Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Tuning Day for all of PSB Racers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Tuning Day for all of PSB Racers...

How good was it to finally get back out onto the track today!

Thanks to all of the PSBer's that turned up at the track today to say g'day and help out for a bit with pit duties. Two in particular who braved their flus to come and help.

The day turned out fantastic for both rider and spectator alike.

Calvin rode very well on the 'new' CBR1000RR Fireblade straight out of the box. 64's from memory.

Tex is back in form, down to 63's. Keen to see the new paint job on Sunday!

Jim Seymour seemed happy with himself and the bike setup.

Leroy, well we all know its all about LEROY don't we! Seriously though, he again did PSB proud. 61's without even giving it a serious go. He volunteered his time between assisting the racecraft course and attempting to drag my slow arse around the track a little quicker.

Well it worked! I took 2 seconds of my previous personal best. Down to 62.23 sec with a 62.36 average. Lets hope and pray I can reproduce this form on Sunday coming.

I had Russell Nash ride my bike and give me his thoughts, I then had Alan Watts assist with suspension set up (basically changed every setting)and finally 'The Guru Maclou' showing me the correct way to ride Barbagello.

A big thanks to Leroy for the time and effort he spent today for his 'on track coaching'.

As they say practise makes perfect, so heres to a lot more practising...

Nice work #151... will see you down at the track this Sunday!

Good luck to the rest of the PSB racey boys!
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Was a great day 8) weather was fantastic and the Blade went ok :? Best time for the day was a 63 which for a bike out of the crate was not too bad.
      The start of the day was all about learning the bike, at one stage Ben flew past me so I tried to keep up and was doing ok until the bike tried to spit me off in the basin :evil: went past next lap to see a 4mtr black line out off the basin.
      Also tried to keep up with Leroy, managed to stay with him for the last couple of laps of the session (62 - 63 on his lap timer). 8)

Got to get my bike to Dyno Time and get it tuned and the front suspension seen to before Friday.

Good news Alan with your bike set up, looks like the PSB boys will be swaping paint in the Clubmans :twisted:

Comment

Re: Great Tuning Day for all of PSB Racers...

Leroy, well we all know its all about LEROY don't we!  Seriously though, he again did PSB proud.  61's without even giving it a serious go.  He volunteered his time between assisting the racecraft course and attempting to drag my slow arse around the track a little quicker.
        Well it worked!  I took 2 seconds of my previous personal best.  Down to 62.23 sec with a 62.36 average.  Lets hope and pray I can reproduce this form on Sunday coming.
        I'The Guru Maclou'   showing me the correct way to ride Barbagello.
        A big thanks to Leroy for the time and effort he spent today for his 'on track coaching'.
        ARE YOU GAY :roll: :roll: :roll:

dont thank me!
        JUST GET DOWN TO THOSE 62,S AND LOWER
        then you can give me a hug

Comment

Great work fellas and no spills! Great result!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Good to hear all went well on the new bike Calvin and and a good day had by Mr 151...... I had a positive day and almost got into the 59s for practice so ready to go Sunday.

Comment

Thats awesome Ben. Sorry that i forgot to mention you in my first post. Didn't get a chance to speak to you on Sunday.

So you must be looking forward to Sunday with those times then.

See you on Sunday.

Comment

8) Great news Ben, will keep an eye on ya times on Sunday.

Good luck to all on Sunday, stay upright 8)

Comment

Good luck to everyone also, will have a chat on Friday..... 59S friday will go down very nicely I f we can all give each other a tow 59s for all 8)

Comment

Good luck to everyone also, will have a chat on Friday..... 59S friday will go down very nicely I f we can all give each other a tow 59s for all 8)
                    i think sunday is going to be the day for all of us i have this feeling and its a good one

good luck to eveyone even my mate tex hope we all do well.
                    and i want to see you get down to those elusive 59,s BEN
                    doesnt it shit ya when your that close :twisted:
                    but just not enough.

i,ve given up on getting to that stage,but want to do well in the superbikes starting last aint gonna help though :shock:

calvin,ride that bike likes its not yours and you will do well
                    hold that throttle that little bit longer and brake that little bit later and you will get the idea

and my mate #151 i want to see you get down to those 62,s and lower or else :twisted:

Comment

Excellent work guys,

It's great to see you all improving and having a great time.

Will try and get out on Sunday.

BB.

Comment

Thats awesome Ben. Sorry that i forgot to mention you in my first post. Didn't get a chance to speak to you on Sunday.

So you must be looking forward to Sunday with those times then.

See you on Sunday
                        He always looks forward with those times and comes out at the end of the day pissed off because he couldn't crack a 59 so lets see.

and like i said ben your picture won't be on the front of the program next year BWHAHAHAHAHA just jokes :twisted:

Comment

Sorry didnt realise you raced Flaggie

Comment

you coming to the GP this year for another crack at hypothermia rossi??

Comment

Great Day absolutely! Times set by first year racers are just superb! I wish I could get anything near them, 65 was my best time for the year set at round 2 and two crashes later and some crappy handling after a rebuild, I am only now feeling like getting back to the 65's.

TEX Leroy and Calvin, i dip my lid to ya, simply sensational first year efforts, just think in pre season I was beating Tex no more!!

I really love this sport and the guy's who I have met this year have made it all the better, I couldn't hope to have been accepted and helped as much as I have been. Huge thanks. (special thanks to Rory who sorted out the handling issues for me, and let me ride his bike after which he spent half a day cleaning a clogged injector ) Also everyone who helped on tuning day's (raising triple clamps etc).

MDH Tuning for persisting with a real novice, Mark's gotta be one of the best and most reliable bike mechanic's going around. And who could belive I could pick up sponsorship!

WE've all had crashes, (chookie for the most spectacular) but all carried on.

Anyone on the sidelines who is in two minds about racing don't be, the club is fantastic, the guy's (and girls) are the best and you'll never have more fun (as long as you stay upright, and go past someone )

See ya on Sunday!!!!!!
                              Sponsor:Thanks heaps to MDH Tuning, Silkolene and Ferodo.

Comment

Working...
                              X