Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot Tyre Is That

---

You don't need race tyres dude. I've seen you ride. I bet you could run rings around us with Cheng Shins!
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

---

Comment

The most popular tyre choice this season that worked the best at Barbagello, (held the track record for short period until the nationals) is the Bridgestone Slicks and 002's.

Superbikes used the slicks and the Supersports used the 002's.

I have a few ex race day sets for sale for $100 a pair if you or anyone else is interested.

I have both the slicks and the 002's.

Both sets new cost $420 a pair through Alan WATTS Racing Service. Bridgestone will no longer sell either style direct through Bike Shops or to the public.

Comment

I'm not sure , but i think you'll find at the nationals the lap records were set by the Hondas , and they were on Michelin.

Most of those tyres perform well, as long as you're prepared to spend the time setting up your suspension correctly.

Comment

----

Comment

GORDY! if your not getting quicker lap times than around the 65,s use any one of the new breed of tyres.in my opinion,your wont notice anything wrong with the tyres being sliding etc until you get under those times,unless you make a mistake somewhere out there,and if thats the case your on your own buddy :shock:
              anyway,that brake and clutch thingy your talking about,front brake on while tipped in and throttle at flat out,MMM :roll: i think you may be able to do something there back it in maybe or rolling burnout while tipped over,havnt see that one yet

Comment

Tex the lap record is of course held by a Honda. The new CBR1000RR, set by Krusty Fergusson at Round Four 'Nationals' Barbagello.

Krusty does use Michellin but of which you and or no one else for that matter could purchase. These tyres are 'special' for the factory teams only. The race slicks we can purchase from Michellin are not the same as to what he or any of the factory teams would use.

However the local lap record is held by Russell set on Bridgestones.

He also held the official lap record until the National round here.

The top three place getters in the State Superbike Title and Supersport Title were all on Bridgestones.

Comment

On a YAMAHA WOOOHOOOOO

Comment

On a YAMAHA WOOOHOOOOO
                    do you need some YAMAHAHAHA stickers for the GIXXER

Comment

On a YAMAHA WOOOHOOOOO
                      do you need some YAMAHAHAHA stickers for the GIXXER

Leroy you don't miss a trick

Comment

i used michelin pilot race for each of the three rounds i competed in this year, i have not used any other brand there for its not might right to judge them, but i can say that i got down to 61.5's on a relatively stock zx6rr with pilot race m2 with out any slides or scary moments....

i think gohan is right, untill you get down to low 60's all race tyres will work but its also depends on bike setup and riding technique ..........

you may actually find that a more road based tyre "MICHELIN PILOT POWER" will work better for a track day as the usually get up to temp quicker (no tyre warmers) and are a little more forgiving on bike setup as they are produced for the masses who run stock setup bike....
                        <span style="font-family:Arial Black">www.causewaykawasaki.com.au
                        ph ralph or helen on 93623266</span>

Comment

Working...
                        X