Superstock rules and regs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstock rules and regs?

Hi all- been searching online for the superstock rules and regs relating to bike mods - maybe its early onset dementia but I cant find them anywhere even on the MRCWA site - anyone point me to where they are?

What I'm after is what you can and cant do to a 'superstock' bike. Sussed out a slightly (superficial IMO) damaged Kwaka 600. If I do decide to go this route, I dont intend to ride it on the road, so all the road legal stuff doesn't need replacing and the rest can be removed. But what can you do to the rest of the bike, fairing, brakes, suspension, etc?

Sooo PSB experts what can I do and not do to a superstock 600 machine and where is the rules writ?

thanx anavag'day

PS - if you have the web sites of good dealers that sell 'race' type parts I would be obliged for the links. Thanx again
    Last edited by Hostilemonk; 12-12-2007, 04:59 PM.
    Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Ok...you have started the right way...race bike...lol...
    -no engine mods allowed
    -gearbox has to be stock
    -gearing can be changed, ask smeghead for the Kwaka one
    -no coolant allowed
    -all drainplugs/fillercaps wired
    -oilfilter wired
    -brakes have to be stock
    -you can use braided brake lines
    -slip on muffler, no louder than 106db/A (from memory)
    -aftermarket air filter allowed
    -fork/shock internals can be changed to whatever your bank account allows you to
    -tyres as per tyre regs

Contact Denise at MCRCWA and ask her to send you the regs, she is very helpfull person and will do her best to help you out. Phone number should be on the website. Other people to ask are Tex, Smeghead, Ben and a few others on here. I just recalled the above points out of the top of my head. Hope this helps...
    Stephan
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

you need to go to the Motorcycling Australia website and look for the GCR's (General Competition Rules). Should be available as a PDF. (Click Here)

From there look at section 15.7 on page 111.

But what Stephan has said above is pretty accurate, and touches all the high points
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Thanks Guys - Got the regs and the section now - now to do the costings on the kwaka

Much obliged
        Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Mate just ride it first and go from there, a stock late model 600 with fresh fluids all round is more capable than most of use on here. Do the basics and save your $$$ for tyres and suspension if needed. Personally if you can do sub 62 then think about mods if not stock will be fine unless your weight is extreme.

Comment

I was wondering whats allowed to be done to ride Clubman...

Comment

you can do just about anything if you want to ride it only in clubman....but it's not really a smart way to set up your bike becquse eventually you'll want to move out of clubman.

Pretty much so everything stephan wrote up is correct , add into it that you can run a steering damper (really is a must)
              rearsets can be used
              ONLY susspension internals can be changed, you can't change the external look in any way .....in other words you can't rip out your stock forks and replace them with ohlins forks....but you can revalve the stock ones with ohlins kits, and you can't replace the rear shock
              fairing has to look standard, no double bubble screens
              No power commanders (althought this may of changed)
              brakes are stock but you can use different pads
              no quick action throttles
              no clip on bars
              and that's about it ....as far as I can remember

Comment

520 chain conversions are ok, and so is an onboard laptimer.

Fairing bellypan must be capable of holding 5 litres of fluid,and be fitted with 2 off 25mm holes at either end with bungs in for dry day, out for wet day.

No fitting of slipper clutches if they were not original fitment on bike.
                Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

After finding out what the chain pitch was, realized that Rob is correct. 520,525 & 530 chains are all a 1/2" or 0.5" (5 of the 520)pitch, it is just the roller width that is different (20 representing 0.20", or 25, representing 0.25" etc)..... so 520, 525 and 530 chains all have the same pitch, just a different roller width.

I learned something new today.
                  Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I think if you look closely at the rules Rob you'll find an on board lap timer isn't legal, even though i've never seen it enforced at a state round, we all took ours off for the national rounds !

basically you can have electronic equipment that sends information from the bike to the pit wall/pit crew but you can't have anything that transmitts information from the pits to the bike , and technically that is what a lap timer does. so under the gcr's they are illegal.

When you read the GCR's , if it doesn't say you can do it , then it means you can't do it !......technically even oggy knobs were illegal a few years back as it wasn't stated they could be fitted !

Comment

don't forget the noise regs are almost certainly changing for next year; this year it was 102db & if memory serves next year is gonna be 96 or 98db
                      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

LOL Smegs the R6 is like a church mouse

Comment

That is why they are legal Tex, because a lap timer unit does not receive information - it only receives a signal/trigger. There is no actual 'information'/data etc.
                          Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

[quote=BlackFZR;692277]After finding out what the chain pitch was, realized that Rob is correct. 520,525 & 530 chains are all a 1/2" or 0.5" (5 of the 520)pitch, it is just the roller width that is different (20 representing 0.20", or 25, representing 0.25" etc)..... so 520, 525 and 530 chains all have the same pitch, just a different roller width.

I learned something new today.[/quote

you might find that the 5 in the chain refers to eighths of an inch so a 5xx chain is 5/8 inch pitch which is 15.875 mm

The second and third digits indicate the chain’s width, measured between the
                            inner sideplates. An EK chain ending in ‘20’ measures 1/4" or 6.35mm between the
                            plates. If the number ends in ‘25’ or ‘28’, the dimension is 5/32" or (2.5/8 inch)7.94mm. If the number
                            ends in ‘30’ or ‘32’, the width is 3/8 inch or 9.53mm

Cheers

Bear
                            Its better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              That is why they are legal Tex, because a lap timer unit does not receive information - it only receives a signal/trigger. There is no actual 'information'/data etc.
                              ?????? yeah it does ?? It provides information to the rider in the way of a digital display !
                              like I said , they may of changed GCR's , but last national round here in WA we were told they were illegal

Comment

Working...
                              X