auction prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auction prices

ok so im looking for a 07 r6 or 07 cbr600rr from auctions to turn into a race bike.

so im just wonder whats the average price of these bike written off
    there must be some sort of $X - $X that they normally go for and depending on damage?

and also what bikes have you bought from auctions at what price?

basically i want to know what to save before considering going up to bid.

and are pickles and mahimfowles the only auctions?

thanks.

I'd say 6-8k for a reasonably lightly damaged late model 600 like those. I haven't bought anything from the auctions but I went a few times while I was looking for a racebike.

Just remember to factor the fees into your bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam 52 View Post
      I'd say 6-8k for a reasonably lightly damaged
      whs.

A few 08-09 CBR 1000rr & 600rr should be coming up soon that i saw in causeways workshop getting priced for repair... Only fairing, peg and mirror damage with some swingarm scratches Written Off! The guys there said they would go for about the 6, 6.5k mark.

Im considering getting one and making it into a track bike like you :grin:

Comment

you can get a printout posted for $5 of items sold and what they went for... this is for Fowles anyway so i'd think pickles would do something too

Comment

Do you lot think this would be around the 8k price range as well? ManheimFowles - Vehicle Details - Recreation
          Originally posted by TurboR1
          Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

how much are the fee's normally cam?

Comment

$1-$500 BUYER ADMIN FEE $60.50 PER UNIT $501- $1000 BUYER ADMIN FEE $93.50 PER UNIT OVER $1001+ BUYER ADMIN FEE 7.15% PER UNIT $33 ONLINE SUCCESS FEE PER UNIT PURCHASED VIA SIMULCAST ALL VEHICLES TO BE COLLECTED BY THURSDAY AFTER AUCTION- $33 PER DAY PER UNIT STORAGE APPLICABLE THEREAFTER. ALL VEHICLESMUST BE REMOVED BY TOW TRUCK OR TRAILER-

direct paste from 'Remand's linka bove

Comment

Originally posted by remand View Post
                Do you lot think this would be around the 8k price range as well? ManheimFowles - Vehicle Details - Recreation
                I would think so, given what ive seen. Side fairing damage, Rear set damage, Exhaust heat sheild damage, mirror damage, new rearsets & bars... would also bet youd need new tyres, and youd be lucky if the swingarm, rims and brake rotors arent scratched, bent or broken....
                Enough damage to be a write-off so make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb.

When you factor in all the parts you'd need to put on to make this into a track bike... Sticky tyres, braded brake lines, powercommander + any other fruit you'd want, this is prob a better buy :

For Sale Track/Race bike for sale - Perth Street Bikes

For Sale 2007 R1 Track Bike - Perth Street Bikes

Comment

Originally posted by zxBrendon View Post
                  ok so im looking for a 07 r6 or 07 cbr600rr from auctions to turn into a race bike.
                  Could i suggest that you don't get an 07 or 06 R6 unless you really have your heart set on one and you can't find a Honda. The 08 R6 has an upgraded frame, upgraded forks and upgraded engine to the 06/07.

The engine was upgraded by widening the main bearings as some 06/07's had bearing problems and needed extensive work.
                  The frame because the 06/07 frame was too stiff in some areas and too flexible in others - so they changed the internal bracing and frame thickness in places to enhance handling.
                  The forks were lengthened to overcome some problems with the bottoming.

The Honda was probably better alround bike in 07.

Oh and i ride an 08 R6.

To turn a road bike into a track bike can cost a 2 or 3 of $K even if its just superficial damage, more if you need suspension attended to. You may be better off buying 2nd hand track bike of the vintage you are looking at - as others will point out.
                  Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Is there savings to be made by buying a new bike and not registering it, turning it straight into a track bike? On tax/rego etc?

Just thinking the R6 gets updated next year, my be deals to be done in a few months time!

Comment

if i can find a pre prepped r6 or cbr that would be great but i cant find any forsale at the moment, i might wait out until november if nothing comes up at auctions or on mcrc.

Comment

Originally posted by zxBrendon View Post
                        if i can find a pre prepped r6 or cbr that would be great but i cant find any forsale at the moment, i might wait out until november if nothing comes up at auctions or on mcrc.
                        How much do you want to spend on one?

Comment

about 10-11k max if i build it myself, bit less if i buy pre prepped

Comment

I was thinking more for the road rather than race.

Cheers
                            Originally posted by TurboR1
                            Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

1000cc bikes go for between $6 and $7k unless an 08-09 model which can go up to $10k depending on damage.

600cc bikes are usually in the $4k - $5k mark.

I saw an R1 go for $4.5k and I've seen an 08 repsol 1000RR go for $5k.

But it all depends on engine kms and damage and also who else is there bidding against you.
                              Keep in mind you are taking a gamble that the engine might not turn over or it might not come with keys, etc.
                              Last edited by drifter; 13-08-2009, 05:48 PM. Reason: extra info added
                              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Working...
                              X