Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Wanneroo track?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A New Wanneroo track?

    Anyone else see this? hear anything about it?

    https://au.motorsport.com/general/ph...cuit/47260142/

    If the world doesn't end and we need projects to get the economy firing, would this be a likely candidate?

  • #2
    Should be a huge Medicare surplus in the coming years that this can be funded with.

    Did someone say ageing population? Didn't think so...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by datsikk View Post
      Anyone else see this? hear anything about it?

      https://au.motorsport.com/general/ph...cuit/47260142/

      If the world doesn't end and we need projects to get the economy firing, would this be a likely candidate?
      wasn't that one that was knocked back by car club, 2 years or so back, because there was going to be new entity incharge of a circuit?
      Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
      remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
      Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
      Who died while defending his right of way;
      He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


      Comment


      • #4
        Hmm, that looks interesting because it is not using the track leased by the WASCC and hence could be a separate entity. They could keep their little mickey mouse track and have to rent the new track for their additional needs. They could maintain their "oldest car club in Oz" cred and the world could move forward without them.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

        Comment


        • #5
          Whats all the crap on the plan for the existing track up towards the basin? looks like someone who has never seen the elevation of the track thinks its a good spot to put in a big garage or something?
          In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by acdcfan View Post

            wasn't that one that was knocked back by car club, 2 years or so back, because there was going to be new entity incharge of a circuit?
            You’re not thinking of the proposal to extend the existing circuit?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by slowpoke View Post

              You’re not thinking of the proposal to extend the existing circuit?
              yes I am.. It looks very much the same to me
              Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
              remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
              Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
              Who died while defending his right of way;
              He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
              But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
                Whats all the crap on the plan for the existing track up towards the basin? looks like someone who has never seen the elevation of the track thinks its a good spot to put in a big garage or something?
                The old track stays the same. Look carefully. Old track on the right, new track on the left!

                New story about it : https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercar...o-map/4773816/

                Comment


                • #9
                  The word is it's fluff from the WASCC. It wont happen in our lifetime.
                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by datsikk View Post

                    The old track stays the same. Look carefully. Old track on the right, new track on the left!

                    New story about it : https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercar...o-map/4773816/
                    yes I could see that already, I'm talking about what looks like a big arse garage or something drawn on the inside of the track at the basin.
                    Personally I liked the idea of just extending the existing track out in the direction they have have the new track drawn in. Cant really see the benfit in having to duplicate garages, ammenities etc for a second track when so much has already been done at the existing track and surely extending would be a lot cheaper. Unless theres enough demand within the WA motorsport community to have events running at both tracks regularly.
                    Like usual though its probably just some pipe dream from someone in the car club trying to get themselves voted in as president or something
                    In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reading the article indicates it will be a separate entity and hence a separate track.

                      If a new organisation is created that is representative of all motorsport in the state they can apply for federal sports funding.

                      The example would be a club, say Belmont Junior Football Club (or WASCC) applying for a federal grant to build a new oval, not gonna happen. As opposed to the WAFL (or new W.A. motorsport body) applying for a federal grant to build a new oval for Junior clubs.

                      All we need to do is make sure the new motorsport body is set up in a marginal seat before the next election and bingo, $$$'s.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X