Track bikes and paint jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track bikes and paint jobs

Hey all, any body wanna post piccies of their paint job they have on their track bike? I am trying to get some ideas on what to paint/sticker the race glass I am getting. This is something I found with the euro wings, also being playing around with photo shop but without much luck.

The rim strips look abit dodgy on this one

and (ignore the pink shit on the brakes, don't know what they were thinking with that one :roll:

Thoughts suggestions :?:

Cheers
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Have you thought of some spray-on rubber for the front fairing?

Or maybe a hammertone finish? (camouflage for the stone chips?)

sigpic

Comment

me and CAD are probably just going for an all over matt black jobbie..... and PSF stickers down the side.....

Comment

i luv ten kate paint scheme..that's what i would do if i had a rr

Comment

you could go for the scheme that ive got at the moment, i like to call it a technicolour ghettocoat

ive got to get arount to painting it soon....

Comment

heres a pic of mine with breanne riding it. it's all matt black with white number boards. i reckon it looks mint. if you have a flash looking bike then people might think you're a flash rider. matt black is as un-flash as you can get - just like my riding :?

Comment

Depends what your after i think !
              If you want a bike that stands out then i'd steer clear of the darker colours..unless your gonna do your bike like Leroy.
              Black is an easy colour to fix and spray yourself.....something i should of considered :oops:
              The bright coulours stand out really easy and you can recognise the bike wherever they are on the track.
              With the decals and stickers you want to put on the bike it depends if you have sponsors that you want to promote, the more decals on the bike the less room to put sponsors stickers.
              I'd post a pic of my bike , but i have no idea how to :roll: but i'll wait for calvin to post the pics of both of our bikes.....mind you it doesn't look that good anymore and the new paint scheme should be ready in a few weeks time !

Comment

Hey wilco love the colour sceme you got going there, very hippy and also the half polished rear mag is pimp 8)

You think it will be ready for the nov. racecraft??

Comment

yea, ive sent the forms in today, im going in on the saturday!

Comment

are u plannin on racing ace ?? or just gettin race glass for ur bike ?
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

are u plannin on racing ace ?? or just gettin race glass for ur bike ?
                      yeah probably, don't really have the funds and ways to race, depends on what times I can do on the 600. If I can manage under 70 then I suppose I will give it a craic. You wanna race as well? I would like nothing more that to tango with an 04 R1 :twisted: Leroy, Calvin and Tex can play up the front and we will play at the back.... practising the powerslides and wheelies :twisted:
                      1, Always look good
                      2, Always know what you're doing
                      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

[If I can manage under 70 then I suppose I will give it a craic. You wanna race as well? I would like nothing more that to tango with an 04 R1 :twisted: Leroy, Calvin and Tex can play up the front and we will play at the back.... practising the powerslides and wheelies *:twisted:
                        you'll be able to do 70's easy. i can do 70's with a fuct leg and little riding talent. you'll piss it in. i might even be racing you myself...

Comment

You wanna race as well? I would like nothing more that to tango with an 04 R1 :twisted: Leroy, Calvin and Tex can play up the front and we will play at the back.... practising the powerslides and wheelies :twisted:
                          i have been toying with tthe idea .. but i couldnt do it all the time due to other commitments .. i will have a look into it and see

dunno if it would be the R1 tho ... mite want to bring a 600
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

You wanna race as well? I would like nothing more that to tango with an 04 R1 :twisted: Leroy, Calvin and Tex can play up the front and we will play at the back.... practising the powerslides and wheelies :twisted:
                            i have been toying with tthe idea .. but i couldnt do it all the time due to other commitments .. i will have a look into it and see

dunno if it would be the R1 tho ... mite want to bring a 600
                            you can do it on the cheap by buying ex race tyres for around $120 a set.they have around 40 laps on them.last you two race days, but dont expect to be up front.new tyres are needed to be up front and competitive.i can usually do 62-63,s with old tyres so dont see why anyone else cant when they up the pace.entry fees around $75,fuel$20 and you yearly lic.there is other things needed but you can getaway with it at a reasonable cost.

Comment

I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Working...
                              X