No Historics at MCRC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Historics at MCRC?

I was really excited to see MCRC run a class for later Historics (P5/6/7) at 3 of their race rounds this year, only to find very few Historic racers are entering. What's the go? Seems like a great opportunity, especially after the Barbagallo debacle.

But it looks to be an opportinity lost, I can't see MCRC repeating the invitation if no-one is going to show up. Is there something going on behind the scenes?

I think there’s a few factors, I have only heard very briefly on a couple of occasions that they are running. Needing an MCRC membership and the race costs are significantly more than HCMC. I’ll be taking my P6 up there but I was already going to attend on my other bikes anyway
    www.brandsense.com.au
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not aware that you need an MCRCWA membership to be able to race in the class... You would need one if you wanted to participate in the MCRCWA training / tuning days, but not to race...

And given an annual associate membership to the MCRCWA costs $25, and would allow you to do the practice / tuning days as well, that doesn't seem like too much of a hurdle either.

As to the additional cost? Given it costs ~$10,000 to hire Barbagallo, versus $5,000 to hire Collie, it's understandable entry costs are going to be different.

Also given that you actually get 1 additional race on the MCRCWA days as well, if you calculate that by the $$$ per lap, it would be pretty close to the Historics entry costs, without the additional cost of travel and accommodation etc required to travel to Collie.

Chinese whispers is an amazing thing.
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Fair enough, I assumed you needed a membership to race also. I definitely understand the costs of hiring barbs is significantly more, i just imagine it puts people off when they are used to paying less
        www.brandsense.com.au
        sigpic

Comment

No, no MCRCWA membership is required. From the entry form:

"Entry Fees
          MA Competition Licence holders Solo / Sidecar $260
          (Includes hire of timing transmitter, powered Carport, track & air-fence levies)
          ."

I understand for folks living down South it is a pain in the klacker heading up to Perth, but as mentioned, if you're in Perth it all works out in the wash cost-wise. If you're good you even have the chance to win a new rear Pirelli for winning the class (Golden Era). Given there were only a handful (literally) of entry's for Rd1 the odds are pretty decent!

I dunno, I'm new to Historics, I honestly thought folks would leap at the opportunity to race what is a very different feeling circuit to Collie.

Comment

Working...
          X