Kings of West no more....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings of West no more....

As probaly ur aware Kings of the West has been now renamed the Kings of Wanneroo.

Not enough entries from the interstate competitors has seen dropping the numbers of competitors and pricemoney from $33,000 to $20,000.....

Will still have some big guns as Glenn Allerton (Aus SBK Privateer) Ben Henry (Aus Superstock Champ) and of course our local hero Matt Battista.

Friday will be turn into a private practise's day from 9am to 4pm.

Saturday qualifing for all classes with Club 600 n 1000 n Superstock will have 1 race each.

Sunday racing all classes from 10.30am.

Just a bit disappointed in how WA is cut off and ignored from the rest of the racing scene, definetly the lost of Aus SBK has been a big loss.

Still recon will be plenty of fun for the racers and spectators.

Cya down there.

Andrea#26
    MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
    DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
    Cert IV in Training and Assessment
    WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
    WWW.BART.NET.AU

Ya gave me a heart attack! Thought from ur heading the whole event had been cancelled! SHEESH!
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

I also nearly had a heart-attack! so all of 2 east coast peeps r coming! what a joke. well hopefully it's a great event and those two go back over east and say how great it was and get people thinking!
      LYLE

Comment

In all fairness to the east coasters....it was pretty short notice and most of the budgets are done at the beginning of the season/year. Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself if you can affort to find about 3k per person plus bike transport within 2 month? This year is a build up year for this event in my opinion and if we can show we get good spectator numbers and positive feedback from our OWN racing community over here, then we can expect a better outcome in regards to east coast competitors next year.
        If we give them a definate date for next year, they can plan and budget for it.
        So I call on all the racers to get their entries in and crossenter to other classes you are elegible for!
        SP RACINGis supported by:
        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

There is also an East Coast Road Race Series event on the same date at Phillip Island. And I believe the full Honda compliment for 2008 will be riding at that event and that Allerton is one of them.
          Trev
          MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

"East Coast Road Race Series " oh you must mean the ARRC as its certainly not a National event

MM

Comment

Just a question to Ben or someone else in the know....as there is no cross entry fee anymore will there be refunds for those that paid the extra $100 before the original entry date?? cheers
              LYLE

Comment

2 more racers

2 more 'noobs' added to the club 1K list.
                be gentle with us please!!!
                Thats if I can get the glass to fit!! What a nightmare.
                RR VRT #100
                Sponsors Wanted.
                Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Originally posted by robwas View Post
                  2 more 'noobs' added to the club 1K list.
                  be gentle with us please!!!
                  Thats if I can get the glass to fit!! What a nightmare.

heh...fresh meat. Remember...rubbins racin'
                  Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                  hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

So is this this weekend or next weekend or what..?

Comment

Guess how's got 172RHP now! Hopefully I can ride the thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                        So is this this weekend or next weekend or what..?
                        17th-18th November.. get up there..

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          17th-18th November.. get up there..
                          Ohh don't worry, I will be

Comment

rubbin's racin!!

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                            heh...fresh meat. Remember...rubbins racin'
                            I've been rubbin all week I'm so excited...................... OH!! you mean on the track huh?
                            Yeah I'm up for that too.
                            RR VRT #100
                            Sponsors Wanted.
                            Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                            A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Glenn Allerton has confirmed that HE WILL be racing next week at the Kings of Wanneroo meeting and NOT at Phillip Island. It'll be a great Superbike race with Allerton & Battista going head to head...and you can also throw in the 2 Bens (Stronach & Henry) who were both going very quick last week whilst testing.

The Supersport race will also be great veiwing with the 2 Camerons (Stronach & Keevers) also going at it. It may be the last chance we get to see these two guys in action with the possibility of Stronach racing overseas and Keevers (who won the Reece Bancell award last night) racing full time on the National circuit.

Throw in the sidecars with a huge grid and it will be some excellent racing next week so make aure you get out there and a big tip...dont forget the aerogaurd.

Comment

Working...
                              X