RidedaysWA/MCRCWA Trackday 21st April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RidedaysWA/MCRCWA Trackday 21st April

The MCRC are running a Trackday this coming Sunday, finally a chance to unleash the ZX10R after having done so much to it to actually make it a decent track bike.

I've booked myself into a Level 2, not back to coaching at this stage, wanting to have a play and figure out the new layout to see if I can actually still ride, yet alone give any useful instruction to other riders again.

Anyone else heading up/booked in/volunteering?

The club is always in need of more helpers with setting up and running the day.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

I was wondering about their calendar the other day.
    I might be able to get there, I need to consult my manager...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Comment

I might keep you company with some gentle fart noises.

Lets see if I can cash in a credit from a Collie cancellation.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

In for the best view 🙂

Comment

yep in - with a reg/rec attached this time so hopefully should get licensed. not sure how they doing that with just level 1/2 running, unless chucking me in with C/D riders.. whatever

ps can i have a go of your bike?

Comment

I’m attending to scare myself again.
            Wets, Intermediates or Slicks?
            Whatever I put on will be wrong.
            So it’s bound to be an arse puckering day.

Comment

Looking at the weather forecast, sunny and 21 translates to bloody cold, slicks with warmers will be fine, I'm just on my street rubber, which will also be fine. I'm debating whether it's worth me even packing race stands and tyre warmers, considering the bike still has a side stand, and street rubber is good to go by the time you have ridden down the dummy grid.

I'm not expecting overly much from myself. 5 years since I've been on track, riding fitness and muscle memory gone, general fitness non-existent, older, fatter, slower and more tired, I'll probably do myself a hernia lifting my leathers out of the car... probably don't fit in those anymore either.

Maybe I should have booked group 1
              Last edited by TurboR1; 17-04-2019, 08:14 AM.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Street rubber translates to Intermediates for me.
                Choices choices. RS11 or S22. Hmmm.
                I have to get another set of rotors.
                At least I can have another wrong choice mounted.

Comment

Bummer keen as to volunteer again, but I’ll be out bush for this one. Correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t there another track day on the 24th as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Born to ride forced to work

Comment

28th

Comment

Awesome I’ll donate time for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Born to ride forced to work

Comment

On subject of tyres anyone know of theres changing facilities at track. Mcrc website mentions it but not sure of that's just race rounds

Comment

I think since there is tuning groups a machine will be available, I’ll get back an confirm.

Comment

Yeah current rubber is def OK, but may not make it through day and have another set. New surface was hell grippy so kinda guessing at lifespan

Comment

Booked in for Lvl 2
                              In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Working...
                              X