News on the Kings meeting !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on the Kings meeting !!

There have been a few issues with the up coming Kings of the West 3 day race meeting coming up that will result in a few changes, some of them may not be popular with racers, but the club has been left with very few options at a very late stage.
    basically a great deal of promised support from several different areas has not come through, even though initially support for the race was extremely high, A few extremely dedicated MCRCWA people have worked extremely hard on this and it has been a real slap in the face that some of the people that said they would get on board with sponsorship and support will now not even return phone calls !!
    So before anyone jumps up and down about the changes please be aware the club has tried extremely hard on this event , but to no avail !

ADD to that the very limited support that the race meet has recieved from local riders !!!! the entries for this event are substantially LOWER than for a state round !!! so it's extremely difficult for the club to continue to work hard on an event that doesn't even get supported by our own riders !

Some people may of been put off by the potential of East Coast riders coming over......rest assured there are not that many of them coming over to make a real difference, I'd like to encourage the racers out there who have not entered to get out there for the event and give it a shot ! It will be the last chance this year to get some good quality track time !
    If you have entered , then think also about cross entering.....there are a few people who are in the clubman races who could also be entered into the premier races.
    I believe they are intending to scrap the cross entry fee !!

As for the other changes, I'll let the club tell you those details in a mail out to all riders, just to make sure that I don't say something on here that is incorrect. But like I said at the start , the club don't have a lot of options open to them !

If you haven't entered then it's not to late !! if you've only entered one event, then cross enter into another one !! get out there and have fun and support the club !

Its a shame to see such a great idea and the hard work of the MCRC volunteers not come to fruition in the original format as envisaged at the start of the year

Im sure that whatever comes out in the wash it will still be a great event to participate in and spectate at. Heres hoping for full grids of riders on the days (Someone loan me a racebike please? )

Comment

Hard part for me is the 3 days in a row so I left it quite late before deciding, bugger it, I'll just be even more knackered than usual (if that's possible).

I might even cross enter to superstock & then need two days in bed recovering from the exhaustion
      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
        ADD to that the very limited support that the race meet has recieved from local riders !!!! the entries for this event are substantially LOWER than for a state round !!!

Hey Tex, Im sorry to hear about the sponsor issues. This is the same song that is played here ... clubs will bust humps, people will sweat, and others who are on the outside will walk on these things. Its so sad because you spoke of it with such a keen note earlier this year.

As far as numbers, speaking for myself , its too much coin right now. The cost is too high ... the expence of rubber, pads, etc etc, and entry , is just too much.

Speaking for many others who ive spoken to, say the exact same thing. The whole WTF team arent riding for that same reason .... entry fee and tyres.

Its hard, we get a good event , and we cant afford to race. Sucks arse.

Comment

I dont think that the cost is too much, 3 days of racing for 200, beats 1 day of racing for 100 + 50 for practice... tyres, well thats another story, but i've had to fork out for tyres for every round, so this one wont be any different.. And as you said Tex, last chance of the year to get some good quality track time in... I'm not cross entered, probably due to the fact i will be spending the next 3 weeks at work and fly back into town on the thursday night before the start of the Kings the following day, I expect to be a little worn out. I may concider cross entering, I'll think about it in the next couple of days...

I expect it to be a great event, so i do hope that ppl reconcider entering, the more the merrier... Come on guys and gals- support the club...
          Sponsored by:
          Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
          Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Originally posted by BlackICE View Post
            I dont think that the cost is too much, 3 days of racing for 200, beats 1 day of racing for 100 + 50 for practice... tyres, well thats another story,
            200+450+450+100 and that isnt including fuels or any other hard parts i may need.

Cant justify. Hence the reason your riding and im not.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackICE View Post
              I dont think that the cost is too much, ..
              Originally posted by Foofie Foofie View Post
              200+450+450+100 and that isnt including fuels or any other hard parts i may need.

Cant justify. Hence the reason your riding and im not.
              yep thats right, I didn't say it wasn't pricey and i never said that the cost wasn't too much for you either, hence the "I dont think.....". If I was refering to you, I probably would have quoted your post.

Now back on track... the things we do for fun.
              Sponsored by:
              Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

What a shame eh. Well at least its still happening. Hope a few of you out there come and have a go.
                Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

If I have a bike I will enter its a big IF as I will have no set up time. Least I will have 3 days to do it Shame the sponsors have pulled out. I will be up even if I'm not racing. I guess this is how we can show the club some support. Someone has to throw rocks at the riders as they go past :p

Comment

Similar to Marty, in the process of building the new bike for next season, so just don't have the cash to be able to participate. I will be supporting the event though, in every way that I can.
                    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

yeah the club is aware that it is at the end of the season and a lot of riders don't have bikes, plus it wasn't really on the calander from the start of the year so riders didn't really budget for it, But regardless the club didn't want to leave the riders without an event, even if sponsors didn't come through with the goods!

You'll find that it will no longer be a three day event, but a 2 day event,

Prize money will be reduced, but it will still be a lot more than what it is in a state round....and riders will get a chance to win a few $$...even clubman riders who finish off the podium

You get 3 entry passess which is equal to $75

I think you could do the weekend with a single set of tyres if you weren't cross entering.....even if you were cross entering then they would probably last (just be careful!!)

If guys can't afford to race then I fully understand....but as most have said It would be great to see you up there supporting the club, it should still be a good day of racing !

Besides Saf, I've been using the wheelchair on the big days out as I end up in heaps of pain from too much time on crutches.....and I was gonna give you a race !!
                      Last edited by Tex; 24-10-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

really disappointing to hear this -
                        $50 difference to a state round for an extra day of racing if you use the same tyres - so cost applies even if it were round 6
                        I will use one set of tyres as am not planning to cross enter (saving tyre wear) - may consider cross entering in circumstances -
                        last race here until April 2008 -
                        I hope more local racers support this
                        expensive hobby - and justifying it - well - don't want to enter that conversation.
                        would be great if you could enter if you haven't already done so.
                        To Grow Up is to Give Up...

Comment

Shame the local industry isnt behind our local racing more/
                          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                            Besides Saf, I've been using the wheelchair on the big days out as I end up in heaps of pain from too much time on crutches.....and I was gonna give you a race !!
                            Hey Tex, you might be on to something here. Wheelchair races in the lunch interval as a spectator attraction.

Mind you, I know where my money would be, Saf has got waaaaay more experience than you. :p

Hope to be up there marshalling on one of the days at least.
                            Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I've entered and have decieded after reading Tex's comments that I should crossenter.. Clubby and Super's .. I allowed for this event about 2 months ago and started putting coin away for tyres.. Even got a new set of wets ( should we need them )..

I think if the MCRC drop the cross entry cost, that may be a decieding factor for a lot of Clubman racer's ..

In saying that, I'd still be happy paying the cross entry fee to support the club that we love being part of..

Comment

Working...
                              X