No WA National round in 2008 for SBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No WA National round in 2008 for SBK

The 2008 Australian Superbike Championship will be run over seven rounds, with the fourth and fifth rounds to be run as a double-header weekend. The details are as follows:

Round 1: 14-16 March, Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW
    Round 2: 18-20 April, Mallala Raceway, SA
    Round 3: 30 May - 1 June, Winton Raceway, VIC
    Round 4/5: 10-13 July, Queensland Raceway, QLD
    Round 6: 29-31 August, Symmons Plains Raceway, TAS
    Round 7: 17-19 October, Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Once again NO WA round!

damn. wonder if Barbagello will EVER see SBK ever again.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Probably not.. Dowerin Maybe?

Comment

Nope...dont reckon either. I reckon will be 4-5 years away...by then...WA will be well and truley forgotten.
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

There is talk about having a round here every second year.....but who knows what's going to happen with the current Aust Sbk promoter........he's not a fan of WA

Comment

lol. WA riders arent a fan of WA right now. We seem to be losing out on it all. It was a real eye opener for me at PI. The locals and Melb. have a complete different view on Racing it seems. Here...its bordering on depressing at times.

Comment

no surprise there....after thinking Terry Oneill would actualy promote an Australian Competition, it turns out to be a East Coast series again...shame...
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Arsehole. !

Comment

This happened a few back as well when the big 4 jap companies conspired together with MA to drop WA from the calender, which they did. Now with the most ludricrous of reasoning they find an excuse to do it again.
                  There is no National series, not since 2006, there's only an interstate carnival.
                  Bikes are good, Cars are bad, Green is better than Gold.

Comment

Yep....sucks to live in wa for racing....I'm off to live in melbourne next year if all goes to plan. the city of motorsport! mmmm WSBK, MOTOGP, F1, V8's, and within travelling distance for a weekender...Bathurst and Indy. oh and WRC in the near future.
                    LYLE

Comment

Rumour has it, Barbagallos may shut down in a couple of years! :o

Anyone heard this one before?

The way I see it, Perth is ideal for an international circuit.

We are geographically better suited to world racing over the eastern states, about 70% of racing is done in Europe and at least 20% in the eastern countries eg: China,Dubai,Turkey and Malaysia.

Lets hope someone see's this and spends the dough to bring Perth up to world standards!

If Bunbury keeps getting the red light, we would surely be the best option.

So what the hell is stopping us getting a great racetrack ???
                      07 MV F41000R
                      09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                      07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                      sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                        So what the hell is stopping us getting a great racetrack ???
                        I think it's because we're in the most remote capital city on earth, and they probably think that there aren't enough people here to justify the expense of jetting over...
                        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                          I think it's because we're in the most remote capital city on earth, and they probably think that there aren't enough people here to justify the expense of jetting over...
                          But John, Perth is surely closer than Melbourne ... would you agree?

Its got to be the state government holding us back, surely.
                          This state supports Oz financially, so I guess the other states rely on tourism to make up for their shortfall, if we had all international motorsport events here, what does the rest of Oz have to give?

The whole remote thing with capital cities is unnerving, most people wouldn't look twice at Perth, but we really are in a better position on the world circuit, geographically (god I had to spell that word again)

Sorry for rambling, I get passionate about this.
                          07 MV F41000R
                          09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                          07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                          sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                            But John, Perth is surely closer than Melbourne ... would you agree?

Its got to be the state government holding us back, surely.
                            This state supports Oz financially, so I guess the other states rely on tourism to make up for their shortfall, if we had all international motorsport events here, what does the rest of Oz have to give?

The whole remote thing with capital cities is unnerving, most people wouldn't look twice at Perth, but we really are in a better position on the world circuit, geographically (god I had to spell that word again)

Sorry for rambling, I get passionate about this.
                            You might have a point, but once you realise why there aren't any international races in Broome, you'll realise why there aren't any in Perth.

They may be geographically closer, but not financially or politically.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

No National round in 2008 for Perth.

This is tragic, tragic news.

To all the parties involved - this is a disgrace.

Well done on serving up the arrogance, and pig headedness to the relevant parties. I hope you are proud of your behaviour - you have really outdone yourselves with the levels of childish stupidity. Outstanding to see that "CANT DO" attitude in full swing.

We are missing out on a fantastic event.
                              Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Working...
                              X