not looking good for the weekend !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not looking good for the weekend !!

hmmmmmm, now maybe i'm just being a big girl , but i'm not that keen to race in the wet just yet !! I looked at a pair of wets for the bike and the're about $475 , and i just can't afford that at the moment, I've got brand new Metzlers on for the weekend so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day ! Anyone have any advice for wet racing ?? Ben ??

Re: not looking good for the weekend !!

hmmmmmm, now maybe i'm just being a big girl , but i'm not that keen to race in the wet just yet !! I looked at a pair of wets for the bike and the're about $475 , and i just can't afford that at the moment, I've got brand new Metzlers on for the weekend so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day ! Anyone have any advice for wet racing ?? Ben ??
    i remember seen a couple of riders with washing up gloves in a race last season,il be wearing my raincoat and ugg boots i think the more you worry the more chance there is that your gonna fall.just ride and gain experience,not that i have any in the wet,but im certainly keen :twisted:

Comment

All road riders would have more experience in the wet than me. I have only had one race meeting but loved it! I did ok for myself 8) Just keep it smooth, try to brake in a straight line don't trail brake, hang off to keep her on as much rubber as possible.

Comment

at least u get to use wets. us clowns have to make cut slicks stick :twisted:

Comment

Dad got u some new tyres at least Luke?

Comment

doesnt reckon i need them. the ones i have still look OK, so i hope they dont go off, cause i know who to blame if they do hehe

Comment

Are you coming up Friday? I should be there all day and Cam is doing the day as well I think so if you get stuck you can pit up with us. Stuey doing the private practice?

Comment

yep, i will be up there, not sure what time yet cause im doing some work in the morning. Just wanna do some laps to get bak into it, an if its gonna be wet on sunday i hope it rains on friday so i can just go round and round. dunno bout stuey. u know if there is many booked?

Comment

I think quite a few, haven't really asked but it's definitely going ahead

Comment

Re: not looking good for the weekend !!

You should of turned up Sunday, we had wet pratice / qualifying and dry racing, top day out.

I don't think we (Superstock) are allowed to use wets, we can use a street tyres, and that sucks.

Comment

Weather is not looking too bad now

Looks like the rain will hold off to Sunday night fingers crossed :!:

Comment

I'll be there to cheer you boys on (and no i'm not wearing a bikini :roll: ) rain hail or shine
                        Originally posted by vk6hgr
                        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

and no i'm not wearing a bikini :roll:
                          :roll: phew , in that case it'll be safe me to come up aswell

Comment

oh come on Daise !!!! how else are you gonna cut it as a pit girl if you ain't in a Bikini

Comment

oh come on Daise !!!! how else are you gonna cut it as a pit girl if you ain't in a Bikini
                              Tex can you bring an extra pair of socks then ( she might need some padding )

Sorry Daise couldn't resist, you can punch me tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X