footpeg feelers on racecraft days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footpeg feelers on racecraft days

On the last race craft I went on, I lowsided my cbr 250 in the basin due to leaning to far and leaving my footpeg feelers on which scaped into the ground and upset the rear suspension

My question to anyone who wants to answer, is this:

Would it be better to leave the footpeg feelers in to guage the lean limits of the bike? or take them out so you don't have to worry about them scraping at all. Taking into account the tyres aren't slicks and the suspension is still factory(no after market suspension i mean).

Cheers
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

always take them of(hero knobs).you will get yourself into more trouble with them there,because if it does touch,you will shit and stand the bike up and will take the scenic route to destruction :shock:if there not there,its unlikely that the pegs will hit the deck unless your going at racers pace but you will find your tyre limits before that stage(hopefully).

Comment

Agree with Leroy, fuck them off! sounds like you need to get off your bike more, this will take a while to get used to it, but trust me it will happen. I have seen a lot of riders low side on the left hander due to them not getting off the bike (that's racecraft days).

I know towards the end of a race day and I'm getting tied, my pegs start touching the ground, I'm not getting off the bike enough.

My 2c 8)

Comment

I've always worried that if I took off the feelers, I'd get to the edge of the tyres and they'd let go and I'd end up lowsiding it :?

Comment

I've always worried that if I took off the feelers, I'd get to the edge of the tyres and they'd let go and I'd end up lowsiding it  :?
          I don't have them fitted at all, and often my pegs hit the ground when I'm shagged, but each time I try and focus on getting off my bike and keeping the bike as upright as possible.

Comment

If you get the chance to have a look at the pegs on my 600rr you will see that they are wearing away at a pretty quick rate !1 i usually run my peg on the ground in the basin, But it's the same as Calvin , I only do it when i'm getting lazy and not getting off the bike, Even with my peg on the ground i've still got heaps of tyre on the track. To ride off the side of your tyre you really have to be leaning the bike over a F%&king long way.
            Take the Hero Knobs off , the're not worth the hassle.

Comment

Cool thanks everyone, providing I can pick up some race glass I will see you out at the next race craft 8)
              1, Always look good
              2, Always know what you're doing
              3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Cool thanks everyone, providing I can pick up some race glass I will see you out at the next race craft 8)
                Good boy :twisted:

Comment

make sure you go on the sunday ace - that's when i'll be there. :twisted:

i started getting the feelers down last time i was up there so just took them off as all it accomplishes is distracting you. and then you can carry the scuffed hero blobs around in your wallet and impress chicks...

Comment

and then you can carry the scuffed hero blobs around in your wallet and impress chicks...
                    Wow does it work? I need some new tricks man hehe..
                    Will you insure me?!

Comment

Working...
                    X