Forum Riders at Phillip Island.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Riders at Phillip Island.

Just been keeping an eye on Leroy (Gohan) and Alan (#151) at Phillip Island.

1st Qualifying session has Shannon Johnson fastest (Yamaha R1) with a time of 1:35.728.
    And the first WA rider, that being Cameron Lee (Yamaha R1) with a fastest time of 1:45.742 sitting in 21st position.

Leroy with his fastest time of 1:54.319 is sitting back in 30th position.
    As for Alan he is still too sore to ride.

Now the cut off time is 110% of the fastest lap time, so at this stage the cut off time is 1:45.300

I spoke to Leroy this morning and he tells me his suspension is far too hard for the P.I. track so he is very confident of droping his lap times.

Fingers crossed Leroy makes the cut and Chookie can make it out on the track 8)

Thanks for the update Calv, very much appreciated.

Lets hope that Leroy and get those times down with a suspention tweek and a few more laps of experiance.

Go WA! Go YAMAHA!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Man thats scary !! i know how fast leroy is and he's 19secounds off the pace !!! :shock: :shock: imagine how the rest of us would be doing ! :shock:

Comment

Spoke to Leroy this afternoon, he was saying that the straights were dry and the corners were wet so he was having some excessive sideways movement :x Plus he was using his tyres from last State round and they were cooked on the right side of the tyre, so every right hander he was taking he was spinning up the rear. Leroy was confident he could drop his times.

Alan (#151) will not ride at all :oops: He is far too sore to ride, which must be a piss off!

Just to put you in the picture, Leroy has never been to Phillip Island before let alone ride on the track, so one could say his times will drop every track session.

Race 1
        Cameron Lee finished 18th
        Leroy finished 28th, 2 better than he qualified. 8)

Comment

As a comparison, what lap times do the GP bikes do?
          ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

As a comparison, what lap times do the GP bikes do?
            Rossi today did a 1:30.2, nearly 6 seconds quicker than a full spec superbike.

Comment

I see Russel Nash (5 Star Yamaha) is riding well in the Supersport support races, he has finished 14th in his first two races, top effort 8)

Leroy and Cameron are up next.

Comment

Bad news, Leroy DNF 4th lap :oops:

I'll try and get some details.

Comment

Bad news, Leroy DNF 4th lap  :oops:  

I'll try and get some details.
                  Far Canal. I just sent him a SMS to wish him the best of luck. Must have jinxed him.

Sorry Leroy
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Shit I hope that it wasnt an off

Comment

Shit I hope that it wasnt an off  
                      I'm with you. I left a message to ask if he was ok :roll:

Leroy did not start race 3 :oops:

Comment

Working...
                      X