Cam Keevers at Eastern Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Keevers at Eastern Creek

Got a text from Stephan today to say that Cam had qualified 8th for the Supersport race tomorrow. Apparently they have been chasing a decent setup for the last couple of days.
    [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

bumma. cam is better than that
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Just had a look at the timing sheets, cam did 0 out of 12 laps for a dnf, hope that means he didnt even start the race. Pulled into pits on lap 5 of race 2, must have some bad issues.
      Last edited by Sean'o; 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

nope, apparently he lowsided race 1. told he was ok but bike was beat up...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
          Just had a look at the timing sheets, cam did 0 out of 12 laps for a dnf, hope that means he didnt even start the race. Pulled into pits on lap 5 of race 2, must have some bad issues.
          Payback ... last time I checked a DNF means he started but DID NOT FINISH ... DNS means DID NOT START ... grease monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
            Payback ... last time I checked a DNF means he started but DID NOT FINISH ... DNS means DID NOT START ... grease monkey
            You can do the warm up lap, bike fails on grid, you dont start the race but it is counted as a DNF. Now go sharpen some pencils and see if Pauls coffee is hot enough, bloody slack pit bitch!

Comment

Hi all. We did chase a set up all free practice sessions and qualifying, which is not an ideal situation. Cam set his fastest laptime in the last lap of qualifying and put it in front of his closest rival in the privateer standings, Christian Csalla, in 8th position on the grid.

We were very positive with the race set up and how Cam was getting progressively quicker through the sessions. After a great start, he ended up in fourth by turn 2, unfortunately, he then lost the front into turn 3. The bike slid out onto the grass and flipped, distroying the tank, rear rim, tailpiece, subframe, front upper fairing and instrument cluster. Cam got away with no injuries and just a few bruises.

The bike was too badly damaged to get it back on the grid for race 2, so we had to take the number 2 bike. After the start of race two, he fell back from 8th to 11th by turn 5. He then fell back progressively after every lap and pulled into the pits on lap 5 with technical problems.

We had a positive weekend in regards to finding the speed after a slow start to the qualifying, but a negative weekend in regards to racing and concolidating our position in the overall standings. But we will battle on and emerge stronger for the experience at the next round in Mallala.

See you at the next state round! Thanks for all the messages of support!
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

At least you went forward in the chase for speed, good luck at Mallala

Comment

Thanks mate! We found nearly 5sec...but it would have been nicer to find them from a different starting point...like from 1min36sec or so....

Comment

ah that sucks man...good to hear cam is still in good form and able to get up for mallala

Comment

good that Cam is ok - everything is a learning curve and the professional way you guys go about things is a credit to you all - avagud1 at mallala

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                      Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                      You can do the warm up lap, bike fails on grid, you dont start the race but it is counted as a DNF. Now go sharpen some pencils and see if Pauls coffee is hot enough, bloody slack pit bitch!
                      Can't ya just feeeeeel the love :starwars:
                      Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                        Thanks mate! We found nearly 5sec...but it would have been nicer to find them from a different starting point...like from 1min36sec or so....
                        Wow, I wouldn't have thought that setup could make that big a difference. Just goes to show. I guess part of being a good rider is being able to communicate the on track feelings back to the pit crew for them to be able to effect the changes necessary. Must have a chat to you about that process one day.

Good to hear you may be a Trakdayz on the 22nd, catch you then if not before.
                        [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

"Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

^^^Oops
                            Belated I know, but I just saw Cam's crash on ONE tonight. It looked absolutely shocking, so I'm so happy to know that he came out of it just fine. The commentators both made the point too that Cam will come back the stronger for it because he will learn from it.

Thanks for continuing to keep us in the loop Stephan on this and his other races.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolly View Post
                              ^^^Oops
                              Belated I know, but I just saw Cam's crash on ONE tonight. It looked absolutely shocking, so I'm so happy to know that he came out of it just fine. The commentators both made the point too that Cam will come back the stronger for it because he will learn from it.

Thanks for continuing to keep us in the loop Stephan on this and his other races.
                              No probs, it was the first time I saw the crash and the damage to the bike makes sense now. Shame about the dust, but from what I can see, the bike flipped over sideways and the did a pirouette with the forks pointing up. It then seemed to land on the tail and come down on the tank and top fairing, before coming to a rest on the right hand side.

Well, we got some work to do on wednesday in Mallala, I guess...

Comment

Working...
                              X