New Lap Record for WA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lap Record for WA?

Will Jamie go under the cager lap record on his screaming Ninja?
    He's sure to!
    0%
    No way - it'd take a WA lad to break a sub-55 second lap
    0%
    I don't care because my boyfriend is gay
    0%
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

yes, but why jamie me thinks brooksy and gilesy will be under the record

Comment

why Jamie? cause he has got the lap record at round one and two...
      ooh yeah he has one big advantage his ZX10R
      <span style="font-family:Arial Black">www.causewaykawasaki.com.au
      ph ralph or helen on 93623266</span>

Comment

So what is the lap record for cages and bikes respectively?

Comment

Originally posted by CB Boy@May 11 2005, 07:45 PM
          So what is the lap record for cages and bikes respectively?
          [snapback]117907[/snapback]
          mm got told the lap record was like 50 seconds for a cage

RIP Scott!
          RIP Onikage!
          RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jamie Stauffer will be looking to maintain his perfect 2005 hit rate when he takes to the track at Perth’s Barbagallo Raceway on Sunday, May 29. Stauffer and his 190-horsepower Kawasaki ZX-10R have set a new Superbike lap record at each of the circuits he’s visited so far in the 2005 YMF Loan Australian Superbike Championship – and the New South Welshman will be looking to do the same at the 2.42km Western Australian track.

Stauffer, who currently lies third in the seven-round series, set new lap records at both the opening round at Phillip Island in April and then again at Eastern Creek’s round two earlier this month as he proves his 310km/h Kawasaki ZX-10R is a match for the factory Hondas, Yamahas and Suzukis in the field. And as Stauffer already holds the Supersport lap record at Barbagallo, circuit knowledge won’t be a problem for the factory-supported Kawasaki rider.

With the current Barbagallo Superbike lap record held by Joe Rocket Honda rider Adam Fergusson at 56.123sec, a further carrot for Stauffer will be the tantalisingly close V8 Supercar lap record of 55.944, held by Jason Bright. Can Stauffer make it a double whammy?

However, although the Eastern Creek record was pleasant bonus, and third and second placings good enough for third overall on the day, Stauffer was far from happy with his results as he saw Joe Rocket Honda CBR1000RR rider Josh Brookes take a double win at the Sydney circuit and extend his lead at the head of the championship table.

“I’m pretty disappointed with the result,” said Jamie, who lost out by just 0.171sec in race one at Eastern Creek to his brother Dan as the duo drag-raced to the finishing line.

“Early in the race Dan outbraked himself heading into Turn Two and ran me wide when I had the lead."

“Then on the last lap a lapped rider just ran me straight off the track on the last corner. I have no idea why he wanted to use the concrete patch on the outside of the circuit. I had nowhere to go. That’s racing I guess.”

A consolation for the younger of the two Stauffer brothers was a new lap record of 1:32.023sec, a time 0.712sec quicker than the record previously held by brother Dan.

The racing at Eastern Creek was some of the closest and hardest Superbike racing ever seen in the championship’s 17-year history, and points to more of the same at Barbagallo.

In front of a large and enthusiastic Sydney crowd Brookes held off a spirited challenge from the Stauffer brothers to win both races in the new-format YMF Loan Australian Superbike Championship on Sunday, May 1.

It was an enthralling day’s racing, with the Superbikes hitting speeds of 285km/h along the Eastern Creek front straight, and no quarter given by the top contenders in the two longer races, a change from the three shorter sprints of 2004.

An early indication of the intensity of the competition that was to come came in Saturday’s qualifying sessions, with pole eventually going to Dan’s 2005 Yamaha Racing Team YZF-R1 with a 1:31.274sec set on his very last lap of the session.

Stauffer’s stunning time was within striking distance of the 500cc GP lap record for the 3.93km Sydney circuit, held by 1999 world 500GP champion Alex Criville at 1:30.359.

Brookes was less than impressed to have lost pole in such a way on his ‘home’ circuit, and soon set about making amends. The 22-year-old won the opening Superbike race by 3.133sec from Dan Stauffer’s Yamaha, the latter getting the better of a race-long battle with the Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R of Jamie on the final corner.

Brookes again proved victorious in race two, but this time it was Jamie in second – just 0.072sec behind as the two bikes flashed across the line.

Defending champion Adam Fergusson had a Sydney meeting best forgotten by his lofty standards on his Joe Rocket Honda CBR1000RR, but has stated his fondness for the Barbagallo circuit - where he holds the Superbike lap record at 56.123sec – and his chance to get his championship defence back on track.

“This is a circuit that has always been really good to me and I enjoy going over to the west to compete,” said Fergusson. “The fans are fantastic, and they really enjoy the show that this mobile circus provides.”

Others to watch for in the Superbike field include 2004 championship runner-up Shannon Johnson (Yamaha Racing Team YZF-R1), round one pole-sitter and three-times national Superbike champion Shawn Giles (Team Suzuki GSX-R1000) and Giles’ team mate Glenn Allerton, all on factory-supported bikes.

Add in leading privateers Scott Charlton (Suzuki GSX-R1000), Russell Holland (Honda CBR1000RR) and Robbie Bugden (Yamaha YZF-R1) and it’s a quality field with any one of 10 possible race winners in the 30-plus field.

After two of seven rounds, Brookes has a slender 16pt lead at the head of the table – 95 to 79 – over Dan Stauffer. Brother Jamie’s Kawasaki lies third on 76pts, with Giles fourth on 73 and Fergusson on 61.

In the Australian Motorcycle News Superbike Privateer Cup, Charlton’s two wins from two rounds has him on 97pts, 16pts clear of Holland.

Comment

He&#39;s on a 10, but then im biased.

Comment

Hmmmmm very interesting Poll , I don&#39;t know for sure that he&#39;ll take the lap record, but then I don&#39;t believe it will be a WA guy who does !! maybe one of the other factory riders !!

What we should be doing is trying to guess what the new lap record will be after final qualifying !! now that would be more of a challange.
                I&#39;m guessing it will be 56.35

Comment

the lap record is something like a 56.2, they will def go into the 55s for qualifying but not sure on the race. The V8 drivers think the track has slowed a little as well but there was only one race of the superbikes last year that had a few dry laps......... anyones guess really. I would imagine in the races they will run 56s

Comment

Oh yeah and i think it will be Dan Stauffer on the R1 that takes the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Frank@May 11 2005, 12:38 PM
                      mm got told the lap record was like 50 seconds for a cage
                      [snapback]117931[/snapback]
                      John Bowe did something like a 53-54 in an open wheeler in the 80s i think

Comment

according to MCRCWA the lap record is 57.20 for production superbikes, or 56.60 for superbikes, not sure how up to date the info is, but thats all i&#39;m going by.
                        I still think 56.35 will be the quickest pace at the round, as long as it stays dry !
                        if they get down into the 55s it will be damm impressive !!

Comment

I don&#39;t care because my boyfriend is gay* * [ 1 ]* ** [8.33%]
                          Maarken, CAD ?

Comment

Originally posted by djnitrous@May 12 2005, 03:52 AM
                            Maarken, CAD ?
                            [snapback]118089[/snapback]

Yea that&#39;s one way to limit the voting options

Comment

With the current Barbagallo Superbike lap record held by Joe Rocket Honda rider Adam Fergusson at 56.123sec, a further carrot for Stauffer will be the tantalisingly close V8 Supercar lap record of 55.944, held by Jason Bright.

this comes straight from www.formula-xtreme .com.au official web site of the people who run the australian championships well they took my money for entry and my transponder number so i would guess the above info to be correct . seeing as they run the series they should know who&#39;s done what laps .

Comment

Working...
                              X