Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gixxer 1000 K1 race bike, what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer 1000 K1 race bike, what's it worth?

Still thinking about shipping this in as parts which I've found out I can legally do, but it would have to remain as a race bike.

If I tried to sell it in Perth what sort of interest and price would come my way?

Spec: Slick Bass (ex Foggy mechanic) tuned motor, race cams, flowed/ported head, modded cases and crank, Power Commander, full Yoshi Tri Oval, Brembo radial master cyl, EBC prolite front discs, Maxton custom rear shock and fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, Harris clipon's, Harris screen/rev counter bracket, Promac rearsets, Race fairing and seat, Double bubble screen.
    Last time on Slick's Dyno it gave 173BHP at the rear, but was under reading slightly as it was slipping on the rollers.
    Attached Files
    RC30 mmm....

A K1 ....price wise over here it would maybe fetch $8-9000
    older race bikes no matter how bombed up they are just don't have a good market in Australia. You never get back the money that you put into them.
    My blade that I just sold had OVER $30 000 spent on it and it sold for under $20 000 and it was an 06 model that had over 180hp at the rear wheel.

you just don't make money out of race bikes, IMO

Comment

Thanks for the info Tex, here in the UK it would fetch about £2000, which equates to $4800 AUD approx, so perhaps it's worth shipping after all?
      RC30 mmm....

Comment

Bring it over, race it for a season and then sell it
        In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

I'll take it of your hands for 50 quid.................
          “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
            Bring it over, race it for a season and then sell it
            Sounds like a good idea, but I think my race days are over. Don't think the old lady would appreciate pushing me around in a chair again for a couple of months, should I bin it that is

50 quid sounds tempting, perhaps I'll part it out and you can buy the throttle cable ^_^ hehehe....
            RC30 mmm....

Comment

Working...
            X