are separate to MCRC/RideDaysWA. All of whom adhere to Motorcycling Australia requirements when running days.

                      If I were to do 1-2 member track days with MCRC this year, I would:
                      1) Join MCRC as an associate member
                      2) Pay for the events as I book them in, which would include the MA/MWA day licence in the cost.

                      If I were to do all 5 member track days with MCRC this year, I would:
                      1) Join MCRC as an associate member,
                      2) Purchase a recreational licence from MA/MWA
                      3) Pay for the events as I book them, which, in the past, has been the cost of a day licence cheaper than the 'ticket' price.

                      If I was intending to race or work towards racing this year (15 events, of those 7 are races), I would:
                      1) Join MCRC as an competitive member,
                      2) Purchase a recreational licence from MA/MWA (which can then be upgraded to a competitive licence when you start racing)
                      3) Pay for the events as I book them. Different events would have different costs (i.e. Tuning/Racing/MemberDays), again, in the past, discounts have applied (i.e. minus day licence cost, as you would already have it from point 2).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                        [MENTION=56850]Tron[/MENTION] no worries

                        [MENTION=77603]CbrRider81[/MENTION] Did you have any specific questions I can answer? Member track days are open to all skill levels and the clubs coaching program caters to all level members too, not just racers.

                        Well you just answered most of them. I like the coaching side of things as I would love to hone in the skills I’ve learnt and learn some more. What is the minimal riding gear is required to do a track day as I don’t have much atm just a helmet and a jacket is all I have and work boots. I’m pretty sure that won’t cut it on the track. Thank you for the info to
                        Born to ride forced to work

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Minimum requirements for most groups are leathers, full size boots and gloves (gauntlet style). MCRC has some gear that can be hired and there was another compnay in Vic park (I think) that hires gear too.

                          The First level could get away with kevlar jeans in the past and a leather jacket, which may change in the future (just a general shift towards making it a bit safer for everyone). That said, hire of or lending gear is fairly easy too when we can all ask around etc. Many racers and members have spares etc and like seeing new people out there too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                            Minimum requirements for most groups are leathers, full size boots and gloves (gauntlet style). MCRC has some gear that can be hired and there was another compnay in Vic park (I think) that hires gear too.

                            The First level could get away with kevlar jeans in the past and a leather jacket, which may change in the future (just a general shift towards making it a bit safer for everyone). That said, hire of or lending gear is fairly easy too when we can all ask around etc. Many racers and members have spares etc and like seeing new people out there too.


                            Thank you so much for your help
                            Born to ride forced to work

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No worries, see you on track

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X