motoGP or bust(ed collar bone) #137

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motoGP or bust(ed collar bone) #137

well what a weekend 2 and a bit days at the track and a new PB!!

Friday and saturday was a pain just couldn't get the yellow peril sorted almost highsided twice in practice and once more during the race on saturday, so did the usual wondered up and down the pits looking for advice. Well finally found some and adjusted the rear sag WOW what a difference.

Went out sunday morning practice and the bike felt better than ever, i was holding all my lines and hitting my brake markers BRING ON RACE 1. the bike was flying and everything felt great i was having a ball, after the restart i got a pretty good position and picked up a place or so. Was sitting behind a rider for about 2 laps but couldn't out drag it with my 7fiddy but found i was a bit quicker thru esses and the left hander.

So the begining of the end , i figured i would make my move on the left UNFORTUNATELY as i went to cut up the inside as we tipped into the left i for some stupid reason gave it a absolute fist full shot past , panicked a bit seeing i was already going thru faster than ever before and touched the front brake SCRREEEECHH BANG OUCH

I was surprise how slow this felt, as soon as i hit the ground I new my collar bone snapped sliding along thinking it's ok BUT then i hit the grass. UP and OVER we go - twice i bounced i think then splat and everything went quite....very quite. Hmmm still breathing shoulder hurts must be alive. Then i thought to quickly stand up before my fiance' runs across the track to kick my ar$e

anyway thats how i remember my first crash!! thanks to the ambo's and track crew for getting me and my stuff . BIG thanks to everyone who helped Clare pack up and get my bike sorted

injury count 1 well and truly snapped collar bone and 2 broken ribs but the drugs are good ...... see you all round 1 next year

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them!!!

Geez mate...I saw it all happen and me and stu were battling each other behind you. I was coming out of the esses...and then saw your fluero bike cartwheeling end over end....it was sickening to watch you go down. Im glad you walked away from that one.....wasnt a good day for it...the recovery crew were bloody busy all day Sunday.

See ya next year...hope the repair bill for the bike isnt to bad.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Good to cya on the mend mate, got that first (& hopefully only) bingle outta the way & have those experience points in the bag .

The show you put on with both you and the bike tumbling & cartwheeling woz pretty speccy; how's the bike? If ya need a hand sorting stuff just holla, lotsa peeps here to help.

BTW - when passing peeps on the left I cover the front brake with just one finger, if I need to use it I minimise the chance I'll overuse it; getting off the seat more also helps but the quicker you go the less prep time you have so I find it's hard to do when scrapping for places.
      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Heal quick

Always sorry to hear about someones off.
        Hope all heals quickly and the bike is not too bad.
        I had my best and worst race in that one too. Got a good start from 11th and was running 4th when Col went down. Jumped the restart and crossed the line 5th only to be relegated to 12th.
        Get that bike & body fixed and back on the track for next year.
        RR VRT #100
        Sponsors Wanted.
        Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
        A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Welcome to the club mate!

Get well soon and will catch you out there again soon(ish).

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

Saw you cartwheeling through the paddock and was thinking WTF, but all makes sense now.. Good that you can remember it.
            It's a bugger when ya that red mist gets in the eyes eh..:o Bloody front brakes..

Heal well.. not too much laughing either eh...

DD

Comment

Wondered what that bright yellow bird was doing flying on the left hander now I realise it was you Hope you heal well Stitchy and will see you next year but not in the same class anymore.

MM

Comment

Like Jeremy said, welcome to the club mate!

I think it's bloody awesome that you are doing the times you are doing and only just had your 1st crash...think I was up to 3 crashes before I was doing times like that.

Congrats on the PB

Heal quick champ!

Dave

Ps. Did Clare kick your ass when you woke up from the drugs

Comment

I was watching that - the fella on the red bike, I thought you 2 had touched, then there was a cart wheeling GSXR, and the guy on the red bike ran off in sympathy.

Was a bit of a worry watching, as its always best when riders get straight back up on their feet. Sort of layed there for a while before feet time.

Glad to hear your sort of ok!!!
                  Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

[quote=Rob;666690]Was a bit of a worry watching, as its always best when riders get straight back up on their feet. Sort of layed there for a while before feet time.
                    quote]

yeah there was definitely a few second gap. not good to watch.

congrats on the PB too mate. also, if you are going to crash it is best to cause a red flag so you get to keep your top ten placing

Comment

[quote=Jarrid;666760]
                      Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Was a bit of a worry watching, as its always best when riders get straight back up on their feet. Sort of layed there for a while before feet time.
                      quote]

yeah there was definitely a few second gap. not good to watch.

congrats on the PB too mate. also, if you are going to crash it is best to cause a red flag so you get to keep your top ten placing
                      haha just a rest to check i was alive and the thought that my fiance' would kill me if i didn't stand up
                      Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them!!!

Comment

Glad to hear your ok mate..... Despite the PB's, there seem to have been a few offs over the weekend. Rest up, heal well, and hopefully see you out there next season.
                        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I recon the light's were a problem all weekend.. Every racein in the the cubbies, some one broke them .. JAck, Ell, Jason 190 Robwas ????? Watup with that???

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            I recon the light's were a problem all weekend.. Every racein in the the cubbies, some one broke them .. JAck, Ell, Jason 190 Robwas ????? Watup with that???
                            Yeah there was a few jumped the start, to keen to get going i think, jumping when the red came on not waiting for it to go out. Did learn something from watching a few do it though, they give you a 15 sec penalty for jump start, so if you do jump, dont stop and wait for the red to go out, go like hell and see if you can make up a few of those 15 secs on clear track before the rest take off ...No i wasnt one of the eager beavers that jumped the start

Comment

Good to see everyone pulled up sort of ok....heal quick guys!!! And get some glasses for the lights....
                              SP RACINGis supported by:
                              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X