Hot tip needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot tip needed

Any info on how to trim that stuff neatly and apply it would be good.

Where do you buy it from? The 8-10mm stuff.

I meant to ask on the weekend
    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Clark Rubber ?

Comment

I just got a square slab from Clark rubber and used a bit of a stensil to cut out a piece that looked a bit like a seat then glued it onto the raceglass... cost me about 5 bucks.
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

cut it to shape first then sand with 36 grit dry paper then go over with 80 grit dry paper.this is the neatest way to do it.clark rubber or adlim enterprises i think it was called.

Comment

Any of the above!

Comment

Hang on let me clarify... (soory paint/glass fumes all week, my brains addled )

We get the rubber, trim it up, then snad the RUBBER? or the seat where its gonna go?? And what is the adhesive that is used (it will be going on over arcylic clear).

The bike has been resprayed, I await Leroy ripping my paint job and colour choise to pieces!!
            222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

if you want the edges you have cut to look neat sand them with the above paper.glue on with contact.
              i promise not to take the piss out of the paint job really i do

Comment

Rob/Rebecca, what colour is your bike changing to. Still the same bike/bodywork?
                Got any pic's :-)

2001 SV650 - Wolf exhaust, racetech emulators, zx10r shock, ignition advance, airbox+jet mods :-)

Comment

Just the carcass at the moment

Something I dont like about this particular bike. Have to whip the front wheel off to get the fender off, so the brakes have to come off too. What a fucked design that is.

Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@Apr 29 2005, 09:27 AM
                    Just the carcass at the moment* * *

Something I dont like about this particular bike. Have to whip the front wheel off to get the fender off, so the brakes have to come off too. What a fucked design that is.

[snapback]114222[/snapback]

Shit you should be able to sell it back to Tex for more money than you paid for it off him

So whats the new colours?

Comment

Thats a trade secret at the moment! But its a bright blue, we keep timing and filming the wrong yellow bike so going to a more individual and noticable colour.

I am doing the advanced day on 15th May, so I'll try to get s few piccys up before then.

I am terrified of rocking up on the shiny new paint job and going really slow!! I hope I can block out all the hard work and time and just ride it like its stolen again.

(well, not that Im fast or anything!! But I dont want to be any SLOWER!)
                      222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca@Apr 29 2005, 10:06 PM
                        Thats a trade secret at the moment! But its a bright blue, we keep timing and filming the wrong yellow bike so going to a more individual and noticable colour.

I am doing the advanced day on 15th May, so I'll try to get s few piccys up before then.

I am terrified of rocking up on the shiny new paint job and going really slow!!* I hope I can block out all the hard work and time and just ride it like its stolen again.

(well, not that Im fat or anything!! But I dont want to be and SLOWER!)
                        [snapback]114312[/snapback]
                        Once painted go outside with screw driver and mark it :o then the new bike look is gone and you can thrash it like it was stolen

Comment

Working...
                        X