SuperMoto WA Sat 23rd Oct *pic*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperMoto WA Sat 23rd Oct *pic*

Here is the article I have written for the local rag about our first club ride day. Im still waiting for the pics to come through, will attach them on when they do.

"The culmination of months of planning by SuperMoto WA President Dave Holden (Clerk of the Course on the day) came into fruition at 1pm on Saturday 23rd October. The International Kart Track at Wanneroo rumbled to a different tune, for the first time 50 motorbikes rolled out onto the track. The sport of SuperMoto racing is a crossover between Road and Dirt riding, offering excitement to a wide range of motorsport's enthusiasts. The event was supported by Motor Cycling Australia WA (MA), the sports Governing Body, & staffed by members of the SuperMoto WA club who between them had the roles of Race Secretaries, Marshall’s, Scrutineers and First Aid covered.

In front of a crowd of interested onlookers, which included MA official Graham Pritchard, the two classes of SuperMoto bikes (Beginner/Intermediate & Intermediate/Advanced) threw themselves into the event. The track was tight and challenging, forcing close & exciting riding. The dirt section received rave reviews from riders and spectators alike, with many of the bigger bikes clearing the table top jump then having to pull into a tight lefthander before swinging back onto the bitumen. For the dirt bike riders this section offered them a chance to make up time and gain positions, several of the riders compete at various MotoX levels. Reining WA Super Bike and Super Sports champion Russell Nash gave his Yamaha 450 a workout around the track, showing his skills are multi faceted. With the majority of the bikes being 4 strokes the noise was thumping and the crowd loved every minute of it. With only a few minor incidents during the day, only one rider received first aid for a small injury. The Advanced group were sliding it sideways into and out of the front straight, which offered 2 fast left handers. Moves like those are the trademark of SuperMoto riding. While the most numerous bikes were Yamaha’s, there was a good sprinkling of all major Japanese manufacturers represented, and some exotic Europeans (KTM, Husaberg, Husqvarna & Joe Grasso’s VOR).

Pocket Bikes (miniature 50cc racing bikes), Bucket Racers (100cc 2 strokes) & Fast 50’s (50-110cc mini bikes) entertained not only their riders but also the spectators with their laps around the testing track. The venue provided a great opportunity for this new and growing area of riding. It was hard to tell who was enjoying the small bikes more, their stoked pilots or the spectators who were thrilled by their surprising pace, tumbles and overtaking manoeuvres. Some of these bikes clearly outpaced their competition all day, and were the only stayers to the final session, with riding closing at 6pm. With one rider travelling 3 hours there were some very keen people enjoying this class.

Towards the end of the day nearly all the riders had had their fill, but were asking about when the next event would be (4th Dec 1-6pm, pits open for scrutineering from 11am, Go Kart hire until 12 noon). The thirsty and hungry amongst them were happy to get a burger and beer from the Canteen & Bar, well staffed by Paul Brophy & Mrs Allanson of the Tiger Kart Club. The facilities were appreciated, with undercover pits & rest room/showers.

Any enquires into the SuperMoto WA club can be made at Bikers Corner, Joondalup Ph 9301 1277 or at the web site www.supermotowa.com

Article by Rebecca Blair-Hickman, First Aider, SuperMoto WA.
    Pictures by BW Media."

222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

wikid....

lemme know when nomiminations are up for the next round! im going pocket rocket racing!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Looks fun, might have to give it a bash when I get some road wheels on the 350
      Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Yeah I want to learn how to slide the rear in like that so I can have a go at backing it in on the Barbegello track.

Yes, I know all the "smoothest is best" stuff, but fun is good too sometimes!

Comment

Yeah I want to learn how to slide the rear in like that so I can have a go at backing it in on the Barbegello track.
          last time I heard of someone giving backing into a corner a go at barbs, uncle highside paid a visit :?
          1, Always look good
          2, Always know what you're doing
          3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Nah, I've seen a few back it in and have no probs. Mind you they were national level riders! And last time I looked I was a pretty crappy level rider on the track!

Youd only highside under acceleration yeah? So rear wheel steer like moto style is less of a chance for a high side as you are not on the gas as hard? More controlled lock and flop?

Argh, its all theory anyway I'll never be able to do it! Girls gotta have a dream.

Comment

Go for it girl, just let me know when you are going to the track to try it as I would love to see someone back into a corner in real life and not just on downloaded gp flicks
              1, Always look good
              2, Always know what you're doing
              3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Do they make clown shoes a ladies 8? :?

I like you bikes totalling. Mine would be cbr900 + cbr600 = Bored out Black Blade?.

Comment

Just finished the video to go with that piccy.......

File Size is roughly 10mB. Right click and 'save target as'

http://www.jaxian.com/supermotowa/smwa1.wmv
                  Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

look at the concentration on his face (eyes)

those dude must have a big set of brass ones!!

Comment

ORSM Clip dude!! 8)

Just finished the video to go with that piccy.......

File Size is roughly 10mB. Right click and 'save target as'  

http://www.jaxian.com/supermotowa/smwa1.wmv

Comment

Working...
                      X