Back to Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Back

One round after Honda created history in the World Superbikes (Chris Vermeulen Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR - first Japanese 1000cc Bike Manufacturer to win a Round of World Superbike)

Honda and Chris have done it again!

Chris won Race One in the Laguna Seca Round of the World Superbikes in a dominating style with over a 5 second lead.

Chris won Race Two in similiar style. The big budget Factory Ducati Team had no answer for Hondas power and Chris's riding ability and determination.

Not bad considering Ten Kate is a private team without the help or assistance from HRC! Ten Kate is a one bike Team without the experience of years of past riders/bikes to utilise data from. This is Ten Kate Hondas first year in the premier Superbike category. Not bad for Chris seeing as he had never raced at Laguna Seca before.

Chris is now placed third in the championship, just 24 points behind the Factory Ducati.

Honda backed up the weekends dominance with the Round Win at Laguna Seca in the AMA Superbike Championship via Ben Bostrom, also on a Honda CBR1000RR.

This follows fellow domination by Honda in the Moto GP 'Tamada's win in Brazil' and Hondas Top Three Podium Finish, Australian Superbikes 'Adam Fergusson's win at Wanneroo' (Round 4) Australian Supersports 'Adam Fergusson's win at Wanneroo' (Round 4), Australian Superbikes 'Adam Fergusson's win at Mallala' (Round 5), Australian Supersports 'Adam Fergusson's win at Mallala'

Did I forget to mention Honda set pole, lap record as well as winning both class rounds at the recent Wanneroo Round?

Do I have to state the obvious? If your not on a Honda, your simply following the LEADER!

good shit ,
    but will you eat your dick if a Yamaha wins the next Moto GP :?:

Comment

Eat Dick?

On the law of averages, Rossi may win a few more GP's this year but he won't win the title.

Honda have the equipment and the arsenal of riders to step up to the challenge and bring it home for the Japanese giant.

If it wasn't for Rossi being on the Yamaha this year, Yamaha would not even be challenging for the title.

I'll repeat a past comment of mine. It took a Honda Rider and a Honda engineer to make the Yamaha the bike it is today.

Where were the 'other factory' Yamaha riders at Brazil? Both Ducati and Suzuki finished ahead of the Yamaha.

I admit to being 'pro' Honda, but these comments are based upon fact.

The international and national results of Hondas domination speak for themselves.

Comment

Re: Back to Back

Did I forget to mention Honda set pole, lap record as well as winning both class rounds at the recent Wanneroo Round?

Do I have to state the obvious? If your not on a Honda, your simply following the LEADER!

well said chookie :? but you have to get out of that fantasy world.we will always be the gumbys in this sport.those guys are between 4 and 10 seconds per lap faster than us at the track we race on.those bikes are not the same as we ride here as well.engine mods, etc.but if you talk about whos always in front of you(if he can stay on that awesome piece of machinery)and the other hooooonda riders on this forum,need i say more.and once again which bike is dominating in the real world of motorcycling ie:wanneroo,YAMAHAHAHAH

NOW I WILL SIT BACK(RELAX) AND TAKE WHATS COMING TO ME :roll:

Comment

[quote]good shit ,
          but will you eat your dick if a Yamaha wins the next Moto GP :?: [/quote

yeh yeh :shock: what he said.

Comment

Re: Eat Dick?

On the law of averages, Rossi may win a few more GP's this year but he won't win the title.
            Ok, will you eat your dick if yamaha wins the title :?:

If it wasn't for Rossi being on the Yamaha this year, Yamaha would not even be challenging for the title.

I'll repeat a past comment of mine. It took a Honda Rider and a Honda engineer to make the Yamaha the bike it is today.
            I would have to agree, but I tend to follow/support the rider/driver rather than the manufacturer....

It simplifies it too much if you only go on the brand, like the age old "ford/holden" crap..

in my opinion anyway

Comment

Yea I agree with Gordo, I follow the rider more than the machine, and yes I agree with Alan that Yamaha would not be in the hunt at all with out Rossi on board.

Comment

Fantasy Land...

Who's Fantasy Land....

Lets look at the facts and forget peoples 'uneducated opinions'.

1. All of the Factory Teams that entered Round 4 at Wanneroo recently had 'A' Grade Riders on them.

VS - The highest grade rider riding a Honda CBR1000RR in the WA State Chapionships is a 'B' Grader namely Danny ABREY. If your going to compare the local results of State Racing at Wanneroo, lets have a level playing field. You can't compare local results seeing how the manufacturers aren't fairly represented. I'm sure Kawasaki ZX10 would also do well if it had an 'A' Grader riding it.

2. Whether or not the Factory bikes are worked or not makes no difference. All teams have to abide by the same GCR rules and regulations. ALL FACTORY TEAMS HAVE WORKED BIKES (level playing field)

3. In round one, none of the factory teams (except Suzuki) had prior experience with their respective bikes. (all new models this year except Suzuki) Which bike was on pole, set the lap record and won? A STOCK HONDA CBR1000RR - NO INTERNAL MODS - only mods were, pipe, rearsets and braided lines.

Aside from Suzuki all the other teams were in the same boat yet Honda walked away from the weekend No.1.

4. What bike is in front of us Forum Honda riders? I checked the MCRC Championship points standings and it looks a little something like this;

6th Calvin Ridley (Honda CBR600RR) 50 Points

10th Alan Ingram (Honda CBR954RR) 37 Points

11th Tex Houston (Honda CBR600F) 30 Points

31st Leroy Maclou (Yamaha R1) 2 Points

5. If the above is not enough to satisfy my fellow Hondas critics then nothing ever will.

(Chook now sits back to await Leroy's comeback - on and off the track. Chook fully expects Leroy to kick his arse at the next state round but does enjoy taunting his little friend!)hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Regards Moto GP, lets see how Yamaha and Honda go after the summer break? as we all know they get all new go fast bits then, and who will get the most gain?

And lets not forget the riders, which Honda riders will finish below Rossi and feel the pressure from Honda, and maybe ge the sack :oops: lets face it Honda have made it very clear that there bike is far more superior, and that out ways the riders ability :? :oops:

All I can say is go Rossi 8)

Comment

I sit back and wait for Leroys reply :!:

this is good 8)

Comment

I don't get your point Calvin?

If what your saying is right, Yamaha have put all their eggs in one basket with Rossi.

If Rossi falls off and hurts himself where will Yamaha be then? He is not infallible. No one is. Look at the last GP Round. Rossi and Sete both fell off at the fault of no one else bar themselves. Rossi's fellow Yamaha riders at this stage of their careers are not capable of winning a championship on their own back. (Melandri will be a contender in a few years)

Statements released from Honda Management simply say that if their Satelitte Riders aka Sete and Biaggi continue to outperform their Factory Riders then the Satelitte Riders will be given further support from the Factory in utlising newer designed parts and items.

This to me makes good business sense to support the 'inform' riders of the season rather to continue supporting an 'inexperienced rider' - Nicky Hayden and an 'out of condition/post injury rider' - Alex Barros.

Don't get me wrong, Rossi is the best rider in the Championship, but he is not riding the best bike in the Championship. This I think will be Rossi's achilles heal for this season anyway.

Comment

The bike is only as good as the rider, If Rossi was still on the Honda he would have won every race and it would be a case of who will finish 2nd.

Not good for the sport, I'm happy he went to Yamaha. 8)

Comment

hmmmmm , sorry leroy , but i was pissing myself laughing when i read madmaxs comments and he showed me the points for this season !! hehehehe maybe you should come back to the 600s so you can finish a race or two.....then again i hear there's a nice 2nd hand RGV for sale up at the track !

I'm looking forward to having to eat my words on the 25th, because the only time i finish in front of leroy is if he has a bike problem(besides it being a yamaha) or worse still if he has a get off, and i'd much rather see you grinning in the pits standing next to your bike than walking back to the pits without your bike ! :shock:

roll on the 25th , it's gonna be a fantastic day !

Comment

You said it all in one Calvin
                            Spike

Comment

i'm with calvin here, glad to see Rossi helping to develop the yamaha's, hopefully evening up the field a bit. otherwise it descends into another version of the 'ducati cup' (sorry.... WS but with the 'all-conquering, wizz-bang, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink, panty-dropping honda's' in the race for the title.... :roll:

GO THE YAMAHAHAHAHAHA'S

[size=18]GO ROSSI

Comment

Working...
                              X