Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicks

Ok need some help.

I was quoted $431 for a set of Michelin Slicks back in December, now I went down to pay for a set and they wanted $478 WTF

I know most the field was on Bridgestone last year and I was told you could get a set for around $440 and they are cheaper than all the others???
    And I was pretty shore that Leroy gets Pirelli's for around the same.

What do you guys think, and how much should I be looking at cost wise?

Thanks,

your sponsor should chip in a little

Comment

Originally posted by zipdrive@Feb 19 2005, 11:20 AM
      your sponsor should chip in a little*
      [snapback]94574[/snapback]
      They are passing them on to me at cost plus 3%, happy with that. The supplier has changed the price.

By the way Dave, you turning up tomorrow (Sunday), Historics tuning day and 15 lap race?

Comment

Originally posted by PrestigeCBR@Feb 19 2005, 06:02 PM
        Ok need some help.
        I was quoted $431 for a set of Michelin Slicks back in December, now I went down to pay for a set and they wanted $478 WTF

the pirellis where costing me $450
        a set.im changing to the bridgestones as pirelli can jam it up there F#$k%N ass.i,ve spent to much money on tyres and still get messed around.the michelins have gone up calvin,and personally,i dont like them.over rated me thinks and we still cant get them sliding around enough to warrant changing brands because of grip issues.(we are not that quick ) im going to get the bridgestones off wattsy this year as i will be paying $425.this will be the same price for you guys as well.wattsy will at least be there for technical help and tyre changes for free.

Comment

Originally posted by gohan@Feb 19 2005, 12:57 PM
          the pirellis where costing me $450
          a set.im changing to the bridgestones as pirelli can jam it up there F#$k%N ass.i,ve spent to much money on tyres and still get messed around.the michelins have gone up calvin,and personally,i dont like them.over rated me thinks* and we still cant get them sliding around enough to warrant changing brands because of grip issues.(we are not that quick ) im going to get the bridgestones off wattsy this year as i will be paying $425.this will be the same price for you guys as well.wattsy will at least be there for technical help and tyre changes for free.
          [snapback]94581[/snapback]
          As you know, we do spend shit loads on tyres, and the money you save helps. I will ring Wattsy dueing the week and organize tyres.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X