Northam 2007 - Piccies + Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northam 2007 - Piccies + Report

Will start by saying I am just about all biked out. I dont often get like this, but it should wear out in a day or 2.

Started this off last year by riding the Sunday stuff. This year, had the family in tow, and stayed up Friday and Saturday night. Have had a fantastic weekend. The road race street circuit display side of things is taken care of by the Historics club - Outstanding again this year to be involved with such a great club, and great bunch of enthusiasts. Bec has already demanded we have her racebike and a babysitter for next year

Saturday was a bit sketchy (and the coldest October day in many years @ 14') , and it seemed every time we were pulling helmets on, the rain would start. Still, no crashes to report during the slippery saturday stuff. A highlight for me was riding the Aprilia Motard 550 bike in the rain - I have never had to hold myself back ever before anything like trying to ride this beast. Literally wheelspins everywhere in the damp!!! (frightening, ass pucker type stuff for someone like me)

Sunday when the temperature picked up, and the pace picked up we had a few tumbles. 1 side car, 1 street bike, and 1 junior 150 bike (somewhere in Perth this week there will be a kid learning how to fibreglass) hit the walls/deck, and then in the last session for the weekend, Cam the stunt guy managed to toss himself over the bars when a rolling burnout got some grip, and the whole thing got messy.

Am really pleased on a personal level to manage to get my gearing to what felt like +/- 1 rear tooth as a guess on Wednesday night. Was just grabbing 5th (top) by the drop away section in the tar. Was really really happy the way this 250 motor has performed as my first ever 4 stroke motor rebuild.

Anyhow, heres a bit of a piccy session from the sunday

Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Great pics, where are all the spectators?

G......
      http://www.motorsportpics.net

Comment

Comment

Comment

A lot of the early pics were from first thing in the morning before the crowds - only chance I had to run round and flatten the camera batteries :p

Saturday crowds were ok to good considering the harsh weather.

Sunday was more like take 10 steps say hi to bike person, take next 10 steps say hi to next bike person - was mint!!!

Comment

8 year old kid - Awesome

Comment

Nice pic's mate!

Spewin' I couldn't make it.
                sigpic

Comment

Matt Mingay backing in a CRF150 about 1 minute after jumping on it.

Very special rider this guy. Was blown away by the guys bike control all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    8 year old kid - Awesome
                    Yeah, I think he was the same one at scarbs on the MAD ride.

G.....
                    http://www.motorsportpics.net

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Matt Mingay backing in a CRF150 about 1 minute after jumping on it.

Very special rider this guy. Was blown away by the guys bike control all weekend.
                      I was about to mention that when I saw the picture in your first post. One pic shows him trading bikes with someone, and right after that he's got it all out of shape coming into a corner
                      Unreal

There's some great pics there. Thanks for posting them.
                      FTP

Comment

Wow, looked like a great weekend. Shame I couldn't get over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                          Yeah, I think he was the same one at scarbs on the MAD ride.

G.....
                          I hate that little fucker. How dare he be so fucking good!

(not jealous of his skills at all)
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Nice pics Rob

Got any of the camerasquid that was loitering around the track during the day?

Comment

I had 1 lined up.

Obscured - very sorry - Ken moved!!!

Did you find out what the injuries were? I havent seen a front flip like that since Darren Nash did something very similar @ Cockburn after winning a race

Comment

Working...
                              X