Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings round - done & dusted

Well that woz an excellent w/e.

Great racing by the regulars, the newbies & the guests from the East.

MCRC put on a great show as usual & a special thanks goes out to all the officials without whom we'd be 'sans' racing; a special mention must go to Denise Stronach in the MCRC office & the MCRC Exec for all the hard work in the background & putting up with us lot during the year.

For me it capped of a great first year of racing & demonstrated the benefit of fitness & loosing more weight; next year watch out cos it'll be Team (not so) Fat Bastard . Got my best placing of 6th & a PB of 64 flat (just couldn't quite nail that 63, missed by 0.07sec). I gotta admit I get a perverse thrill in beating most of the young guys at my age.

It's been a pleasure & a privilege to race this year and the racing crowd is without doubt a great 'family', thanks to one & all.

A few personal thanks from me are due: to my fellow racers in Clubman, thanks peeps for keeping it (mostly) upright & safe; to BlackFZR & Zephyrus for giving me targets on the track to work on & achieve; to the Diesel Motors crew (Kawasaki boys) for the help during the year; to all the peeps that crewed for me during the year, fabulous work, it makes the riding that much easier; and lastly to a few of the newer racers from PSB that I know well, Jules_1972, Sean'o & CBillyR, great ta have ya out there guys, it's been fun.

Cya next year (or at a Trackday sometime soon cos I got me coaching license too).
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Awesome days racing. Talk around the pits was very positive having the 3 day event and I know the club will definately look at doing it next year. Every 2nd rider I talked to did PB's which comes with riding for a few days in a row, which will all be good for next year.

Having Glenn Allerton there was magnificent especially being behind him watching him go into the basin sideways. He's even a gentlemen when he laps us slow riders.

Lets hope big Col is ok after his off at turn 1.

Comment

I had a great time watching. Allerton was backin it into turn one like nobodie's business.. great to watch.

Comment

What a great day's racing Cam Keevers in the Supersports and Glenn Allerton in the Superbikes were awesome. Great to see some PSB'ers out there too.

The last race of the sidecars was fantastic, and first and second was fought out between locals too - huge

Took about 200 photos from the front of McCracken house of the action in the final turn, hope to get them posted in a day or two...

Comment

Im surprised i got a mention, that elusive 63 is possible smeg, if i can do it so can you . 63.8 just incase you forgot about 1.5 secs off my previous pb.

what a great weekend, thanks mcrc for a well run show, was a lot of great racing over the two days. Hope all those that had misadventures heal up well and there is nothing to serious.

Bring on next year

Comment

Congrats to all

How good were those juniors? Seeing them pass each other through the esses, then big over-and-under moves at turn 7. And all on bikes my size Do you reckon I could get away with entering in that class next year?
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

BF, all ya need is a quick shave, & they'd never know:mage:

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
              Congrats to all
              How good were those juniors? Seeing them pass each other through the esses, then big over-and-under moves at turn 7. And all on bikes my size Do you reckon I could get away with entering in that class next year?
              .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

Comment

.. not that surprised mate, surely, you were riding really well, due in part to some of my coaching I'm sure.

Remember you younger peeps, the fat bastards are stalking you .

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                Im surprised i got a mention, that elusive 63 is possible smeg, if i can do it so can you . 63.8 just incase you forgot about 1.5 secs off my previous pb.

what a great weekend, thanks mcrc for a well run show, was a lot of great racing over the two days. Hope all those that had misadventures heal up well and there is nothing to serious.

Bring on next year

Comment

What an awesome 3 day weekend of racing.... Qualified 4th- I managed to get an overall 3rd in the Club 1000, not after jump starting (15 second penalty) in the 1st race on Saturday, on Sunday coming 1st in the first race and a 5th in the last race... El has really stepped in up in the last couple of months- and getting a constant mention from the comentator (think he fancys her.. )
                  Huge thanks to all for a great first season, look forward to next season- not sure yet if I am going to continue on the thou or go for the 600...

Anyway look forward to seeing some picts..

Hope Col and Heinrik (spelling) are both ok....

Till next year...
                  Sponsored by:
                  Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
                  Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post

Remember you younger peeps, the fat bastards are stalking you .
                    He speak for yourself I'm not fat (much) so :starwars:

MM

Comment

Great weekend!!

Yep it was a great weekend!!
                      Qualified 11th in clubman 1000 in my first event and first time on slicks.
                      Finnished 10th overall even after a jump start in the second race from 4th on the grid DAMN!!! (who said drag racing helps your starts?)
                      Did a PB of 63.2 and didn't fall off. (just a few scares)
                      Thanks to all the guys pitted around me who helped out with stands etc and I hope those that fell are well soon with not much damage to self, machine and wallet.

See you all next year

Hey Jules I didn't make the 62 second mark but it shouldn't be long!!!
                      RR VRT #100
                      Sponsors Wanted.
                      Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                      A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
                        Well that woz an excellent w/e.

Great racing by the regulars, the newbies & the guests from the East.

MCRC put on a great show as usual & a special thanks goes out to all the officials without whom we'd be 'sans' racing; a special mention must go to Denise Stronach in the MCRC office & the MCRC Exec for all the hard work in the background & putting up with us lot during the year.

the racing crowd is without doubt a great 'family', thanks to one & all.

Cya next year (or at a Trackday sometime soon cos I got me coaching license too).
                        Big DITTO to that one Smeggy

Had a totaly AWSOME weekend. Dropped into the 66s, kept it upright all weekend and finished all the races. (even if I should've had a cocktail in the other hand in the last race)...

Congats to all with new highs. Well done Seano 5th in race two. Big. to Jules to coming back today, and hope all that went down are soon back up..

DD

Comment

was awesome to watch but would rather have been racing. heinrich (stichy on the forum) has done his collarbone and a couple of ribs and has also dislocated his shoulder. he knocked about a second off his PB though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrid View Post
                            was awesome to watch but would rather have been racing. heinrich (stichy on the forum) has done his collarbone and a couple of ribs and has also dislocated his shoulder. he knocked about a second off his PB though...

that was a horrible crash. It happened in front of me as I was heading out of the s'ss into the left hander....saw his bike flipping end over end...was horrible to see. Hope he recovers well.
                            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Wow. it seems that PB's were the order of the weekend. It goes to show that three days of solid riding shows in the results. The whole event was awsome, the best run event that I have ever participated in. Big ups to Adrian, Denise and all the committee, marshals and flaggies for a fantastic weekend.

I also managed a PB of 62.73 and finished up 4th in Superstock and 3rd in Clubman 600. Fantastic way to finish the year, I cant get the smile off my face.

Big big thanks to Tex, Calvin and Wayne for being the best team mates I could ask for. Their support, encouragement and shit talk made this year all the more worthwhile, thanks guys.

To big Col, Heinrich and Mick hope you all heal fast.

See you all at the track next year

Andrew #72
                              Last edited by motoholic; 19-11-2007, 07:51 AM. Reason: adding comments

Comment

Working...
                              X