PREPARING A R1 FOR THE TRACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PREPARING A R1 FOR THE TRACK

I have decided to use my R1 for the track only.i will keep my R6 as a spare track ready bike as well.just going through the process of taking switches, horn,wiring the bits that need to wired.will do the 14th march race day,see what times i do,then decide which class il go in.should be a good season with at least 4 new riders that i know including myself.good luck to all of us,as we will need it.hopefully that was your 1st and last stack calvin,which means il be due for mine.as i said before,i know its the enevitable.just as long as im alright,f..k the bike.i dont want to brake any bones OUCH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

yeah as Gohan said, Good luck to all the riders from the forum. Good to see some familiar faces when walking through the pits....

A suggestion was made by a forum member on Sunday about some PSB stickers for the guys racing this season ,What do you think Deej ???

I won't name him of course but Warp Speed you know who you are

Comment

I won't name him of course but Warp Speed you know who you are      
      good one Gordo :roll:

Don't forget the go fast strips Gohan and make sure you have something red on your leathers or bike, red goes faster
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

best of luck to all for the season!

hope to make it down to most races to see you all in action!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Re: PREPARING A R1 FOR THE TRACK

I have decided to use my R1 for the track only.i will keep my R6 as a spare track ready bike as well.just going through the process of taking switches, horn,wiring the bits that need to wired.will do the 14th march race day,see what times i do,then decide which class il go in.should be a good season with at least 4 new riders that i know including myself.good luck to all of us,as we will need it.hopefully that was your 1st and last stack calvin,which means il be due for mine.as i said before,i know its the enevitable.just as long as im alright,f..k the bike.i dont want to brake any bones OUCH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
          As I said to you on the phone last night Great to see you out there! You know you will love it, and yes we will come off. The bikes are fixable but we take longer to heal :oops:
          It' the risk we take for having the extreme taste for fun :twisted:

As for my bike, sub frame stuffed / fuel tank ? / and fairings scared for life :evil: Oh well there fixable, off to Prestige for repairs :oops:

Hey Madmax how did you get on? sort the Blade out, did it go alright?
          See you on the 7th.

Comment

Blade...

Calvin,

The Blade handled like a R1 on Steriods. It wasn't known until riding it at the track that the frame has been slightly bent.

20mm to be exact. Courtesy of Petes crash into the rear of a car on the Tonkin.

Also the track tyre guage inflator is way out. I thought I had put in 29psi whereas in fact it was only 22psi.

Hence the bike didn't handle to well. Tank slappers out of every corneras soon as you rolled on the throttle.

The bike has been stripped and is in Sydney to be straightend. Hopefully back and ready before the tuning day or at least the first club race.

Enjoyed the new track and the Bridgestones.

Comment

Re: Blade...

Calvin,

The Blade handled like a R1 on Steriods. It wasn't known until riding it at the track that the frame has been slightly bent.

20mm to be exact. Courtesy of Petes crash into the rear of a car on the Tonkin.

Also the track tyre guage inflator is way out. I thought I had put in 29psi whereas in fact it was only 22psi.

Hence the bike didn't handle to well. Tank slappers out of every corneras soon as you rolled on the throttle.

The bike has been stripped and is in Sydney to be straightend. Hopefully back and ready before the tuning day or at least the first club race.

Enjoyed the new track and the Bridgestones.
              Good to hear you had a great day and hopefully you will be right and ready for March 7th 8) fingers crossed. What Bridgestones are you running 012SS? I was using Dunlop 208GP seemed good, don't think they had anything to do with my crash. Do you know what times you were doing? At least on March 14th we will have timing monitors, get an idea of times and how we are travelling 8)

See ya at the track.

Comment

2 all guys out of the forum good luck for the 04 season. Will come out to support you guys

RIDE HARD ---STAY SAFE

Comment

Working...
                X