Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackdayz - stage 1?

Hi knowledgable people,

Im looking at attending a trackdayz stage 1 course in late january. How intensive is this course? could i do the course on one tank of fuel or do people usually trailor their bikes, bring extra fuel etc? CBR600RR if it matters.

What do ya need to bring, gaffer tape to tape your lights and that? im pretty keen to book it but i want to know what im up for first

I have read the course outline but it only seems to cover course content that i can tell. All your experiances appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
    Scribble

Originally posted by Scribble View Post
    Hi knowledgable people,

Im looking at attending a trackdayz stage 1 course in late january. How intensive is this course? could i do the course on one tank of fuel or do people usually trailor their bikes, bring extra fuel etc? CBR600RR if it matters.

What do ya need to bring, gaffer tape to tape your lights and that? im pretty keen to book it but i want to know what im up for first

I have read the course outline but it only seems to cover course content that i can tell. All your experiances appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
    Scribble
    hey scribble

i did the stage one a couple months ago on the 636.

i filled up on the way to the track and managed to do the whole day and get home without the fuel light going on. If you're really concerned ask around who else is going to the same day as you and perhaps ask someone to bring you're jerry can with them.

just bring your bike as it is. for the first stage they have a couple guys that scrutineer the bikes and going around and tape the headlights, speedo, mirrors and brake lights for you. not a bad idea if your bike is coming up to its service to get it done beforehand to ensure brake pads aren't too thin and the tires have enough meat on them.

is heaps of fun, sure you'll have a ball.

Comment

Sweet cheer's for that! it's just had it's 6k service a couple hundred k's ago. Im thinking of getting some pilot powers on soon though so will see if i can afford a set before then still enough tyre though.

So who else is going on the 28th??

Comment

Stage 1 course you will do on a tank of fuel, fill up in waneroo and all should be good. its a pretty laid back course, teaching braking, lines counter steering all at a pretty slow controlled pace, only the last session or 2 in stage 1 do you get to open it up a bit. You will need to take tape for taping up speedo, lights, indicators number plate and mirrors, preferable to remove mirrors. Food and drink can be bought at the track but always a good idea to take plenty of water with you, dehydration and bikes are not a good combination. Something to clean your visor with is also handy. make sure your helmet is in good cond, no marks from a previous crash, they wont let you use it, have good gloves, proper bike boots, not slip on blundstones, preferable to have a leather jacket but textile ones with armour will do. leather pants a good idea but they will let you use Draggins or 2 pairs of jeans for stage 1.
        just remember its a day of learning, listen to what the instuctors say, practice it and have fun. racing with your mates comes in later stages

Comment

May be worthwhile to check over the bike before you go, you'll want some meet left on the tyres and brakes, lube and adjust the chain. I usually take some tools to remove the mirrors and rear fender...tyre gauge is also good. Trakdayz supply the tape for taping up the speedo etc. You should be ok on 1 tank but I usually take a 5l can in the backpack.
          Wear the best gear that you can get ahold of....boots, draggins, jacket, gloves and helmet the minimum...get ahold of leathers if you can.
          They supply lunch and have water but extra food and drink will help keep you focussed.
          Stage 1 starts fairly slow but all comes together at the end of the day. Enjoy, it will be a great day.
          -JC-

Comment

Cool booked up now. I've got all my gear so im fine there, hopefully have a new helmet after xmas backpack with a few bottles of water and some tape/mirror removing tools (maybe in my tool kit, will check) and im set!

eeek excited

Comment

.. just be careful, it's addictive, MCRCWA have had 62 new race licenses issued this year & a goodly number to PSBers, I just completed my first race season, mintox ... repeat after me, gotta buy a track bike, gotta buy a track bike, gotta buy a track bike, gotta buy a track bike ... fade to black
              .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Ask Smeghead about fuel.....

Comment

PMSL Repeat after me MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK MUST PUT FUEL IN TANK BBBWWWAAAAAAA We wub you anyway ya long haired lout. So where is the best place on Barbs to run out fuel anyway I here the basin sux

Comment

Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Ha Ha!!!

Me, 1 time only, at top of Hill coming out of the basin.
                      Had enough speed to coaster in to the clubhouse hill though.

Put that extra 1L in, well worth it!!!

Comment

I'll be seeing you there Scribble
                        I'm on a blue/white 06 GSXR600
                        I cant wait either

Comment

Originally posted by -JC- View Post
                          They supply lunch and have water but extra food and drink will help keep you focussed.
                          -JC-
                          TRAKDAYZ don't supply their participants with lunch, but the canteen will be open and they sell a good range of lunch foods.. sandwiches, pies, cakes, drinks etc.

The tap water at the track isn't potable - so BYO if you can (there will be some available in the clubrooms on the day).

Bookings are hot atm - so get in sooner rather than later.
                          Formerly known as gUmNuT

TRAKDAYZ

Comment

Originally posted by gUmNuT View Post
                            TRAKDAYZ don't supply their participants with lunch
                            They used to!

I remember this year Trakdayz participants would get a lunch token when registering.

Originally posted by www.trakdayz.com.au
                            Q) Is there food available?
                            A) The good people at the Canteen at Barbagello will give you a Sandwich, a drink, and a piece of cake with your food voucher that you get when you sign on. Extra food and drinks can be purchased from them on the day.

Racecraft however you had to bring your own lunch or buy something from the canteen.

Comment

I is booked in too .... pity I'll still be on the 250!! Nevermind ... its all fun!

See you there!
                              Need Finance - http://www.rev-it.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X