Kings meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings meeting.

Ok well I've put my entry in and was reading the supp.regs and got to the tyre bit for superstock.....so it says tyres are to be marked before the start of the weekend...and that the tyres need to be clean and NOT ON A RIM....which is annoying cause mine are already on my rims....and will need to be for transport....so I wondered whether they will allow them to remain on the rims seeing most people will be in this situation????????also because I'm cross-competing in club600 will I be able to have more than 1 set of tyres which is the allocation for superstock.???? opinions on this?? also it says shell optimax will be the control fuel and says it need to be ordered by the 1st november....but it doesn't say how to order it.....
    LYLE

Don't stress on this one, I think you'll find it similar to our state rounds and the national rounds, they will mark your tires when you return from the track, either after the first practice or at scruitineering, if you have a second set for Club 600 then you'll need a second set of rims for those tires, or just run with the one set for the entire weekend.
    Don't worry to much about the fuel, you can run the same fuel that you do at the state rounds as long as you haven't added anything like octane booster.

Comment

Ok, cheers Tex. so it's mainly all "talk" so to speak? sweet.
      now all I need is a spare set of rims to borrow......not sure how long a set of soft tyres will last in november heat....seeing I'll be doing 52 racing laps plus practice and qualifying......
      Last edited by LYLE; 14-10-2007, 06:55 PM.
      LYLE

Comment

No it's not really all talk, they have mostly used the supp regs from the national rounds and changed the relevant things,
        The club is more than aware of the challanges facing the superstock guys in regards to tyres and they won't make it more difficult for any of the racers, they do there best to make sure it's as easy and the most common sense approach, they know that most superstock guys, if not all do not have spare rims so they won't make you go through the hassles of removing them off rims etc etc
        and at the pace you are running you should have no dramas getting a set of tyres to last you the entire day, it's good fun when they start to slide.....just make sure you don't highside it ......it hurts !!

Comment

Why`s that Tex???

ooops....sorry mate....you left that one wide open.... ....
          SP RACINGis supported by:
          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

hahaha yeah I did , but after watching the boys at the moto gp highside it a few times I'm still trying to work out how I did it wrong ?? those guys kept getting up and walking away !! might have something to do with the fact they weight 50kg dressed in full kit....hmmmmmm half the weight of me !! and I think the older you get the worse you bounce

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
              hahaha yeah I did , but after watching the boys at the moto gp highside it a few times I'm still trying to work out how I did it wrong ?? those guys kept getting up and walking away !! might have something to do with the fact they weight 50kg dressed in full kit....hmmmmmm half the weight of me !! and I think the older you get the worse you bounce
              That might have something to do with it....or you just don`t have enough fat, like me....bounces a lot better.........
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

ha ha funny you should say that Tex....I highsided the race after you....and yes it hurts....i did it right though and got up..(being only 67kg must have helped)....once I wasn't winded....bruised hip/spleen...sprained ankle....my big toe on my left foot is still numb due to nerve damage.. good to know ur recovering well... yeah just wanted to check with the tyres lasting...all 3 days. wouldn't want to do friday and saturday and get to sunday with ruined tyres. The supp.Regs are good but some of it isn't to clear. like the fuel and tyres thing.. cheers again for the help.
                LYLE

Comment

Lyle, Tyres for superstock have to be marked on the saturday morning from 8am-9.30am as per the supp regs. Tyres are pooled at a national round to stop any "special" tyres being used and are to be presented new, unmarked and not on a rim as they generally get allocated to another rider. I will find out whether for this event superstock riders can present them between the particular time on a rim. Also the 1 set of tyres marked have to be used for all stock races (1, 2 and 3). You can use a different set for the club 600 but obviously this would depend on how quickly you can get them swapped and changed back on the day. The fuel stated is more for eastern state riders as this is the fuel they use and need to be notified that it is not available from a service station in WA.
                  If you have any other queries send me a PM with your contact details and I can give you a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                    Don't worry to much about the fuel, you can run the same fuel that you do at the state rounds as long as you haven't added anything like octane booster.

What not aloud Octane Boost.

Next you'll be tellin me that the big CBR1000's aren't aloud to run a slipper clutch either..

So Many Assholes, So Few Bullets

Comment

Nah , they don't need them ......if you can ride !!!

Just a good barnetts clutch with heavy duty HRC springs will work best on a Blade !! just like a slipper clutch at 1/4 of the price !!!

Comment

How many rounds do you have to do before you are not a novice anymore? I thought you had only done one round Lyle, novices cant enter superstock.

Comment

.. it's based on lap times, sub 66's required

http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/2007_classes.pdf

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                          How many rounds do you have to do before you are not a novice anymore? I thought you had only done one round Lyle, novices cant enter superstock.
                          .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
                            .. it's based on lap times, sub 66's required

http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/2007_classes.pdf
                            Ahh i see, well lucky i havent entered for superstock then

Comment

Lyle I just got an e-mail from Denise at MCRC regarding the tyres. The question has been raised by a few Superstock riders. She is going to put it to the committee but doesn't think it will be a problem and she thinks that they can make allowances for tyres presented on rims. Phew, i was gettin ready to break out the tyre levers.

Comment

Working...
                              X